Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
thegreat

Friends: (0)
Default OKHOBBY.COM Bad Experience

Hello,

I have ordered Infinite H2221-4240 Brushless motor from OKHOBBY.

I have some problem about motor.

I have mailed to the customer service and waiting for their reply.

EDIT: Issue solved. Thanks everyone and OKHOBBY
Old 05-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

Thegreat - I suspect your motor is just fine. Here is what I would try to do.

Re-solder ALL the connectors on your motor, then use bullet type connectors, not alligator clips while the motor is mounted to re-conduct your test.

I suspect you have a poor connection, not a bad motor.

By the way I have found OK hobby to be very responsive and good about helping you out! So even if you do have a bad motor they will work with you to resolve that. I have several of their motors, and really like them!

Mike
Old 05-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
OKHOBBY.HK

Default Reply to defect motor from okhobby.com

Originally Posted by thegreat View Post
Hello,

I have ordered Infinite H2221-4240 Brushless motor from OKHOBBY.

The motor did never run, it only tickles but not turns.

I have captured a video about that.

No response from OKHOBBY yet. No costumer service, no support. My money burned

Do NOT buy from OKHOBBY.COM, dont burn your money.
Dear thegreat,

I am Nancy from OKHOBBY TEAM.
I have sent PM to you via WATTFLYER but havenít got your reply yet.

We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused. We tested the rest MT-00148-INFINITE H2221-4240 motors in our warehouse with our INFINITE 40A-BEC and INFINITE 40A-OPTO as soon as we read your complaint, however, we didnít found any problem with it.

We also checked all the customers referred to this item but canít make sure which email address is yours. At the same time, our company have sent email to all the customers who bought this item from us to get the feedback about this INFINITE H2221-4240.

Please contact us via cs@okhobby.com and do believe we will handle your case seriously. If it is confirmed that our INFINITE motors have serious qualtiy problem, we will stop selling them until we confirm the quality is ok.

At the same time, if other customers have any suggestions or thoughts about INFINITE motors, please feel free to send email to cs@okhobby.com (Concerning to quantities of emails referred to kinds of inquiries, we may not be able to reply to your email within 24 hours but please believe we take each email inquiry seriously and try our best to reply within 48 hours.)

Regards,
Nancy
OKHOBBY TEAM

Best Price for RC Stuff
Old 05-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
TylerJCooper

Club: Attempted to start an Omaha Park Club (Aeronuts)
Friends: (8)

Wow haven't seen that before.

Sir Isaac Newton had an apple, I have a plane.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
radialarm
Crash Test Clown!!!

View radialarm's Gallery14
Send a message via MSN to radialarm Send a message via Yahoo to radialarm
Friends: (2)

Originally Posted by rcers View Post
Thegreat - I suspect your motor is just fine. Here is what I would try to do.

Re-solder ALL the connectors on your motor, then use bullet type connectors, not alligator clips while the motor is mounted to re-conduct your test.

I suspect you have a poor connection, not a bad motor.

Mike
I second this^^^. I had a motor do that. Mine turned out to be a broken wire. The motor wont spin unless it's receiving impulses on all three wire from the ESC. It just rocked back and forth.

Visit my homepage! Have A Good One!

Robert
Old 05-29-2010, 09:17 PM   #6
thegreat

Originally Posted by radialarm View Post
I second this^^^. I had a motor do that. Mine turned out to be a broken wire. The motor wont spin unless it's receiving impulses on all three wire from the ESC. It just rocked back and forth.
Yes thats what I thought, there is supposed to be a broken wire inside, I also thought a wrong placed magnet can cause this.

Anyway When I measured the cables I found the problem. That is because of thoose high resistance alligator clips. the alligator cables have high resistance and non equal in rezistance. different rezistance should impair synchronicity of the pwm signal.

I didnt have 4mm bullet connectors which motor has 4mm male mounted on. Thats why I used alligator clips. Now I soldered 3,5mm connectors and it worked great. It is rollin'. Powerfull motor.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
thegreat

Originally Posted by OKHOBBY.HK View Post
Dear thegreat,

I am Nancy from OKHOBBY TEAM.
I have sent PM to you via WATTFLYER but haven’t got your reply yet.

We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused. We tested the rest MT-00148-INFINITE H2221-4240 motors in our warehouse with our INFINITE 40A-BEC and INFINITE 40A-OPTO as soon as we read your complaint, however, we didn’t found any problem with it.

We also checked all the customers referred to this item but can’t make sure which email address is yours. At the same time, our company have sent email to all the customers who bought this item from us to get the feedback about this INFINITE H2221-4240.

Please contact us via cs@okhobby.com and do believe we will handle your case seriously. If it is confirmed that our INFINITE motors have serious qualtiy problem, we will stop selling them until we confirm the quality is ok.

At the same time, if other customers have any suggestions or thoughts about INFINITE motors, please feel free to send email to cs@okhobby.com (Concerning to quantities of emails referred to kinds of inquiries, we may not be able to reply to your email within 24 hours but please believe we take each email inquiry seriously and try our best to reply within 48 hours.)

Regards,
Nancy
OKHOBBY TEAM

Hello Nancy, greetings

I have solved the problem thank you. I now wonder why didn't you answer my emails until I write in this forums?

I suggest you to open a key seat for the set screws on the shaft of motors.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (13)

WOW! thats rare a hobby shop will admit to QC issues with their motors. hobby king also suffers from QC issues with certain turnigy motors and makes good on replacements every time....now if only they would send a return label for return shipping which often cost 1/2 or more of the total value....lol....,not going to happen.

still....Nancy,thats cool you hunted down "THE GREAT" and showed genuine concern for customer satisfaction...very cool!

nancy,now you know we're here and only flying electric,so please post us when okhobby feels the QC issues are 100% resolved. I'll give infinity a try.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #9
kvflyer

Club: no clubs, no way! pirate flyer

thiers wayyyyyyyyyy too many of these chinese outfits trying to pass off thier garbage, some are and some arent, ya just gotta know who the bad apples are

"ALWAYS IN PURSUIT OF ELECTRIC FLIGHT"

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions

Tags
brushless , okhobby , problem