Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
jchtr3a

Friends: (0)
Default Hobby King

Your 50% must be pretty good!
I have a AXN Floater Jet ordered and "shipped" from Hobby King. That ought to let me make some mistakes and still have something left to fly, from what I've seen in videos at least.
On the subject of Hobby King-----being a returning flyer after years of being grounded-----their prices are very good, but their shipping seems awfully slow, and pricey. I guess if you don't need it right away it's OK. Anybody else here in the US that is as inexpensive and ships from the US? I've looked about, and the US mailorder sites are a lot more $. Hobby King has a USA warehouse, but it seems they never have what I'm looking for. When I click on an item it always has the "International warehouse" at the top.
Looking forward to doing some mods to my Spitfire--like flaps and retracts, probably take me a while. But that's all the fun of it I guess. My skills are a bit dodgey, but I'm going to make a go of it, and hope I don't bugger it up too badly.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:58 AM   #2
WyomingOutdoors

Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Friends: (1)
Default Hobby King

I've ordered $1500 the last two months from HobbyKing. Shipping overseas about 2 - 3 weeks & CA store about 1 week.Only one time did they throw the batteries on my funfighter corsair and shipped it (beat it to foam bits). The other 8 orders were perfectly fine. I've been ordering lots from Nitroplanes lately, I i always use a 10 or 11% coupon found online) Thier sister store hobbypartz charges zero shipping over $100 - only 24 hrs to pack my order and 3 days to ship from California. Wrong hatch sent once from Nitroplanes they fixed order and shipped out new hatch right away. I just recieved and flew 4 times the HobbyKing Durafly Zephyr ducted jet glider - i tried to fly last night and a capacitor on the esc leaked brown fluid out killing the 55amp esc. I'm not even going to contact HobbyKing because it would do no good. I flew the wings of a HobbyKing Funfighter T-28 about 45 times and it still kept flying for months until i just hit a lightpole going inverted 80+ mph ... oops "That left a red mark!" I see how this flying is addictive.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
jchtr3a

Default Heard of a Fla. shop.

A guy here orders from a palce in Fla. He said prices are good. http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/StoreFront
They seem to have a lot at least.
Tracked my HK stuff. Seems its left Switzerland, maybe. Hard to tell with Swiss Post tracking. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:17 AM   #4
WyomingOutdoors

Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers

Thanks for online retailer reference ... always looking for a reliable place to order.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
jchtr3a

I haven't used them yet, but plan to. Prices aren't bad---and no Swiss Post--just the good ol' USPS.
Another hot day today, with a gusty breeze. Getting ready for fireworks tomorrow. Lots of people here go down to "The Point" where the Monogahelia, and Allegheny Rivers meet to make up the Ohio. It has the city behind it and out Steeler's Stadium and Pirate's Field on the far side. Makes for a nice backdrop. But too many people, too much traffic for me. I'll just watch some local fireworks off my porch.
Closest I ever got to Wyoming, was Thompson Falls, Montana. Beautiful there. Hope you and yours have a great fourth!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
startazz

Friends: (2)

I take it your AXN is here now, i'm in the UK and i get most of my orders off the international HK warehouse and they normally only take a week to get to my door if the Custom boys don't want to play silly games,plus i normally use EMS shipping but i've used the cheapest postal service too and that was only about three days behind what the express order was.
At the end of the day we can't really blame HK for a slow postal service can we.

Some thing to remember is when ordering is if you buy an JIT item don't put anything else in the same order as that can slow things down a little,because that item will then have to travel to there main warehouse and then be packed with your other items from the main warehouse,but if you just get your JIT parcel on it's own they normally just send it from the back warehouse,now that they have a UK warehouse they are getting even more orders off me as i just got a Durafly SE5a which was on my door step with in a couple of days of order.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

+1 on headsuprc- Florida . Small order shipping cost is usually ~ USD $3.00
+1 on Grayson Hobby- Georgia motor/esc combos for parkjets
+1 on Value Hobby- Illinois - Misc stuff and retracts
+1 on Nicohobbies- Arizona- Htx servos and batteries
+1 on All e RC -Arizona- Adaptors and misc items.

For ARF's, HK is still the best game in town for prices. I have had good luck with BH but on low risk planes purchases liek the Jpowers/Skyangel series. I would not get anything overly complex.

I do support my LHS as much as I can. Most in the US are Horizon Hobby dealers. (Hangar 9. E-flight, Parkzone, etc.) All great quality aircraft. Can save on shipping and there's usally only a small premium to pay. Plus, you get local support. Buy all my small misc items like horns, cleveices, rods, connectors, glue, etc. from my LHS.

But when you can't afford this level of airplane, then it's off to HK. Very impressed with everything coming out of the their signature Durafly line up.

Good luck !

Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 07-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
Voltron

Friends: (2)

Originally Posted by jchtr3a View Post
A guy here orders from a palce in Fla. He said prices are good. http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/StoreFront
They seem to have a lot at least.
Tracked my HK stuff. Seems its left Switzerland, maybe. Hard to tell with Swiss Post tracking. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I've done a lot of business with online hobby vendors over the years, but Heads Up RC is the best I've ever dealt with. Great prices, fast shipments and the best ever customer service. Who could ask for anything more?

I live in New York and get orders from Heads Up usually in about 3 days.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery85
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (17)

Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
I've done a lot of business with online hobby vendors over the years, but Heads Up RC is the best I've ever dealt with. Great prices, fast shipments and the best ever customer service. Who could ask for anything more?

I live in New York and get orders from Heads Up usually in about 3 days.
Today will be 5 days for my first order, if it gets here today. The only issue I have is that they weren't clear on what type of shipping they were providing, and if there was/wasn't tracking available. I didn't pay for the express option. Not concerning them in particular, but it makes one end up just paying for express, just for the tracking and shipping info. In their case however, it would be worth it to pay for express shipping, as they did ship the next business day. So many places wait a week, and then use brown shipping. It will likely be here today if it is UPS, which isn't bad at all if within 5 days. Across the full continental US, UPS will generally take 5 days. As long as Heads Up keeps shipping the next business day, I'll give them +1 for that.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #10
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

I placed an order with HeadsUprc Friday night and received it yesterday. Everything I get from them comes USPS. They rock !

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 08-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #11
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Club: Somerset Signal Senders & GCA
Awards Showcase

2kW  1kW 
Friends: (10)

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
+
+1 on Value Hobby- Illinois - Misc stuff and retracts
I only have one data-point when it comes to ValueHobby ARFs, but their Sabre X is just nothing short of AWESOME! Probably the best flying plane I have in my hangar. I've heard the same thing about the other planes in the Sabre series.

BTW, you were looking for a plane that could do both sport and 3D, weren't you? You may want to have a peek at the Sabre X. There's an extensive thread on RCGroups if you like to check it out:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1645557

AMA #959089
Old 08-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #12
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Thanks Swede,

I'll take a look ! You got me itching for a Sabre X now.

-Hawk

Old 08-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #13
TopSpin

You also might want to check LowpriceRC, and Leaders Hobby. Both are Hong Kong distributors but they are way better than Hobby King in customer service. They also have very low prices but like Hobby King shipping from Hong Kong can be brutal depending on the size and weight of the order.

The TRUTH is not always what it seems.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #14
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery85
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (17)

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
I placed an order with HeadsUprc Friday night and received it yesterday. Everything I get from them comes USPS. They rock !
Good to know. I thought they were using USPS for everything, but wasn't quite sure. Well I just got my order today, and the only slow people were the USPS, taking 5 days from FL to PA. Heads Up shipped the next day. It's good to see a guy who understands that he may spend a bit more using first class, but that people appreciate it. He even sent his business card in the package, which was a nice touch.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions