Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #1

Friends: (4)
Default Trojan T28 's retract...how does it work?

Hi
I have a T28 trojan.

I have a question on retracts.

How does the nose wheel turn freely when its attached to trunnion , which is tight and strong enough to push it in and out of gear's bay(for gears up/down).can someone explain?

-- Kris
Old 09-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

Most of these gear would rotate if allowed, but either have a set screw or through-screw to hold it in place. The ones for steering or 90 degree rotating ones instead have a c-clip on top so they don't fall out, and a collar or the steering bracket holding them from the bottom, so they don't go up into it any more.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:23 AM   #3

Default Re:

Most of these gear would rotate if allowed, but either have a set screw or through-screw to hold it in place. The ones for steering or 90 degree rotating ones instead have a c-clip on top so they don't fall out, and a collar or the steering bracket holding them from the bottom, so they don't go up into it any more.
Hi

I got my parts from hk atlast .in this pic I'm still not sure how front wheel 's Arm 'locks' inside the metal trunion.

So do I have to take trunnion out to fix ?:banghead:
Thanks
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-30-2012, 03:40 AM   #4
ronhawker

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Hi
I have a T28 trojan.

I have a question on retracts.

How does the nose wheel turn freely when its attached to trunnion , which is tight and strong enough to push it in and out of gear's bay(for gears up/down).can someone explain?

-- Kris
I put servoless retracts on mine. The rear were easy. The front was the problem. You have to build a mount and there isn't much room. I left the front without turning and no problems as the rudder works fine. Just can't taxi around much. Takeoff is no problem. Sure looks good in the air though.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #5

Default Re:

Most of these gear would rotate if allowed, but either have a set screw or through-screw to hold it in place. The ones for steering or 90 degree rotat
Hi

I got my parts from hk atlast .in this pic I'm still not sure how front wheel 's Arm 'locks' inside the metal trunion.

So do I have to take trunnion out to fix ?:banghead:
Thanks
Bump!

Old 10-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #6

Default Re:

Hi

I find it extremely difficult to attach a small c-clip in the top of the wheel assembly .

Since the nose gear is attached to the arm as well the odds if this falling out is less right ?

Is there an other alternative other than c-clip..? Can I put a tiny drop of ca or silicone where c-Clip would go ?

Pls advice.thanks a lot

thx...Kris
Old 10-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #7

Default Re:

Bump !

Kris

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros