We need a little more information to help you. Such as:
1) What plane are you planning to fly?
2) Do you already own a receiver? What kind in that case?
3) Are you planning to fly in large clubs or other crowded environments or is it simply for flying at some farm field or park?
4) What flying would you like to do? Gliding, 3D, aerobatics, high speed?
5) How many planes are you planning to get?
There are just SO many choices out there that it's impossible to recommend/sell you something unless we understand a little bit more about you, your plane and your flying style.
Well I"m going to be flying the Snap Dragon 44. Mostly in parks and open fields. I will probably get more planes later on. All I have is a 3 channel receiver for my old mini super cub. I need to be able to control: Flaps,Ailerons,Speed of course,Rudder and Elevator. And It would be nice to have a trainer switch.
You dont have to replace it if you dont want to. You can still move the switch by sticking something into the hole where the lever was. Internals are fine. If you dont want to change rates at all, then you have ZERO conflicts.
This is a full fledged computer radio with extensive mixing, programmable snap roll button, and extensive servo settings. This is not like the basic radios you are looking at in the other thread.
Electricity... It's not just for light bulbs anymore.