Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Hi-Performance and Sailplanes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Hi-Performance and Sailplanes RC hotliners, electric pylon racers, F5B, F5D, sailplanes and gliders

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
aeroknot
learning by doing

Friends: (1)
Default #27 Model Airplane Building Clinic >> Mimi DLG 1 meter polyhedral<<

This thread intended as a discussion of building the 1 meter polyhedral DLG Mimi. Any tips, hints, and good humor is sincerely appreciated. Please also refer to Murocflyer's building clinic thread.

I plan to build the Mimi over the next few months...building on scattered days now and then....I've built foamies, but this will be my first balsa build.

I also have no experience with sailplanes or DLG....

Mimi
span - 1000mm
length 780mm
weight 160-170grams

The Mimi is designed by Frans Bal, who has on request freely emailed many people his Mimi plans. There are several links to various build threads and also his email on his web page.

His web pages also have many detailed photos of his build. His build photos are a good guide.

There are several Mimi versions including a dihedral solid balsa wing and a polyhedral semisolid wing.

I will build the polyhedral semisolid wing version.

When finished, I'll update this post with some photos, etc.

eidt - 2012 09 08 - edited the first sentence a little.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Hi-Performance and Sailplanes