Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
jeepster43
jeepster43

Club: oldington model f/c
Send a message via Skype™ to jeepster43
Friends: (0)
Default Funjet Issues

any one got any idea why a funjet is real soggy on the stick low speed and real twitchchy at speed, please help
Old 06-26-2012, 01:20 AM   #2
pattern14
Super Contributor

Friends: (8)
Default some fine tuning helps

Originally Posted by jeepster43 View Post
any one got any idea why a funjet is real soggy on the stick low speed and real twitchchy at speed, please help
Hi Jeepster; one of the reasons I never bothered with another funjet, after destroying it, was for similar reasons. I suspected the design is geared towards the higher speed end of the spectrum, so it is a matter of compromise. Low speed response suffers accordingly. I did tone mine down by reducing throws etc, which made it OK at speed, but it had to be flown fairly quickly to get the best out of it. Guess you can't have everything Same hassle with the stryker ( which I did not bother with again either), and they were both hopeless for combat and high winds, as well as being somewhat breakable. At least the funjet did not try and cut your fingers off on handlaunch like the pz plane did. You can experiment with your Tx as well to fine tune the responses, and change the COG slightly to lessen the twitchyness at speed. Altering the airframe or control surfaces can be disasterous if not done very carefully, and in increments. The funjet has got some potential, and a number of people have had good runs out of them, and I recall reading some good info on R/C groups a couple of years back. Either way, make the most of it cheers
Old 06-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
jeepster43
jeepster43

Thank you so much for your reply, this thing was like a bucking bronco from the off and had to use max throws (manuf setts) to control it and when it speeded up it was a real handful I thought it was c of g out, have been building models for 35yrs and this was the worst yet at least I know now I aint lost the touch
Old 06-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Club: Arizona Model Aviators
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  100mph Speed Demon  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (27)

Just an FYI, I split these posts off into a new thread. The other thread is strictly to talk about the forum itself, not specific models or issues.

Thanks!

Pat Gagnon

Owner - Nico Hobbies

Your source for micro pusher jets!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
r_kopka
Electric Only

Awards Showcase

2kW  1kW  Globetrotter Pilot 

Originally Posted by jeepster43 View Post
Who is interested in a Funjet a low speed :-)

It is easy to start and to land (even with higher weight). The rest of the time the throttle is at max.
I have quite high throws to get high roll rates. But with careful movements it is very smooth to fly.

RK
Old 06-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
jeepster43
jeepster43

Default funjet low speed

I see your point, I didn`t get it to fly and rarely ever do fly slow, most every thing I got is fairly quick. it was just a thought that someone may have a thought on how to smooth out the stick movements on landing and takeoff, hence (slow speed handling) perhaps it is just the characteristics of this configuration I am not used to. so down to me then
Old 06-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
Old Fart
Lost at LAX

Friends: (6)

As one of the others said, it's not a plane designed to fly slow. I'm on #3, severly "detuned" from it's predecessors. Mega 16/25/3, 7x5 on 4S (which is a lot tamer than #2 was, same motor with 5.5x5 on 6S)

Toss the plane at partial throttle, advance throttle SMOOTHLY until you get some altitude then gave fun

Jeff/LAX
(don't panic - I don't land the planes)
(but I've been known to lie.....)
Old 06-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
jeepster43
jeepster43

Default sorted funjet ultra

thanks to all you guys for your help took a look at all your posts and made some mods. I don`t know if suits all but I halved the throws at speed and left the ailerons alone and it flies like a dream now, waiting to find a speed gun now but well, well over 100mph and rock solid and enough to clear the sky of all but the brave , setup is het 2w 20 70amp esc and a 2200 4s 4.75 x 4.75 apc electric prop if anyone interested, will be going to play again soon and put some more throw in to tighten turns in a bit, so all said and done it was all my fault and just down to fine tunin, thanks to all

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets