Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
joobzy

Friends: (0)
Default Blade MSR flies in backward/right circles...large

Had a crash with my blade MSR and it started doing this... what I have done to try to fix it: (has not worked)
Replaced blades, blade grips, Shaft, Tail - Rotor - rotor motor, main gear...
any ideas of what would cause it?
Old 10-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
prof_fate

Friends: (1)

Sounds like "TBE" which I've seen on coax birds (have one that does it..got it used and I can make it go away but then it has a vibration...one or the other...).

TBE stands for toile bowl effect - it flies like the water being flushed...

try these things http://blog.rc-fever.com/2010/08/21/...t-bowl-effect/
Old 10-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
joobzy

cool, i will try those tonight. I have done some of them already but have not checked bushings and didnt even think about the fingers
thanks
Old 10-15-2011, 06:30 AM   #4
joobzy

So I got it fixed... I think the issue was something stupid. I am thinking that I tightened the blade grips too much and the end of the screw was holding it in that direction. I took it and reattached and viola!
Thanks for the response!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
prof_fate

Friends: (1)

GLad to hear it helped. I will one day get back to mine... too many irons in the fire at the moment.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
tchilds

I know you said blade grips fixed it but it could have also been the main rotor head. I had similar issues and it flies like a dream after I replaced the stripped out plastic main rotor head w/new one for $3. What I've learned about these birds is if you have ANY toilet bowl type issues. 1.) rebind, 2.) initialize properly w/all trims centered 3.) trim it out 4.) if it can not be flown or trimmed the upper upper rotor head parts are 99.9% of the problem.

Oh yeah, 5.) don't rely on exploded diagram to show all parts. I found out about the orings on the upper mSR and mSR X ball joints only after I broke one of my mSR X blade grips and went out to buy the new assembly. The mSR wanted to TBE about 4-5" w/all parts MINT w/out these orings.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters