Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
FlyBri

View FlyBri's Gallery8
Friends: (1)
Default Dynam Peaks 42

I just broke down and ordered this a few minutes ago.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy894...s-red-arf.html

I got the arf version cause I didn't need the radio or the lipo. but for $ I thought why not give it try.

Does anyone here have one of these?

I'll be posting more on it after its get delivered
Old 05-09-2012, 02:24 AM   #2
FlyBri

View FlyBri's Gallery8

The plane arrived today! It was pretty simple to put together.
I'm not real sure on the Landing gear and those little tiny screws to hold them on with being that I fly off grass.... will see how well that works out

here's some pics of her hopefully tomorrow will have ice calm weather and I can do the maiden flight
Old 05-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
FlyBri

View FlyBri's Gallery8

Went out a few minutes ago for the maiden flight 15 mph winds. to my suprise it did taxi on the grass with the stock wheels and wheel pants, however I had just cut the grass really short on the landing strip in the back yard.
The plane flew very well, tracked really good. the wind gusted a few times making a bit bumpy a few times but the plane handled it well. plenty of power. most the flight was at half throtle

will try another flight later this eve.... hopefully the wind will calm down by then..... but so far this one i a keeper !
Old 05-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #4
FlyBri

View FlyBri's Gallery8

i'm the only one on Wattflyer with this plane? lol

got 9 flights on it now & i really like it!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:56 AM   #5
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

You might be but it looks very nice!
Old 05-13-2012, 02:44 AM   #6
FlyBri

View FlyBri's Gallery8

i admit i was a bit concered on getting it because it was so cheap... you know the saying... (you get what you pay for) but with $$$ being tight these days..... anyways I am glad I got this one its MUCH better then i had expected it to be and a lot of fun to fly.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #7
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

I know what you are saying - I am very much of that ilk. Many modelers today seem to question why I would spend more money on some planes. For example I buy Alfa models and folks just rip them for being so expensive. They are but they look wonderful and fly even better.

Mike
Old 05-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
FlyBri

View FlyBri's Gallery8

Your right. I have / had some planes from Sebart, Extreme flight. Precision Aerobatics.. that was simply outstanding quality and performance. there's a big difference from planes like that compared the cheapie models.
this cheap Peaks however seems to be doing really good. it flies very well got lots of power with the stock power system. I did a watt check
0n a 4 cell 30C 2200 lipo
Stock 13x6.5 Prop
583 Watts @ 39 amps
@ 45 once flying weight its got plenty of power. Sport flying with it is pretty smooth. I've put it in some blenders, flat spins, waterfalls, tumbles, elevators, Knife edge spins. hovers no problems performing them. only ODD thing about mine is in knife edge flight with left wing down it pulls to the canopy with right wing down it pulls to the gear.
makes for a sloppy 4point roll lol but i added a bit of mixing to work it out. as there was no way to fix it with CG

all in all for $129 I spent on it ... I'm pretty happy with it.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #9
RCAV8T0R
Feeding the RC Addiction

Friends: (0)
Default You're Not Alone...

Originally Posted by FlyBri View Post
i'm the only one on Wattflyer with this plane? lol

got 9 flights on it now & i really like it!
...I've got this same plane from Nitroplanes. Still learning how to fly this Dynam bird after coming off a much smaller Hobbyking (Art-tech) sttiP/Pitts bipe.

Sounds like you didn't run into any issues with yours. Unfortunately, I've had quite a few of 'em before I even got it in the air. Elevator & horiz stab were/are badly warped right out of the box, elevator control horn ripped out, upper aileron linkages were too short, prop spinner screws were missing, etc. Typical cheapo Rx-R stuff & these aren't isolated instances. Others have experienced most of these same problems also.

I have flown mine three times now using 4S 2200 mAh batteries. I'm starting to learn 3D with this & a profile plane I have. Hard to get it to hover but I haven't tried using my 4S 1800 packs yet. According to NP, it does 3D much better with the lighter packs.

I do like the way it flies, though. Stable yet nimble & can handle a fair amount of wind, one of the reasons besides price that I got it. I'm transitioning from park flyers to the larger birds. Just need more stick time on it & I'm sure all the issues will fade away & I'll end up being more satisfied with the Peaks 42...
Old 05-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #10
FlyBri

View FlyBri's Gallery8

Hey RCAV8TOR, yea I've had no bad issues at all "knock on wood" I did however glue some carbon strips to the rudder and elevator to help keep them from warping, but so far everything else has been holding up very good. even been putting it into some more aggressive maneuvers these last few flights.
think I will go on and cut the ele & rudder control surfaces off and re attach them with CA hinges cause it looks like that "pressed into" the foam hinge may not last much longer.

A buddy of mine got the Dynam p51 mustang, from Nitro Planes it had those same issues yours had
you could really see the lack of quality in that plane
Old 05-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
RCAV8T0R
Feeding the RC Addiction

Default Rx-R (Not) Ready

Originally Posted by FlyBri View Post
Hey RCAV8TOR, yea I've had no bad issues at all "knock on wood" I did however glue some carbon strips to the rudder and elevator to help keep them from warping, but so far everything else has been holding up very good. even been putting it into some more aggressive maneuvers these last few flights.
think I will go on and cut the ele & rudder control surfaces off and re attach them with CA hinges cause it looks like that "pressed into" the foam hinge may not last much longer.

A buddy of mine got the Dynam p51 mustang, from Nitro Planes it had those same issues yours had
you could really see the lack of quality in that plane
FlyBri,
It's a decent plane overall & it sounds like you're having a good run with yours. I like the size of this Dynam bird, kind of in the middle of a park flyer & large electric without the high price tag. I'd be watching the aileron servos since they're only 9G's & they've got to do double duty with two control surfaces a piece. Either larger or higher torque metal gear types, or both, would be the way to go...

I've had plenty of issues with these supposedly Rx-R planes. For the most part & for the amount of money invested they're definitely worth the price of admission. Plus, if something goes wrong & it ends up auguring in, you're not out that much $$$ or time...

Now that I've got mine in good working order I'm going to enjoy it more & fly it more aggressively. Just need to find some spare time to get to the field which isn't always easy...
Old 05-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
FlyBri

View FlyBri's Gallery8

I'm actually watching all 4 servos & got some spares "Hitec" here to put in it if needed. Your right about if something goes wrong your not out much.
My buddy brought his Dynam 1200 mm Mustang p51 over for the maiden flight the other after he fixed the warped tail feathers, raked the retract landing gear forward & replaced the control horns. It flew very well and looked nice up in the air. I was impressed with it being he only paid $95. he said the same thing ........... if something happens and it crashes its not like he's out much $ on it lol
Old 06-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #13
BBCorvette18

I just ordered this plane for my dad and I to enjoy. Hopefully can maiden it before the end of the week. Will have to see how Nitroplanes shipping is. 28 bucks for shipping it should be here in 3 days I would hope
Old 11-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #14
loveracing1988

Hello all, I was hunting with my father on Thansgiving day and happened to stumble upon a rc plane crashed in a swamp. It was frozen in the ice so couldn't get it out until today, I just got it home and I am letting it thaw until I really study it. I was hoping it might be a decent model but of course it was a cheapo model (at least from what I have seen) I found it online so I know how much it is worth and what it in theory is capable of.
My question is, what do I look for when checking this out? I was into rc cars at one point but never planes. I know I need a remote to operate it and more than likely a new battery but what else should I look at/ check? I would like to fly this thing come spring but I also have a baby on the way so I can't quite dump a bunch of money into it.

Thanks!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers