Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > Heads UP RC discussion
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Heads UP RC discussion Heads up RC discussion and support. Monitored by Heads UP RC.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #51
mumblinaviator
R/C Work and Play

Club: PaxAero
Friends: (4)

I purposefully pick and choose my planes Around what Jeff offers on his site. So far.... it hasn't limited my options at all.

Just another "Thank You" from a dedicated customer
Old 04-12-2009, 04:48 AM   #52
cpmalish

Club: C.A.R.D.S. Lansing MI
Friends: (5)

Hey,jeff my brother and have been using your motors and EEC for awhile now they work very well and your prompt service is excellent and here we go just bought a j3 cub 1/6 scale with 71" wing span green models I think what motor would you suggest planned on using 4cell lipo and I need servos for the alirons in the wing any. Suggestions please thank you in advance. Chris
Old 04-12-2009, 04:51 AM   #53
cpmalish

oops (esc) and welcome to wf
Old 04-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #54
all_up_in_the_air
HeadsUp RC.com

Originally Posted by cpmalish View Post
Hey,jeff my brother and have been using your motors and EEC for awhile now they work very well and your prompt service is excellent and here we go just bought a j3 cub 1/6 scale with 71" wing span green models I think what motor would you suggest planned on using 4cell lipo and I need servos for the alirons in the wing any. Suggestions please thank you in advance. Chris
I'll be happy to give you a power recommendation for the Cub. Please contact me by email at headsuprc@yahoo.com, and let me knowthe approximate weight of the model and the prop size you would like to use. You might want to read through the following two motor listings as well:
3548-07
4248-08

Have a nice day!

Old 04-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #55
cpmalish

ok I'll wait until I get and read through evrything
Old 05-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #56
Scruffy

View Scruffy's Gallery1
Friends: (2)

I put a order into Heads up on a Sat. Monday it was in my mail box. They must be magicians. Now that was FAST!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #57
trmcrft
ONEHANDRC

Club: Chain O Lakes Eagles
Friends: (1)
Default Headsuprc = Customer Service

Not an unfamilier story---- Sent Jeff a question at 10pm but screwed up the email address. Woke up at 2AM during a thunderstorm, checked messages, found my address error, corrected it. Received a reply from Jeff before 6:30AM!!!! So I placed my order. By 6:45AM the order was confirmed and I got a email that the order was shipping today!!! I don't think Jeff sleeps when there's a customer is in need. The total sale was all of $31, Incredible! And no this isn't BS, I'm a WI resident so I have to pay state sales tax, but Jeff makes it worth it.

NOBODY does it like Jeff!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #58
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Yup I can attest to getting answer's from Jeff fast in a e-mail to, needed some advise on a motor selection got a reply the same night. Placed a order tues. evening came home thurs. my order was at the house. I've been really happy dealing with Jeff.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #59
idealhobbies
Super Contributor

Club: C.D.P.A.
Friends: (2)

Jeff must live right next door to the post office! No one...and I mean NO ONE ships faster than Jeff.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #60
Modifier
"Bank and yank"

Club: LCRC, CVRC, AMA since "96".
Friends: (0)

Very fast service and low prices. Thanks Heads up RC.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #61
old grump

Angry Is HEADSUP SLIPPING ?

Still waiting for wing set that was missing from STUNTBIPE when it finally arrived After a long long slow trip around the USA. I ALSO found the push rods were too short. motor mount doesn.t fit motor. ESC don't fit,hole too small . CUT to fit. PAINT still comes off on my pants and shirt AFTER three days . IT also MELTED the blue foam. OH WELL. EVEN though I used ALL the THINGS THEY RECOMENDED. (MOTOR , ESC , BATTERY,PAINT ) OH WELL !! I'M getting too old for this. THE OLD GRUMP
Old 02-27-2012, 02:43 AM   #62
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Did you send Jeff a email about your problem?
I have asked him questions on the weekend and have gotten a response from him the same day.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #63
all_up_in_the_air
HeadsUp RC.com

We've contacted the customer about his complaints. The wings were indeed missing from the kit, but we shipped them within a day of being notified. We were not aware of any other issues until we saw the post above. We'll do our best to resolve his issues.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #64
old grump

Thumbs up stunt bipe wings &other issues

AS i SIT HERE ON MONDAY 2/27 , Still waiting for wingset, got anouther e mail from HEADSUP saying wingset will come TODAY , I hope. As far as other issues ,I solved them my self with parts i had laying around , i have been into RC for over 60 years, so i have many old parts laying around , found an old motor mount that fits the motor,and old push rods that were actually long enought to fit STUNT BIPE . I just wanted to warn you about wrong & missing parts in kits (like wings) and wrong motor mounts, and don,t use the spray paint used in on line instruction video unless you want to melt the grey foam, (i just saw a warning about that the other day ) TOO LATE. I Guess all the problems were caused by the GREAT demand for the STUNT BIPE and the rush to get it on the market. ALSO I now have a neon orange shirt and pants thanks to that paint that never seems to dry. I STILL LOVE THE STUNT BIPE & HEADS UP RC . I WILL MOST LIKELY BUY ANOUTHER ONE FROM YOU AFTER I WEAR OUT THIS ONE. HAPPY FLYING THE OLD GRUMP
Old 02-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #65
bbqflyer

Club: Black Sheep RC Club, Danville, IN
Friends: (7)

For an old grump, you REALLY are an old grump!

That's not flying, that's just falling with style.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #66
stevecooper
Super Contributor

View stevecooper's Gallery86
Club: Mullet Mauroders
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (88)

Old Grumpy one,,(I like your UserName!),I'm glad you got fixed with left-overs,, I've only been areo modeling for 50 years myself,(24 years in RC after CL & FF)
I've been dealing with Jeff sence he was a E-Bay store-front,,,, He's bent-over backwards for me answering my query's and making suggestions for my projects,,
Never saw Jeff get any bad feedback anywhere before,, I'll bet you a dollar to a dought-nut Jeff will put a smile on your face before the weeks out,, I've been look'in at the Stunt-bipe for a knock around plane for my more advanced Kids in my youth flying club I've maintained for 14 years,, Please Post some Pixs for us and a filte review as well!! bubsteve

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	247024_229639150395936_100000495592743_946589_6821036_n.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	157681 The Guys!

Monkey Minion'air
Old 02-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #67
all_up_in_the_air
HeadsUp RC.com

Originally Posted by old grump View Post
AS i SIT HERE ON MONDAY 2/27 , Still waiting for wingset, got anouther e mail from HEADSUP saying wingset will come TODAY , I hope. As far as other issues ,I solved them my self with parts i had laying around , i have been into RC for over 60 years, so i have many old parts laying around , found an old motor mount that fits the motor,and old push rods that were actually long enought to fit STUNT BIPE . I just wanted to warn you about wrong & missing parts in kits (like wings) and wrong motor mounts, and don,t use the spray paint used in on line instruction video unless you want to melt the grey foam, (i just saw a warning about that the other day ) TOO LATE. I Guess all the problems were caused by the GREAT demand for the STUNT BIPE and the rush to get it on the market. ALSO I now have a neon orange shirt and pants thanks to that paint that never seems to dry. I STILL LOVE THE STUNT BIPE & HEADS UP RC . I WILL MOST LIKELY BUY ANOUTHER ONE FROM YOU AFTER I WEAR OUT THIS ONE. HAPPY FLYING THE OLD GRUMP
I think I better address some of the issues that you mentioned, seeing that you brought them up again. I'd rather do this in a private email, but I feel it's important to let custmers know that we are not rushing to ship the Slowbipe with missing parts or improper items included (except for your missing wings ).

1. Missing wings: Yes, a major oversight on our part. We apologized, and shipped the wings the very next day after we were informed.

2. Motor won't fit mount: We've never had a wrong X mount included with one of the Power Up 400 Slofly motors (hundreds have been sold). The factory includes the mount, and they have always fit the motor properly. We HAVE had a few people email to say that they don't fit, but when we suggest rotating the mount 1/4 turn so that the holes line up properly, this has always solved the problem. The mounting holes are spaced 16mm and 19mm across the center of the motor, so the mount has to be in the correct position to fit. If you truly have an X mount that won't fit the motor, then you are the first one that we know of, and we offer our apologies. You are welcome to return the motor and mount to us for inspection, and if something is wrong, we will make it right.

3. ESC not fitting: There is plenty of room to install the ESC in the fuselage, and no "cutting" is necessary at all. The ESC fits above the battery compartment, or in front of the battery compartment. Both spaces have plenty of room for the ESC. The hole on the side of the fuselage is only for routing the motor wires through, and it is not meant to squeeze the ESC through, if that's what you are referring to when you say it was necessry to do some cutting.

4. Push rods: These are manufactured in quantity by SlowBipe Air (the manufacturer) and included with the kits. We have had no other reports of control rods being too short. Perhaps the servos were installed incorrectly, or perhaps you actually got short control rods. You are welcome to return them, and we'll compare the length with the rest of them. Again, we will make it right if they turn out to be shorter than the rest.

5. Paint: The "Short Cut" paints work fine when applied properly. Yes, the foam can be melted if not applied properly. Other "foamsafe" paints can be used, such as waterbased acrylics and Krylon H2O spraypaint.

I hope this helps clear some things up. We appreciate your business.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #68
old grump

Default stunt bipe wings

THE WINGS JUST CAME & IN GOOD SHAPE. NOW I'M HAPPY. AS far as the motor x mount i rotated it to every position , still didn't fit. Found an unused mount that did line up with two holes in motor. Problem solved. As far as the servo push rods .Two were an inch too short. And i did mount the servos (hitec H 55) in proper position with control arms facing down . THE rudder control rod (with the bend in it did fit ok. That paint still comes off Even after having three days to dry. Must have been a bad batch of spray paint. Sorry if i caused any problems for HEADSUP , I still think you have the BEST rc site on the web. I'M just getting too old and GRUMPY . THE OLD GRUMP
Old 03-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #69
old grump

Thumbs up Stunt bipe

Finally the wind in NJ. calmed down and happy to report first flight of the STUNT BIPE was a happy event for the OLD GRUMP! ROG OFF ROUGH GRASS, IT was easy to fly , loops in its own length, never got above half throttle.Had to spin it to get it down. Made a perfect three point landing. Slow and easy is just what these old eyes need,and Stunt bipe was just what i needed to get me out on my electric scooter more often. THANK'S JEFF. THE OLD GRUMP
Old 03-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #70
all_up_in_the_air
HeadsUp RC.com

Originally Posted by old grump View Post
Finally the wind in NJ. calmed down and happy to report first flight of the STUNT BIPE was a happy event for the OLD GRUMP! ROG OFF ROUGH GRASS, IT was easy to fly , loops in its own length, never got above half throttle.Had to spin it to get it down. Made a perfect three point landing. Slow and easy is just what these old eyes need,and Stunt bipe was just what i needed to get me out on my electric scooter more often. THANK'S JEFF. THE OLD GRUMP
You don't sound so grumpy now
Glad you're enjoying the StuntBipe! I hope you have many, many hours of fun with it!
Have a nice weekend.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > Heads UP RC discussion

Tags
heads , rc , wattflyer