Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #26
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Club: Somerset Signal Senders & GCA
Awards Showcase

1kW 
Friends: (10)

Yup. Just ordered another four 4s 2200mAh 40C Zippies. I pulled 65A out of my 3000mAh 20C zippies last weekend without them even getting warm.

AMA #959089
Old 06-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #27
spad

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by NJSwede View Post
Whatever you're smoking, Spad, I want some!
I reckon whatever you are on, I don't want any of it!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #28
spad

Originally Posted by stuart View Post
now we'er talkin..............lol

edit:njs,ya gotta stay on topic,

......zippies...good batts.

spad if you can see her coming you must be in the alley again.....run spad ...run!!
Oh, false alarm, just some circus clown with a dog.... Uber alles and all that, you know.

I've had fantastic success with GensAce batteries, and though I've never had a warranty claim, the seller is always responsive to e mails.

Confuse Us say, "Woman run faster with skirt on than man with pants down."
Old 06-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #29
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Awards Showcase

1kW 

Originally Posted by spad View Post
I reckon whatever you are on, I don't want any of it!
Right now I'm high on life, love and a very small glass of white wine. Highly recommended! It may make you less inclined to go off on rants against online hobby stores!

AMA #959089
Old 06-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #30
spad

Right now I'm high on life, love and a very small glass of white wine. Highly recommended! It may make you less inclined to go off on rants against online hobby stores!
It seems to affect you in an odd way: you become intolerant of other's divergent views, impute false beliefs, place others in a false light and make misleading statements about other's fair comments, i.e., using pejorative terms like "rant" to cloak a personal attack.

Man, that's certainly a fine wine and a fine life-you are doing just fine for an oenophile!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #31
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Awards Showcase

1kW 

Originally Posted by spad View Post
It seems to affect you in an odd way: you become intolerant of other's divergent views, impute false beliefs, place others in a false light and make misleading statements about other's fair comments, i.e., using pejorative terms like "rant" to cloak a personal attack.

Man, that's certainly a fine wine and a fine life-you are doing just fine for an oenophile!
Welcome to my ignore list!

AMA #959089
Old 06-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #32
spad

Please accept my most sincere thanks.

Now, back to the OP's question and cognate matters.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:28 AM   #33
gramps2161
Community Moderator

View gramps2161's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

All right gents funny reading, but I don't think this is what the OP intended from his question, and he certainly didn't ask what people think of HK.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:40 AM   #34
spad

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
All right gents funny reading, but I don't think this is what the OP intended from his question, and he certainly didn't ask what people think of HK.
It's a fair inference from what he did ask or say.

If you found the posts humorous, as THEY WERE CLEARLY INTENDED, why the PM to the contrary?

I'm just sayin....
Old 06-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #35
RobWoodall

Thanks, Gramps!

I knew that asking for people's opinions was at least potentially dangerous, but I'm surprised at the intensity of feeling being shown! Surprised enough that I'm kind of regretting my original post, as I don't want my name associated with with the discord.

I think that it's easy to forget that we are full-grown adults playing with TOY AIRPLANES! There shouldn't be much need for any significant conflict...

Well... unless you are playing with my toy and won't give it back and it's my turn and you're a meany and I'm gonna tell my mommy

"I played around with the center of gravity and it crashed much better!"
Old 06-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #36
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Awards Showcase

1kW 

Discussing HobbyKing *ALWAYS* results in very... ehm... spirited threads.

Bottom line: Be an educated consumer. Know the risks. Stay informed to avoid the pitfalls. If that's not your cup of tea, shop somewhere else.

Over and out.

AMA #959089
Old 06-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #37
gramps2161
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by RobWoodall View Post
Thanks, Gramps!

I knew that asking for people's opinions was at least potentially dangerous, but I'm surprised at the intensity of feeling being shown! Surprised enough that I'm kind of regretting my original post, as I don't want my name associated with with the discord.

I think that it's easy to forget that we are full-grown adults playing with TOY AIRPLANES! There shouldn't be much need for any significant conflict...

Well... unless you are playing with my toy and won't give it back and it's my turn and you're a meany and I'm gonna tell my mommy
No problem it only takes one to stir up a hornets nest. At least you now know never to order when it shows out of stock.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #38
startazz

Friends: (2)

I've been on a few threads now some good some bad as far as HK goes and because i've told people where i stand as far as HK goes i've been called all sorts of names indirectly.

Which does remind me of the school play ground too,but i still defend Hobbyking at any chance i get,for the simple fact is that i've never had course to be up-set with them for any reason what so ever,i've been shopping with them for about 4/5 years now,if it wasn't for them and there good prices i doubt i'd still be in this hobby,as my pockets seem to be getting smaller or is it the prices seem to be high from my LHS or other online stores.
You will always get someone who has a problem with a company for what ever reason,plus you will see more people complaining about a company than you will see people who are happy with the same company,because the happy customers are out enjoying there goods and don't see the point in telling the world.
Thats where i differ from the norm and i will tell people i'm happy with any company,if that up-set some people so be it,we should all learn to just share what we know in this hobby good or bad and learn to all get along,now wouldn't that be nice if life was that simple.

@ Rob as far as back order goes i've never used it so i can't say much about that,so how did you get on did you just leave it on back order and are waiting? let us all know what happens or if there is any updates please.

A few weeks ago i saw a HK twitter feed saying they have just trained a bunch of new staff for there CS department,by the looks of the HK website it must be up and running now because it now shows a new sign (top right) saying 24 hour support center.

I stand by HK 100% just in case your not sure.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #39
RobWoodall

Yeah, I agree, Startazz, with everything you said.

I've been very pleased with HobbyKing. They are a good place to get great bargains with minimal support. I started off buying from Tower and Horizon, because they have excellent descriptions, and good recommendations as to what goes with what. HobbyKing tends to just list the items, and leave it to the buyer to figure out what he needs. Now that I'm more experienced, I feel fine ordering from them, and have been pleased overall. I just try not to expect $400 dollar quality for $150 bucks!

For now, I've left my plane on backorder. I've paid the credit card, so it's not hurting me. I'll just wait until it comes in, then post a review.

"I played around with the center of gravity and it crashed much better!"
Old 06-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #40
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Awards Showcase

1kW 

Yup. Just ordered another four 4s 2200mAh 40C Zippies. I pulled 65A out of my 3000mAh 20C zippies last weekend without them even getting warm.
Took them for a spin today and they held up pretty well. Ran them in my HK Slick with a Turnigy SK3 3548 700kv. I pulled 665W @ 42A, which comes out to 15.8V. My batteries measured 16.7V without load when they came off the charger, so that's a voltage drop of 0.9V on full blast. This comes out to a total power system resistance of 21mOhm. at least half of that can probably be attributed to losses outside the batteries. The battery was barely warm (hard to tell on a 95F day) and the motor and ESC were slightly warm, maybe 140F or something like that.

Probably not something the pros would use, but it works for me. 665W happens to be exactly what the motor is rated for, so I'm happy with that!

I measured 15.6V when I came down after 5 minutes, so I assume I have enough for about 7.5 minutes in these packs.

Unfortunately I didn't have access to a charger that could measure battery resistance, but since my 3000mAh have a similar voltage drop and measure 6mOhm, I'm assuming I'm somewhere in the same range as these.

AMA #959089
Old 06-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #41
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Swede,

Are they still shipping Lipos from the International site? I like the Zippys also but the new USPS ruling puts a damper on getting them via mail. Did you opt for UPS or FedEx?

I think they are better than the over rated Nanotechs.

I'm awaiting shipment of the Durafly DH-88 Comet racer. Took a flyer on it before the reviews came out but Durafly has gained a pretty good reputation in the last year. Alot of bang for the buck/euro so to speak.

Just wish I didn't have to pay $60 to ship the dang stuff.

-Hawk

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 06-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #42
gramps2161
Community Moderator

Batteries can be shipped into the country just not out of the country, so order away.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #43
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Awards Showcase

1kW 

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
Swede,

Are they still shipping Lipos from the International site? I like the Zippys also but the new USPS ruling puts a damper on getting them via mail. Did you opt for UPS or FedEx?
I got them from the US warehouse. Shipping was only a few bucks for five batteries.

AMA #959089
Old 06-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #44
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Thanks guys for clearing my confusion. I thought the USPS would not handle them anymore period.

Do you know if HK lets you add to an existing order that has not yet shipped? I have a pending order with them but I can tell it;s still being processed so I was hoping to add a Zippy or two.

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions