Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Electric Airplanes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Electric Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
Stevephoon

View Stevephoon's Gallery67
Club: United Flying Organization
Friends: (7)
Post What do you do at local club events?

So, what does everyone do at local club events that you enjoy? I am rather new to the RC world and I'm finally adventuring out from my local school (where I fly my smaller planes) and my local club (where I fly my larger planes.) I have participated at my own club's open events, but all we do is invite people from other clubs to fly. We do fire up the grills and offer food, sit around and talk RC, but that’s about it.

I’d like to spice up our club’s open events so I’d like to know what you do or have seen at local club events that you find interesting. I plan on going to a couple of local all electric events near me and seeing what they do. I thought I’d document the event with a few pictures, descriptions and some impressions of what I found interesting. I think if more people do this, then we can all benefit from some cool things that others are doing.

Steve

Growing the fleet!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
firemanbill
Community Moderator

View firemanbill's Gallery67
Club: Newport News Park R/C Club
Awards Showcase

125mph Speed Demon  100mph Speed Demon  2kW  4kW 
Friends: (63)

We do different events at various fly ins. Most of the time it's just normal open flying and cooking out and stuff like you mention though.

Some of the events we do are foamie combat, that is always a big hit.. (pun intended)

There is all kinds of things you can do from Pylon racing to timed flight type events. Be creative and have fun

2012 SEFF Night Bowling Champion!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

Open flying, good food and chatting with friends. Just as simple as that.

Try not to close the flightline much for anything. Some of us actually come to fly - not watch other people demo ...

Agree if you have enough participants for a competition event or fun event by all means do it! First up last down and such.

Mike
Old 06-05-2012, 01:32 AM   #4
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

Mostly it's like you said, food and fun and pretty much open flying and fun. I think for some heli events we did actually pay some pilots to come and perform. Our club also usually rounds up some goodies from our generous LHS's and other sponsors and have pilot raffles.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Electric Airplanes