Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)
Default F15 parkjet ...

First of all credit to Steve Shumate for an excellent plan ...

Having a few sheets of Depron at back on my room - I look at various plans to make anything from WW1 to todays fast jets in model form. I stumbled on Steve Shumate's plan for the F15 and it immedaitely struck me as the one to build. Profile is not really my cup of tea - but the F15 with it's squared style lends itself well to sheet construction.
Friend of mine years ago made one from the RCM&E magazine plan in 3/16th balsa .. 20 glow power - excellent and proved the sheet concept.

The overall sheme sheet attached .. (I hope Steve doesn't mind .. it is a free plan.. )

The plans are available to download and are at 75% and 120% ... I didn't realise the size of the 75% until starting to join the tiled sheets together .. but it's 20" span and fits my idea perfectly !

Unfortunately I got carried away with myself and started building before photo's !! Itchy fingers and all that.

As per my usual practice - I printed of the tiles, then with tape joined then together. Cut out out each part with a small border. Laid out on the 6mm Depron and with my trusty tapered reamer ... which has a very sharp point ... pricked through to the depron the outline of first pieces. I then cut these out .. position next prints .. prick and cut .. This way I can maximise the saving of Depron .. (all offcuts are bagged as well for repairs / small items later).

So here are the pieces (again I apologise for the part construction of fuselage and wing to strake) :

I do mark each piece as to ID .. so I can refer direct to plan easily .. with multiple pieces of item - I try to mark on inside where it won't show.

Wing and strake joined :

Stabilators and various small cap items :

other :

Fuselage front and rear married :

It will be noted that I have deviated from Steves excellent path .. in that the stabilator rod / holes etc. haven't been made .. this will be sorted before top deck applied.

Dry fit of major parts :

The design calls for a decent size motor and prop but that's on the full design size .. this is 75% and nice ... so I'm hoping that a medium set-up such as on the HK Parkjet will do ... a 1200 - 1800kv motor and a 6x4 .. 7x6 prop range ..

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets