Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Vintage and old timer models
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Vintage and old timer models Discuss nostalgic vintage aircraft

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-13-2012, 03:42 AM   #26
Dragonflyer

Friends: (0)

BTW my Playboy has a 67 1/2" wing. If yours is this then the CG measurements fit. Didn't realize the wing I have was so big.

If your stab is glued on then you could raise the trailing edge of the wing instead. This will change the incidence of the stab in relation to the wing. It also would give up thrust so you still may have to play with the downthrust for powered flight.

Bill
Old 01-14-2012, 03:29 AM   #27
Patsy2Shoes

Club: Meroke RC club (Long Island NY)

Hi Guys

Today I had an oportunity to look a little further at the Playboy.It has a wingspan of 50 1/2 inches the wing cord is 7 inches .the CG on the plan is 50 % at 3 1/2 inches from the leading edge.

I have been able to make a temporary stop for the front of the wing on the pylon .The wing can be moved back as a temporary basis to try some gliding experiments .It could be moved back as much as 1 inch .

I tried several locations and found that I could move the battery back into the fuselage and use the exising 3/4 oz. of lead in the nose and still get a nose down balance wiith the wing moved back just 5/8 inches .

I think this is a reasonable starting place for the next maiden flight .

Thanks
Charlie
Old 01-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #28
Dragonflyer

Charlie,
The @50% balance point of the cord is correct. My plans show it at the same location. My cord is 9 3/8", but still same airplane and same balance point..
I noticed in one of the pictures that you may be able to move the motor forward 1/4".
From what I gather it does not balance, correct.
Bill
Old 01-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #29
Patsy2Shoes

Club: Meroke RC club (Long Island NY)

Hi Dragon

I have removed the screws from the motor and pulled it forward about 1/2 inch .With it in the forward position It made very little if any difference .This is because the motor is very light .If memory serves me right it is only 34 grams.

What I am going to explore today wifey permitting with honey do's is to remove the servo rods .The ones supplied with the kit were god awfull heavy and I should have replaced them with light fabricated balsa rods .I was not thinking enough at that step .As you know the tail is very long and can get heavy very easily with all that leverage.

Stay tuned

Charlie

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Vintage and old timer models