Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)
Default Another Easytiger victim

Well, another victim of Easytiger models here. I'll just cut&paste what I filed with the BBB. I know, it's a powerless organization, but just wanted it out there for people to read.
On 05-24-12 I placed an order for an RC model aircraft which the companies website claimed "We are down to the very last few of these, there will be no more. Shipping time is about two weeks." This implies thay have them in stock. On 05-25-12 I received confirmation of my order. On my next credit card billing statement, I saw that my CC was also charged for the total amount of $223.
After a month, I had not heard anything from them, so I sent an e-mail asking about the status of my order on 06-26-12. I got a response that day: "Sorry about the delays, these are due in later this week..."
A few days go by with no word, so on 06-30-12 I send an e-mail requesting an update and expressing my dissatisfaction with the misleading information on their website and the lack of continuing communication. I asked if they physically have them in stock yet, and if not to just refund my money and inform me when they do get them in stock. I gave them a deadline of Monday (07-02-12) to reply.
Monday afternoon came and I still had no response before I had to leave for work, so I sent another e-mail saying if there was no e-mail from tham when I got back from work, I would start a fraud claim with my CC company.
That night I did have a response. "Sorry, we are out of the office today. According to tracking, these
cleared customs today and should be delivered tomorrow. Do you want to
wait, or do you want a refund? Either way is ok.
All the best
Curtis"
I had enough already, I couldn't believe anything they told me any more, and requested a refund on 07-03-12. I did not receive any response to that e-mail.
On 07-16-12, I checked with my CC and no credit or refund had been issued yet, so I sent another e-mail stating I expect to verify the refund had been issued with my CC by noon on 7-17-12, or I start the fraud claim process.
Their reply was: "We did attempt to refund your card when you asked last week. We are unable to, due to the transaction being over 30 days.
We can send you a money order today, will give you a tracking number later in the day when it is sent.
Thanks
ETM"
So I called my CC and checked if the 30 day limit was true. They said a vendor or business can issue a credit at any time, and they suggested I just start the fraud claim immediately, which I did.
I have not received the tracking number of their money order yet, as of 07-18-12, 4:30 PM west coast time.
This morning I got an e-mail from them (A week after they said they are mailing a money order, which I NEVER requested...) stating my order status has changed from pending to chargeback.

I replied, pretty much saying not to bother sending the money order since my CC already credited me the money. Of course I expressed some displeasure at the whole business. Here's the response I got:
According to our cc processor, you had already done a chargeback, while
simultaneously asking for a money order.
Our processor does not allow a refund beyond thirty days. Others may be
different.
We did also check, when you ordered the b70, there was a very clear
message in the listing that the planes were not in stock and were on
order. You simply missed it.
Everyone else who ordered one had received theirs.
Thanks
Etm
Once again, I NEVER requested a money order, so they're trying to shift the story like I'm trying to extort money from them or something. Also, why did they not contact me sooner when they saw they couldn't do a chargeback? And of course, not that I wanted it, but I never got that money order tracking number, or a money order or anything from them in the mail. And if I did, being an honest person, I would have contacted them and ask if they want it mailed back or shredded.

Then there's the part about the 'clear message' that the plane is not in stock. Here's the text right off their site:
XB-70 Valkyrie with retracts

$289.00

Once again, we bust the barriers...it sports a single 70mm fan and outrunner blowing through a sexfircated exhaust. The mechanical retracts work perfectly. It assembles in just a few minutes, comes in plug and play form, with all electronics installed, 45a ESC, 5a BEC, all servos, etc. Uses a 2200 4s battery, and there is room for larger. Flight times are good with 2200. The plane has plenty of power and speed, and it's very stable, easy to fly and land. Length:1300mm/ 51 in Wingspan:800mm Flying weight:830g Motor:2750KV brushless motor Thrust:≥900g Battery:2200mAh / 14.8 V 20 C Li-poly ESC:45A requires 5 channels We are down to the very last few of these, there will be no more. Shipping time is about two weeks.
See for yourself. Go to their site and look under the 70mm EDF's. At least until they find me posting this and change it!

I've searched and seen others that apparently got stuff from them. I wonder how their transactions went? I wonder if to ETM, a good customer just sends their money to them and just shuts up and waits. And waits. And waits. Even if they were led to believe a certain shipping date, like within 2 weeks.

Perhaps they just f with people who raise the smallest concern? Kind of seems like it. Maybe their customer service person has anger issues? (That could make a good sitcom.) It would be great to hear from satisfied customers of ETM (Who are not personal friends with them) or better, if there's anyone out there who had a problem and ETM worked to resolve it. Anyone?

Apologies for the long post! (Edit: And just to be clear, that text from their XB-70 page ALWAYS said 2 weeks on it. I'm sure. Just part of their diversion tactics.)
Old 07-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,190 Times in 2,096 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (317)

Glad you got a Refund on your CC, Dont you just Hate it when people give you the run around, Just Stay away from Known Bad Jobbers, Glad you warned others too, Drink a 6 Pack of Beer and wash the beer down with some BBQ ribs and you will forget the Whole thing Happened LOL Take care and have fun, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 07-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Awards Showcase

Thanks for the support Chellie, and glad to see you're still lurking around here!

Yes, the CC is a lifesaver. Unfortunately, after this whole thing started unfolding, I've read stories of others who have not been so lucky.

Interestingly enough, I checked the XB-70 on their site again after I posted last night, and noticed the sale price of $199 is gone, and it went back up to $289. Does that come with a... uhhhh.... (keep it clean, xmech!) with a tx, battery, and charger? Now this morning it's on sale again but at like $230. Why the sudden price movement? Perhaps they go with the 'even bad advertising is good advertising' theory?

And I'm not '6 pack' bummed! I consider myself very fortunate in these days of layoffs and such. I'm finishing the F-35 I got for my son. (Mostly!) I've been enjoying my new UMX MiG-15, which I wasn't going to get, but I just happened to be at the LHS for some props, and there they were lined up on the counter, fresh off the truck. Couldn't resist! And there's still 2 P-51 projects, Strega & Voodoo. AND, the Hobbyking F-104 Starfighter still in the box. (That showed up from their overseas warehouse ONE WEEK from ordering! And I chose the cheapest shipping option!) And the Phase3 EF-16, waiting for the electronics from the next 64mm EDF I crash. The only reason I went for the XB-70 was I thought it was my last chance at one. But there are other options. Like:
http://www.dynamicfoamy.com/XB70.html

I gave them a chance. Live & learn!

Blue skies!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Awards Showcase

LOL! You couldn't write comedy better than this!

LOL! Just got another e-mail from ETM:

We received a shipment yesterday, on board were four extra B-70's, we did
not expect that! We also had one cancellation of last month's B-70 orders,
so we have a total of five here in stock in our New York warehouse, ready
for immediate shipment. First come, first serve, we should expect them to
be gone within a day, and we are offering them at a cheap price, too:
http://easytigermodels.com/index.php...roducts_id=139
US sales only, please...
All the best
ETM
This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you
feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to
info@easytigermodels.com
This e-mail is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect
01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored
and respected.

LOL! Anyone who get's one of these, you're welcome.

Funny how yesterday's e-mail told me everyone else who ordered one received theirs, and now they just received them yesterday. Either these people are outright liars or VERY bad communicators.

If you want to deal with a company that doesn't bother telling you what you ordered was backordered, charges your credit card 2 months before they get it back in stock, and lies to you repeatedly about when they will arrive, THEN makes up lies that you the customer was trying to stel from them, and that you just didn't notice the product said backordered on the site (I specifically paid attention to whether this item was in stock since they were out of stock everywhere I looked) here's a winner!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions