Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB Electric Powered RC Planes for sale and wanted in here. Free to buy or sell!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
scoote621

Club: Wingbusters MAC
Friends: (5)
Default Multiplex Twister 70mm EDF unit

Selling a 70mm EDF by multiplex powered by HI-max 2528-3600 motor. Asking $85 dollars. was only used for about 5 flights.

TAE (Toy Aircraft Enthuisist)

My NEW BLOG
http://stevesrcaddiction.wordpress.com/
Old 04-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
saraholt61

Friends: (0)
Default twister

Does the plane include ESC and servos? Any photos?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
scoote621

I think you misunderstood, Selling just the fan unit and motor, no plane, no esc.

My NEW BLOG
Old 04-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Scoote,

Great blog ! After totalling my 50% scratchbuilt,r.o,g, Otto Dieffenbach, inspired vectored rudder thrust F-15 a few weeks ago, I find myself with a Grayson V-2/30 amp esc, and some Htx 9g servos laying around looking for a new home. Do you think this would be a match for a modded-out Titan? I mean, a $10.00 airframe, some free time and ....

Are they on sale at Wal-Mart or Target now? Last summer, I could not find them.

Thanks,

Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 04-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
scoote621

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
Scoote,

Great blog ! After totalling my 50% scratchbuilt,r.o,g, Otto Dieffenbach, inspired vectored rudder thrust F-15 a few weeks ago, I find myself with a Grayson V-2/30 amp esc, and some Htx 9g servos laying around looking for a new home. Do you think this would be a match for a modded-out Titan? I mean, a $10.00 airframe, some free time and ....

Are they on sale at Wal-Mart or Target now? Last summer, I could not find them.

Thanks,

Hawk
Hi Hawk,

Thanks, yes those 9g servos are perfect, i use the 2-56 rods and clevis with dubro nylon control horns super glued to the foam. I have used that same basic motor esc combo and it is a fast little plane for sure. I would guess it was close to 60 mph.

I have seen them at couple local Targets, but not at all of them yet. I would keep your eye open should be very easy to find now.

My NEW BLOG
Old 04-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Thanks much,

I'm going to head down to Target later and take a look. Sold under any particular brand name ? EG Air Hogs? Do you have the link to a build log?

I have plenty to fly right now with the 50mm T-45 Jpowers, HK Radjet, scratchbuilt F4J, Convair Sea Dart & F-22, my old T-28D & Cessna 182, but there's no better reward than to build a good flier on the cheap.

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 04-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
scoote621

Thanks much,

I'm going to head down to Target later and take a look. Sold under any particular brand name ? EG Air Hogs? Do you have the link to a build log?

I have plenty to fly right now with the 50mm T-45 Jpowers, HK Radjet, scratchbuilt F4J, Convair Sea Dart & F-22, my old T-28D & Cessna 182, but there's no better reward than to build a good flier on the cheap.

-Hawk
Check out my pics in my titan gallery on my album page in wattflyer. You are going to want to hollow out the fuselage so that battery can be placed nearly over the cg. cut off about 2 inches of the nose, try to cut in a little down and right thrust angle, mount your motor on a 1/4 inch of basswood with 1 1/4 inch bolts add hot glue to the bolts and wood and press it into the foam and hold til glue sets, then make a bead of glue on the outside of the wood/foam joint. I used my finger to blend it a bit. Make sure you leave the ESC on the outside of the plane for cooling in the summer i have had esc's cut out from getting to hot when i tried to install them internally. I liked using 7 inch long by 1 3/4 inch wide alierons with lots of throw. Elevators are about 6 inches long and 1 1/5 inch wide. You can rig up a rudder with nylon hinges and 5mm depron or just go 3 channel. adding a rudder involved cutting the vertical stabilizer to make a nice straight vertical surface for mounting the hinges. i cut out servo pockets and mount them in as flush to the foam as i can leaving enough room for the arms to move. for the elevator i use 2 servos with a y harness since the elevator is not a single peice. if you don't have a reversed servo you can put the control rod on the top of one servo arm and the bottom of the other, that seems to work just fine or you could try mixing a 5th channel slaving it to the elevator servo...but that may be more complicated than necessary. I use 3m fiberglass reinforced packign tape for the hinges on the elevators and ailerons and around the nose motor mount to help keep it secured to foam. Also make a belly strip of tape for a landing skid. I plan on building one soon I will try to do a good build log and add it to my blog...just need to get the time.

My NEW BLOG
Old 04-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Thanks Scoote,

Great info. I'll look for the build log on your album and updates as you build the next one. Indeed , it gets uber hot here in the summer and your advice to cool the esc by mounting on the outside is a good one.

Best,

Hawk

Old 04-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
scoote621

Thanks Scoote,

Great info. I'll look for the build log on your album and updates as you build the next one. Indeed , it gets uber hot here in the summer and your advice to cool the esc by mounting on the outside is a good one.

Best,

Hawk
Just remember to make it how you envision it, that's the great thing about these everyone has their own style and flair and sharing the ideas you come up with and taking advice from those of us who have done it just helps us all make better conversions in the future.

My NEW BLOG
Old 04-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Scoote,

Now IS the season for Air Hogs.

I know I'm off topic here but just got back from Target where I bought their last 2 Air Hog gliders. Figured I'd have one as a backup or maybe try different configurations. Should be fun. I have everything else I need using recycled parts and pieces from my early retirements.

Cheers,

Hawk

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB