Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > Heads UP RC discussion
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Heads UP RC discussion Heads up RC discussion and support. Monitored by Heads UP RC.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-10-2011, 01:41 AM   #1
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (13)
Default order through headsuprc

order placed 9/6....shipped 9/7...... arrives 9/9.......

what can i say,SWEEEEEEET!!!!!i want to order more stuff just to get excited to recieving it so quickly...,thanks headuprc and jeff.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:50 AM   #2
gramps2161
Community Moderator

View gramps2161's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Ya Jeff is gooood he takes care of any problems quick to. He has the whole package going good prices, fast shipping, and great customer service after the sale.

So Stuart what did you buy for the next build, or is that a secret.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #3
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

hi gramps,i was going to order a 2700kv motor ,but it's out of stock.......i'll keep an eye on that.

i guess the hobbyking parkjet which is coming any day now might be considered a build...lol....just kidding.gluing the wings on doesn't make it a build.

seriously,this winter I'm planing on doing a build thread here at wattflyer with the "bird of time"by great planes. it'll be 118inch ws ,and the largest build for me,and the largest bird in the hanger. it's sitting in the workshop surrounded by other kits to be built. ever since i built the skimmer600 ,I've been loving soaring at the club Field. today would have set records of power off flying. one pilot was having difficulty getting down so i flew the towerhobbies uproar way up under a dark cloud ]way..way high]and sure enough...with power off i floated around for a few minutes.with power i climbed up and floated more time...i couldn't believe my uproar was soaring,Jim ,the other pilot watched after he landed as i was soaring the roar...,what a blast!!!!!

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
gramps2161
Community Moderator

View gramps2161's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

I to am waiting for some stock to be replaced at headsup motor and a plane.

That is fun when you can catch a strong thermal and do some soaring with a plane not designed for it. Yesterday I flew the super solution my AP plane 16 inch wing chord and 6' foot wing span I was able to shut the motor off and just float around. I checked the battery after a 15 minute flight it showed 3.91 per cell most of that was used to get some pics of the gravel pit and the water that is being held back by the dam. I came down because my neck can't take looking up that long. Should bring a reclining chair down with me be a lot easier on the neck if I did.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

ya got that right bringing a reclining beach chair..lol...,at least today i should get a chance to soar. i usually bring 3 planes to the field every trip. the batts are charged for the roar and the skimmer.

hopefully the winds will be light and the thermals popping.

first church...then off to fly!!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > Heads UP RC discussion