Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #1
TopSpin

Friends: (1)
Default Leaders Hobby Outstanding

Just want to point out the outstanding service I received from Leaders Hobby this week. I ordered two 64mm EDF units, two 35 amp ESC's eight 9 gram servos, and several sets of connectors, wire, prop adaptors and other ods and ends. Their prices are the best I have seen and they have a very good selection of products. Shipping is fast and communications with them is never a problem, they even have a working telephone with an english speaking representative on the line.

Give them a try, you won't be disapointed.

The TRUTH is not always what it seems.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:01 AM   #2
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Topspn,

Thanks for the post. I'll give them a look. In the market for a 64mm DF with 40-50 amp esc. Another Air hogs ($9.95) Titan conversion.

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 05-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #3
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Went to their site and I see they have a lot of things either sold out or wanting a pre-order. The site jumps around alot. Hard to navigate. What they call a RTF is really an ARF. Virtually all of their planes are sold out. The descriptions are very weak as far as what is included. Was looking at the 1300mm Mosquito w/retracts. Indeed good prices though. Too bad nothingi s available. I did find a 64mm DF. Good price.

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 05-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #4
TopSpin

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
Topspn,

Thanks for the post. I'll give them a look. In the market for a 64mm DF with 40-50 amp esc. Another Air hogs ($9.95) Titan conversion.

-Hawk

That's exactly what I'm doing except I'm making mine a twin. I only hope it will have enough power.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:21 AM   #5
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Very cool. Mounting the df's under the wings like a B737 ? Gotta love starting at $9.95 from Target. I can't build my Dollar Tree foamies for that.

I was going to follow SNice's design where he has an F-16 looking lower fuse intake on his Sport Jet. It's over on RCG. Here's the Youtube: http://youtu.be/h5aN49vFdAo

Off topic I know but I just posted an idea I had over on the RCG thread. In looking at the dolphin shaped fuse , it reminded me of the Lockheed "Connie" . Don't know if it's feasible. Whaddya think ? 4 small motors, maybe ~ 500kv ea. Make the nacelles and cowls . Might be a stretch.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:10 AM   #6
TopSpin

Very cool. Mounting the df's under the wings like a B737 ? Gotta love starting at $9.95 from Target. I can't build my Dollar Tree foamies for that.

I was going to follow SNice's design where he has an F-16 looking lower fuse intake on his Sport Jet. It's over on RCG. Here's the Youtube: http://youtu.be/h5aN49vFdAo

Off topic I know but I just posted an idea I had over on the RCG thread. In looking at the dolphin shaped fuse , it reminded me of the Lockheed "Connie" . Don't know if it's feasible. Whaddya think ? 4 small motors, maybe ~ 500kv ea. Make the nacelles and cowls . Might be a stretch.

That is a very cool idea if you can find the wings, my Air Hog has swept back wings and I don't know if I could straighten them without giving up some wingspan.

I would use high KV motors like 2200 KV and 7X6 props but run a large 2S instead of a 3S battery.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
Johi

Default You have been one of the lucky guys

My recommendation:

WARNING!! BEWARE OF THIS SCAMMING COMPANY.

Don't order from leaderhobby. They won't refund you when they cannot deliver their items. You only get meaningless e-mails. I'm now waiting for much more than two week for refunding and reminded them at least every 2nd day. Also don't order from dealmetic.com because this is the same people. If you are interested in more details, write me an e-mail: jvogel@vetphys.uzh.ch
Old 03-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
stevecooper
Super Contributor

View stevecooper's Gallery86
Club: Mullet Mauroders
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (87)

Originally Posted by Johi View Post
My recommendation:

WARNING!! BEWARE OF THIS SCAMMING COMPANY.

Don't order from leaderhobby. They won't refund you when they cannot deliver their items. You only get meaningless e-mails. I'm now waiting for much more than two week for refunding and reminded them at least every 2nd day. Also don't order from dealmetic.com because this is the same people. If you are interested in more details, write me an e-mail: jvogel@vetphys.uzh.ch
Two weeks? not long in the mail-order world
bubsteve

Monkey Minion'air
Old 03-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #9
Johi

two weeks not long for refunding with PayPal??? My payment with PAyPal took two seconds. So why do think this it is normal that refunding of a cancelled order should take longer (how much?) than two weeks??? Are an employee of leadershobby?
Old 03-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #10
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Friends: (17)

two weeks not long for refunding with PayPal??? My payment with PAyPal took two seconds. So why do think this it is normal that refunding of a cancelled order should take longer (how much?) than two weeks??? Are an employee of leadershobby?
Johi,
If I understand your post correctly, it has taken 2 weeks for paypal to refund your account? If so this is not uncommon either. I just cancelled an order with Horizon Hobby due to a delivery that could not be made to AO AP. Long story short my PayPal refund took 3 weeks to complete. I do not have any experience with Leaders Hobby but PayPal has always been excellant with their Customer Support with order cancelations etc. but the processing can take some time. Hope all works out for ya and defintly keep us informed how your situation goes.

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #11
Johi

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
Johi,
If I understand your post correctly, it has taken 2 weeks for paypal to refund your account? If so this is not uncommon either. I just cancelled an order with Horizon Hobby due to a delivery that could not be made to AO AP. Long story short my PayPal refund took 3 weeks to complete. I do not have any experience with Leaders Hobby but PayPal has always been excellant with their Customer Support with order cancelations etc. but the processing can take some time. Hope all works out for ya and defintly keep us informed how your situation goes.
Yet no money since now 19 days on my account. Unfortunately I must add that I wasn't using PayPal so long before and with the waiting game Leaderhobby played with me I passed the 45 days time frame of PayPal sets for opening a dispute. OK I learned it now - this will never happen again! I'll keep you informed how the story will end...
Old 03-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #12
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Club: Arizona WingNutz
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  100mph Speed Demon  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (25)

Johi,

I think you got caught in the time period where Leaders was shutting down. But you should get your refund soon from PayPal like others have said.

It's a shame they closed. I had just started ordering some motors from them for my site. Now that they are closed, I cannot find the same motor anywhere. Now I have to go and look for another replacement once again.

Pat Gagnon

Owner - Nico Hobbies

Your source for micro pusher jets!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #13
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Wow,

Thanks Pat, I wasn't even aware they closed. Bought a few AMP motors from them without issue. Miami Warehouse. I wonder what happened?

Meanwhile, I think I hit the motherlode on Lipos . China Hobby Line: http://chinahobbyline.com/index.asp

Just bought (2) 3S 3700mah 30C' s w/t-plugs for $48.00 shipped. Not bad. Was better than HK and the reviews are favorable.

-Hawk

Old 03-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #14
stevecooper
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

yes I work there as a paid troll who sucks people in and helps them pi$$ off poor unsuspecting RC'er's like yourself ,
I've waited a heck of alot longer than two weeks for queries to be answered or resolved, I post here to help, you seem to just want to complain and stir crap up,, good day Sir,
steve

Monkey Minion'air
Old 03-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #15
Johi

Originally Posted by stevecooper View Post
yes I work there as a paid troll who sucks people in and helps them pi$$ off poor unsuspecting RC'er's like yourself ,
I've waited a heck of alot longer than two weeks for queries to be answered or resolved, I post here to help, you seem to just want to complain and stir crap up,, good day Sir,
steve
WOW! You are really a funny guy! Will see if I really see my money back - I'll let you now. And: surely I want to complain if my money seems to be lost in cyberspace. Still I think more than 2-3 weeks is quite long for refunding...
Old 03-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #16
Johi

Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Johi,

I think you got caught in the time period where Leaders was shutting down. But you should get your refund soon from PayPal like others have said.

It's a shame they closed. I had just started ordering some motors from them for my site. Now that they are closed, I cannot find the same motor anywhere. Now I have to go and look for another replacement once again.
I hope very much that you are right and my money returns one day...
Thanks for your reply!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #17
stevecooper
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

WOW! You are really a funny guy! Will see if I really see my money back - I'll let you now. And: surely I want to complain if my money seems to be lost in cyberspace. Still I think more than 2-3 weeks is quite long for refunding...
And I bet your a good guy who is worried about a refund, Were gonna start over, I was just yank'in your chain ( My Bad), I hope you get this resolved and hope you'll accept my friendship request,
I could be a troll for Heads-up RC but it's a job everyone seems to have around here as their # 1 in service, shipping (2 bucks for 1 or 20 items),and they answer the Phone!!!
Bad service is the worst thing about online buy'in as it's wild-west going's on so nobody knows who to trust,,,,,MS composts USA ripped off 100's of 1000's$ and disappeared (Byran Butts was his name,,No Kidd'in) he was even friends the big wiggs at AMA ( not anymore now that I busted him),
we need to watch out for one another as the rip-offs are making us circle the wagons
bubsteve

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	petty an red 781.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	263.5 KB
ID:	167399 My Dog Bandit!!

Monkey Minion'air
Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #18
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Bubsteve,

I'd troll for Headsuprc anyday. They are simply the best when it comes to customer service and of course, low cost shipping ! I've also had pretty good luck with Value and Grayson but Hurc sets the bar pretty high. Testing China Hobby Line on lipos with an order. Pricing seems too good to be true so we'll see. Order placed yesterday.

-Hawk

Old 03-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #19
Johi

Originally Posted by stevecooper View Post
And I bet your a good guy who is worried about a refund, Were gonna start over, I was just yank'in your chain ( My Bad), I hope you get this resolved and hope you'll accept my friendship request,
I could be a troll for Heads-up RC but it's a job everyone seems to have around here as their # 1 in service, shipping (2 bucks for 1 or 20 items),and they answer the Phone!!!
Bad service is the worst thing about online buy'in as it's wild-west going's on so nobody knows who to trust,,,,,MS composts USA ripped off 100's of 1000's$ and disappeared (Byran Butts was his name,,No Kidd'in) he was even friends the big wiggs at AMA ( not anymore now that I busted him),
we need to watch out for one another as the rip-offs are making us circle the wagons
bubsteve
Of course I'm a GOOD GUY and your friendship is surely welcome! Thank you very much for that. As you seem to have good skills to fight swindlers you are extremely valuable for our RC "family" Keep at it!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #20
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Well?
Off to good start with China Hobby Line. Ordreed (2) 3S 3700mah 30C's on the 25th and they showed up today. $48.00 including shipping. As a bonus, they included 4 double a's. Why? I don't know. I like the size. 140mm long x 40mm wide by only 20mm thick. Came well packaged in a USPS priorty mail shipper. Deans connectors attached.

Now to test.... Hopefully this weekend.

Happy Easter y'all !

-Hawk

Old 04-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #21
TopSpin

I was really sorry to see Leaders go under they had great deals on motors and ESC's. I have seen the EMP mtors at Headsup RC and the prices are still not bad plus the shipping is cheap. So Headsup is my new go to hobby store now, good prices and real customer service.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #22
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Top,

+1 on Headsuprc. They are the best in so many ways. My new best friend for Lipos is China Hobby Line. With a US Warehouse, shipping is cheap but the product is great too. Ran some new 3700mah 3S 30C this weekend. Great !

-Hawk

Old 04-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #23
TopSpin

Top,

+1 on Headsuprc. They are the best in so many ways. My new best friend for Lipos is China Hobby Line. With a US Warehouse, shipping is cheap but the product is great too. Ran some new 3700mah 3S 30C this weekend. Great !

-Hawk
Thanks for the info on China Battery, I'll have to give them a try.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #24
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (13)

whats up with leaders still having a web site,if you go to it they are selling a 2cell 1500mah 15c for a very cheap $124 dollars!another 2 cell for $153. the helie next to it for $305, way to much....

are they closed down or hanging on. over all prices are high so i guess they'll be shuting down.

Product# 9394001227651
Weight 100g Stock under 10
Our Price: $ 132.34

Product# 9394001227650
Weight 90g Stock 10+
Our Price: $ 127.00

Product# 9394001226727
Weight 80g Stock 10+
Our Price: $ 131.85

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #25
TopSpin

Yeah but those are like the worlds finest batteries. Honestly I don't know what their deal is, I sent them an email and they wrote back and told me to go ahead and order what I want and they would adjust the price.

I'm like say what??? Tell you what, adjust the price and then I'll decide if I want to buy it or not. I think they are down for the count.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions