Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Support & Testing > Test Posting Forum
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Test Posting Forum Want to try out some formatting or uploading in a post? Here is the waste dump to do it in

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-13-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
NoResults

Friends: (0)
Default Li-po storage and transportation

I always see the dangers of these batteries but don't find any information about how to safely transport them and store them at home. Do I need to carry a fireproof safe of some kind and have same at home?
Old 09-13-2011, 01:57 AM   #2
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

Nope. You laptop has Lithium batts. So does your cellphone, and handheld game systems. What do you do to safely store and transport them?

Many go far overboard - don't become one of them. But do respect them - all batteries store significant energy (all types too!)
Old 09-13-2011, 02:00 AM   #3
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

I bought 2 army surplus ammo container that I use to store my batteries. Just about 4 years into the hobby and never had a issue with a battery catching fire.
Just treat them with respect and keep tabs on them when you have a battery charging, or you have crashed a plane I keep an eye on it for any problems.
The only one I had go up in smoke was the one I deliberately shot with a pellet gun to see what would happen. It was a older battery, and it just smoked stunk like heck enough to convince me to be careful, not a smell I would want in my house.
Don't get paranoid seems there are to many doomsday stories of explosions and spontaniouse combustions to scare some people into thinking they are like a live hand grande with the pin pulled.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Support & Testing > Test Posting Forum