Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > Basement Bargains
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Basement Bargains Know of a good sale at your favorite online RC webstore? Or how about just one heck of a bargain that you came across on RC goods. This is the place. ** No commercial adverts please**

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #26
Alabama Flying Dude

Club: Alabama Phantoms
Friends: (2)
Default 1st phase 3 f-16

Angler: I have had the phase 3 squall with vectored thrust, second hand from a friend. Finally totaled it out, man, it is a squirrely plane, however it has tons of potential in experienced hands.

It was way over my head, Couldnt resist it for $50.00 rtf. I still have the esc an motor in various planes,

The motor wont die LOL,,,

Ihave been in the hobby about a year and a half. I have a dynam Meteor 3000kv 5 blade. I fly the heck out of that rocket,

I decided to get cheap kits $35.00 is as low as I have seen. I intend to develop the phase 3 f-16 kits as my edf's. I have a lot of ww 2 war birds an a few gliders.

I have been scanning blogs, wattflyer, u-tube, etc. There is a lot of interest in the phase 3 f-16, its apparently been around a while as well.

I recieved my kit yesterday. Phenominal boxing, and a color detailed assembly manual. NEVER have I seen anything with a decent manual.

I have a detrum 3000kv 5 blade 60 amp esc, I picked up from hobbypartz
I crashed and burned out my airfield f-16 an scavanged the electronics, servos,etc,

I will pick up a few more kits every couple of weeks, Ill be set as far as edf's.

Well going to fly before work

Alabama flying dude
Old 05-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #27
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Bama,

I really like what I see of the Phase 3 F-16. Occassionaly, the ARF version get's down to around $70.00. Next time I see a deal like that I'll pounce on it. My first entry into the edf world had been the Skyangel series 50mm T-45. Not a speed demon by any means but a good trainer nevertheless. For now, when I feel the need for speed, I fly my Radjet pusher prop. Screams with 4S. But,reading about the Phase 3 F-16 , sure looks like it's a steady flyer yet limitless as far as speed. On my bucket list.

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 05-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #28
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

I picked one up too, finally. At $35for the kit, I figured what the heck. It can wait on the shelf.When I crash one of my other edf's, hopefully I can salvage the power systems from them for it. Now I just have to find that guy who I think was selling a Thunderbirds scheme sticker sheet for it...
Old 05-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #29
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Here's a sale for the kit version. No motor,fan, esc . Not sure if it comes with servos or not. $35.00: http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...r-fan-esc.html

Tempting

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 05-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #30
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Sale today on the kit version:

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...r-fan-esc.html

So tempting

Old 05-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #31
Alabama Flying Dude

built mine out.have to remove most of foam from canopy. to fit in 2200 4 cell. , . it was a tedious job.

Exceptional elevons on tail with ball joint control rods. Lot of tweaknign an drimmeling.n in.

All in all exceptional value. going to maiden her when the wind dies down. HAve a storm front coming in.

Will purchase again as kit.

If you like to build an tweak, its a good airframe.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #32
max2112
Super Contributor

View max2112's Gallery59
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (13)

Originally Posted by Alabama Flying Dude View Post
built mine out.have to remove most of foam from canopy. to fit in 2200 4 cell. , . it was a tedious job.

Exceptional elevons on tail with ball joint control rods. Lot of tweaknign an drimmeling.n in.

All in all exceptional value. going to maiden her when the wind dies down. HAve a storm front coming in.

Will purchase again as kit.

If you like to build an tweak, its a good airframe.
AFD, I stuck with the stock setup on mine and all was OK. I have read that most folks who installed more powerful motor/battery combos did a modification that strengthened the taileron mounting point. I'm trying to find the thread so can give you a link.

more to follow....

Please call me John. I came up w/ Max2112 when I thought you were all internet predators after me Lucky Charms!!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #33
Timewarp

Location: Stationed with my family in Kaiserslautern, Germany
Club: Kaiserslautern RC

On sale again fellas, Phase 3 EF-16 NO /fan/motor/ESC for only $44.99 great price http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...r-fan-esc.html

Pilot of a:
Yard Bird YB22 |
E-Flite Stearman PT17 | Eflite AlphaSport 450 | Hype Fox | Parkzone T-28 | Parkzone Extra 300 | Phase 3 EF-16 | Robbe Nano-Vector | Phase 3 Squall
Old 08-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #34
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Kit for sale at Hobby people - today only ! $39.00

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...r-fan-esc.html

Old 08-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #35
WayfaringDreamer

Friends: (0)

Phase 3 EF-16 EDF R/C w/Fan/Brushless Motor & ESC is $79: http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...3999/?limit=50
Old 08-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #36
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Wayfaring,

Great deal indeed ! Only one problem; Out of stock

Old 08-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #37
WayfaringDreamer

Yep, just saw that!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #38
WayfaringDreamer

Back in stock!

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...r-and-esc.html
Old 08-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #39
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

That's one heck of deal ! Buddy has one. Sure flies nice.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #40
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Well,

I just could not resist anymore. Broke down and got in on the Hobby-People $79.00 special. It arrived today. I opened the box and immedaitely saw I had some work cut out for me. Will take my time. Took the manual out and closed the box. That's one excellent manual. The best I've ever seen ! Pictures, reminders, warnings, tips, etc.

I am looking forward to getting her together over the next week.

Top quality thus far ! I hope it flies as well as it's built.

-Hawk

Old 08-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #41
Timewarp

Location: Stationed with my family in Kaiserslautern, Germany
Club: Kaiserslautern RC
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
Well,

I just could not resist anymore. Broke down and got in on the Hobby-People $79.00 special. It arrived today. I opened the box and immedaitely saw I had some work cut out for me. Will take my time. Took the manual out and closed the box. That's one excellent manual. The best I've ever seen ! Pictures, reminders, warnings, tips, etc.

I am looking forward to getting her together over the next week.

Top quality thus far ! I hope it flies as well as it's built.

-Hawk
You will enjoy it, I took my time as well and painted all of the parts prior to putting it together and it looks sharp and fly's great!

Pilot of a:
Yard Bird YB22 |
E-Flite Stearman PT17 | Eflite AlphaSport 450 | Hype Fox | Parkzone T-28 | Parkzone Extra 300 | Phase 3 EF-16 | Robbe Nano-Vector | Phase 3 Squall
Old 08-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #42
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

TimeWarp,

Thanks,

Our Club President has one and talked me into it. Another blasphemous purchase for a Navy guy buying another USAF icon. Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone. So now, I'll have to get him to fly formation with me.

I have a couple of Htx 900's on my desk. I recon they will work fine. But for such a nice plane was thinking abot splurging for a pair of Hitec 82's metal gear.

I'll be asking set-up questions later... Back to the manual !

Cheers,

Hawk

Old 08-22-2012, 03:11 AM   #43
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Friends: (17)

Another blasphemous purchase for a Navy guy buying another USAF icon. Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone. So now, I'll have to get him to fly formation with me.

Caught again Hawk

I have a couple of Htx 900's on my desk. I recon they will work fine. But for such a nice plane was thinking abot splurging for a pair of Hitec 82's metal gear.

I'll be asking set-up questions later... Back to the manual !

Cheers,

Hawk
I hope the best for you and good luck with this plane. I know I am the minority here but I think this is the worst EDF ever due to the beer cooler foam. The foam is far from forgiving so... Just beware is all Im saying. I have floan it and for me performance was in adequate for a 70mm but I have seen it fly when someone else was flying it flew pretty fast so it may have just been me. A plus is how light the actual plane is compared to other EDFs

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:08 AM   #44
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Thanks Fish !

Shoot.. Busted again !

Yeah, the first clue I had about the foam was when I read the top of page 5 in the manual:" " Do not use CA !" "It will destroy the parts." Sent a red light. The little voice in my head was saying: " I knew it ! The Air Force is out to screw me !" LOL Geez !...

I've got this one to build then a JPowers Rare Bear that apparently will do 100+ Should arrive this week. Hope it flies better than it's cousin, the AT-6 Texan which flies like a drunk squirell. That one will help with the fix I need once in awhile for speed. After these two, I'm holding off for a while but have my eyes on the SabreX 3D Aerobatic Sport plane from Value Hobby. Another big experiment coming.

I know have 3 Hangar Queens I'm robbing parts from. Figure in another year, I'll have cycled through the entire squadron.

The addiction continues !

Old 08-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #45
Alabama Flying Dude

Default Perfer aelirons

I have 2 kits of this f-16, Takes some gettin use to without aelirons.

Plus + IT is a excellant platform to practice nice wide turns which allows a edf to maintain the most speed possible.

Plus 2 + IF you dirt nap her a kit is cheap.

Plus 3+ Excellant experience in building out a foam kit, with TONS of help and advice on builds out there in videos, etc,,.

Over all everyone needs at least one if you love edf's.

Good Luck

Dude
Old 08-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #46
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Thanks Bama,

I have (2) EPP 50mm JPowers Skyangels: T-45 & F-16 which are alot fun in their own right.

I've scratchbuilt several " prop in the slot" Foamie profile jets and they also have their own place in the hangar. Did someone say : "High Alpha?"

The only "beer foam" planes I have are converted $10.00 Titan Air Hog Gliders. I think for the Phase3, the decals probably help protect from nicks and bruises.

Looking forward to the build. Just need to get my wife out of the house so I can commandeer the kitchen table.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #47
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Got to page 8 in the manual and called it a night. I love the way this plane is going together. Good quality. Fit and finish is excellent. Look to maiden on Saturday.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > Basement Bargains