Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Micro Sized Electric Helicopters Discuss micro and mini sized electric rc helis in here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
Huey
NOOBIE

Friends: (0)
Default CP Pro 2 Help

I kind of got myself in over my head when purchasing my CP Pro 2 Heli.
I am fairly new to the sport; I would call myself an intermediate flyer with experience with the cx models and msr model. All though I can fly both models very well, the cp seems to be intimidating to me making it difficult to fly. Seem to be very unstable for me.

Is there anything I can do to the cp to make it more stable and just a tad easier to fly?

i am only into sport flying. i have not reached the 3D flying realm as of yet!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
tampaflyer
to the skies of tampa

View tampaflyer's Gallery7
Club: trac
Friends: (7)

put it on a better radio.. dx61.. something you can program dual rates or expo. and manipulate the pitch cure.
you can add wheel collars to the flybar towards the paddle.. out more stable.. in less stable.

the heli is also really unstable inits own rotor wash.. if you get it up about 4 ft.. it usually not to bad.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
Huey
NOOBIE

Thank you for your input, I am able to fly the heli around in decent wind conditions, but it is still very unstable. I will try the DX6i and see what I can do with it. There are already weights on the flybar at the ends, one at each end. Could I put more on there, if so how many are suitable?
Old 05-09-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
tampaflyer
to the skies of tampa

View tampaflyer's Gallery7
Club: trac
Friends: (7)

problems are, its a small , light weight helicopter. that was intended for 3d flight.
by redoing the pitch curve you can fine tune to your liking, and the faster the head speed the quicker it responds to input, but too slow and it sluggish to inputs.

it the head really loose? like the spindle in the head moves alot? could the orings(head dampners) be damaged , worn?
you can tighten it up by adding those tiny washers between the head and the grip.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:41 AM   #5
Huey
NOOBIE

Thank you for all your input on this subject. The pieces may be worn or damaged. I will check those parts and possibly replace or add some... what do you think of the aluminum upgrades?
Thank you again and I will update shortly.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters