Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Micro Sized Electric Helicopters Discuss micro and mini sized electric rc helis in here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
microflight

Friends: (0)
Default Blade MQX as a first Heli.

Im thinking about buying the Blade mqx as a first helicopter, once i fet confortble i was going to try getting some arial footage and maybe some easy low end fpv because of the weight.

Any suggestions about having it as a first time or FPV on it?

Thanks
Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
startazz

Friends: (2)

Isn't the Blade MQX a quadcopter?

I would of thought an MCX or the MCX2 would of been better just so you can get use to how a little heli fly then go over to a MQX,E-flite does say if you can fly the little coaxial helis then you should be able to go to the MQX,still i can't see them being that hard to fly but it's all down to how good you are i guess.

Try flying them on a RC flight sim first and see how they feel,plus if your thinking of doing FPV you might want to go a little bigger so it can carry more weight,you can get some really good kits out there and there are some really good threads on how to build them over on rcgroups.

I'll leave you a link to the one you might want to try that is a BnF version and there Kits.

Good luck and i hope you get what you want no matter where or who from.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Quad_PNP_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ames_Kits.html
Old 07-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
microflight

Thanks, i have a little experience with small little 30 dollar rc helicopters from wallmart that were 3 channel, i dont know if it is different though because the blade mqx is 4. i also have flown on simulaters but again its not like the real thing i guess.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
startazz

At least you have some flight time on 3ch which is better than nothing but as you must know 4ch is another ball game but you should be good,i'll leave another link to a flightest video on Youtube,they have a few good videos that might help you out a bit,plus they even show you how to build your own quad/H copter at a real good price too,this video has a quad/H copter for FPV so it's just what you want,but like i said before the MXQ is to small for FPV really unless you know what your ding and can use all the micro gear,which can sometimes be a bit hard to work out.

If you do watch the video and like it and want to build your own quadcopter look at the far right of the page and go down a little and you can see there build video of it,hope this helps a little.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:57 AM   #5
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam

microflight....

Startazz makes some very good points about experince and quad size........Quads are very twitchy and need to be set-up-balanced, and power distrubution perfect to fly correctly. The smaller thay are the less lift power thay have and the more difficult to control.

If you intend to get serious, you'll be spending quite a bit of $$$$ to get a decent sized one to fit a FPV set-up and even more $$$ in repairs if you don't get at least some real air time on a 4ch fixed pitch heli first...A CCP heli would be better for adaptable skills. To my knowledge, there are few if any SIM trainers that represent quads realistically.................just a little knowledgeable background for ya!
Old 07-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
microflight

thanks ill look into building my own! i always thought it would be to hard for me but with the video i guess it cant be to hard. the wood construction should also make the vibrations less for FPV if im not mistaken.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
startazz

Yeah building your own is the way to go IMO and you will save quite a good bit also,flitetest has some really good videos on how to setup the Hobbyking board for that quad,plus there are quite a few good build threads on the forums,all you have to do is google the quad board you want to build with and all the info is out there,rcgroups has loads of great build threads.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters