Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
ollie10

Friends: (0)
Default blade 450

got a problem with my 450 , suddenly it will only start to hover when throttle is at 3/4 , then not much after that , how can I get it to start sooner , tx set at factory esttings. checked all parts on heli seems ok ..
Old 01-10-2013, 02:49 AM   #2
Kalashluvr

Default blade 450

You might have a pitch problem, as in you are at negative pitch when your throttle is at half stick, so you are having to get to 60-70% before you even get any positive pitch in the blades. Unplug the motor or make sure throttle hold is on and get down where you are eyeballing the blades. Move stick to half throttle and see if the pitch is even. If its Negative you need to adjust the servo linkages to lengthen them until its level at 50% stick. If in fact it's already at zero pitch you probably need to check your transmitter pitch curve settings and make sure you have a little more pitch than what's in the manual at each point. It will hit the ground pretty hard at half stick with the recommended settings in the manual so you to add a little pitch in the low part if the curve.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
ollie10

Default blade 450

just checked it all over again and still the same as before , will try and adjust the curve settings, as you suggested,,,I think that I have looked at this problem about 2o times might have to pay my local hobbie shop to see if they can fix it , thanks anyway ..
Old 01-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
zeta30
Team Mulikow

There are quite a few things that can cause this:

1. Head speed is reduced for some reason. (a few things can cause this issue as well).
2. Blade pitch is wonky. The blade pitch should be at 0 when you are at mid stick.

When ever you have an issue always think about when the last time it flew correctly and ask myself what has changed since then? Did I have a crash and during repairs not get something right? Did I accidentally, or on purpose, change a setting in the radio?

If you don't' have a pitch gauge you should really get one, they are very important tools to have. In the mean time an easy way to check your pitch at mid stick, like Kalashluvr said, unplug the motor so it won't spool up and plug in a battery. Fold both blades back so they are parallel to the boom. put your throttle at mid stick. The blades should be even with each other. If not then you don't have 0 pitch.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Club: Central Delaware Parkflyers Association
Awards Showcase

1kW 
Friends: (13)

Its best to verify proper mechanical set up. Then move on to TX settings.

A.M.A Park Pilot Partner / Wattflyer Mentor
Old 01-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
ollie10

I have looked at this video at least 10 times thinking am I doing it the same , I think so but being new to heli, some of the terms I dont know , will look at again , and see what is different , all the settings are the same as the manual. thanks again
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
ollie10

had a look again at everything it all looks correct but to someone new to heli I might take to my local hobbie shop and see if they can find the fault . thanks again

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk