Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-30-2012, 02:21 AM   #26
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Friends: (17)

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
Hey Fish,

If had the money, I'd also get the T-33(T-bird) and the F9F Panther. Father's Day is around the corner. Time to start dropping hints...

Have a basic ground halt this weekend in DFW. Texas Spring winds. Spent some time repairing the squadron. I wonder if you can an AP&P for RC -LOL
Buil the SU-37 and the Air Hogs Titan $10.00 airplane .

Chompin at the bit to get back out there .
Thanks Hawk
I am thinking pretty hard about those planes. I am like you B-day and Fathersday need to drop a lot of hints as well. Out here in Wyoming if the wind is not blowing its a very lucky day or armageddon

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #27
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
For some reason I cannot open videos posted here unless they have You Tube links. Must be a setting somewhere.
Lately I have had the same problem

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #28
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

I still love this plane and it has surpassed all my expectations. I think it is my favorite. You know not to brag here but. I have yet to crash this thing. I probably just jinxed it but she flies so nice and kinda tells you no I don't want to do that. Case in point I wanted to risk a victory roll while having a good time and she just would not do it and I'm think whats up with that when the battery began to die down. Yea it was like she told me "NO Fish I don't have the power to be goofing around right now land me and take me home again all in one piece you dope" LOL

Old 05-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #29
earthsciteach

Friends: (5)

Have you done any mods to make it faster? I know a lot of the SkyAngel 50 mms are flown with 4 cell batteries to increase speed. I tried that with my Mig and she shat the fan blades out the back end! Hobbyking has some really pretty aluminum EDF units...

All of my landings are three point landings if you count the spinner, too
Old 05-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #30
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Not yet. Actually I enjoy its scale flights. She does not fly incredibally fast but it moves very scale and fast enough to do whatever you like. I will however may put a bigger ESC in her and possibily purchase thos HK fans in the near future

Old 07-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #31
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Default A good day

Figured I had not posted on this thread in some time so thought I would show a video of my first attempt at speed runs with the F86. I am really enjoying this plane and Knock on wood I have yet to crash her a true testament to its construction. Thanks to WyomingOutdoors for filming cheering me on and for doing his best to get a Doppler reading. It seemed I could not get close enough to accurate run.
Enjoy

Old 07-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #32
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Saw both the Stinger and the F-86 vids. Looking good Fish ! Looked like both took off on a rail. Not much of a toss needed. 80 mph on the Stinger ? That's pretty darned fast ! Nicely done.

I'm hopeful to get out there today to re-maiden my F-16(yes, Air Force- shhhh) and my Air Hogs bashed twin edf airliner. This addiction is hard to stop. Just received the Durafly DH-88 Comet from HK. Counter-rotating twin with retracts. Someone help me !

Good flying !

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 07-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #33
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Thanks Hawk
What a rush these 2 planes are. I think they are the best EDFs I own. Oh yea I only own these 2

I have to continue to knock on wood. Today I almost wiped out the F86. One of the problems or disadvantages to owning this jet is the silver color scheme. If the sun is in just the right spot you can lose orientation of this plane, it just can turn into one little silver blob in the sky. Today was no different was trying to get her turned around for a speed run. When suddenly the F86 looked like a gray goose going no where. Couldn't tell if she was coming or going. Also became unsure if it was even turning the direction I wanted to get her in. I began to waggle my wings a bit to see if that would help determine which way it was going when suddenly I stalled. My first instinct was to drop power. I know you never drop power in a stall but this time I am kinda glad I did because I suddenly could see yellow of the vertical stab. Goosed it back up and she pulled out of what was quickly going to be her 1st major crash over the parking lot. Phew, wiped my brow and made darn sure that I had only farted and we went back to flying speed runs. She only got to 65 mph and I will take it, I was just glad she lived to fly another day.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #34
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Default What have I done

Well its been a while since I posted in this thread so here is a little update
Decided I would get in touch with my inner Picaso and try one of these upgrades so here is a before and after pick. Yea dont laugh to hard it was my first time and they dont make enough cigarettes for me to get to detailed.

Edit: Just noticed canopy is not straight LOL

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	172584 Before
Click image for larger version

Name:	After.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	172585 After

Old 02-09-2014, 04:23 PM   #35
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Well all weekend has been miserably cold and decided I needed something to do. So I gathered up some old parts from a crashed Stinger 64 MK2 and converted the Jolly Roger from 3s to 4s should be a screamer now. I will try to post a video if I can get one this coming weekend if the weather holds out

Old 02-16-2014, 11:48 PM   #36
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Well maidened "new" Jolly Roger F86 with 4s setup. It flew great and very fast. I was actually really surprised and how well it handled. I kinda thought it would be a brick because it is quite heavy on 4s but non the less it got up and went. I had WyomingOutdoors give it a toss for me and with a slight torque roll it took off like a champ and was quickly to speed. This plane does not turn quite as sharp as the Stinger and it took a minute to get used to but once she was at full speed. She rocked. I unfortunately did not get it on videotape in my excitement to give it a go. I had forgotten it in the truck. Winds were a bit gusty 15-20 mph and I was hesitant to give it a go but I had decided it "either flies or goes home in a box" For anyone who is interested here is the setup
EDF: 64mm with 3500kv Brushless Outrunner
ESC: 40A w/BEC

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets