Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-28-2012, 04:19 AM   #26
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Hey Guys,

I love it when a Manufacturer / Innovator shows up in the discussion like this. Ice-Man is obviously very passionate about his product and if you read the specs and consider what you get for $56.00, it's a game changer for stabilization systems. You'd be proud too !

Okay, he exudes enthusiam. What's wrong with that? All he's done is tried to be helpful and provide more information to those of us interested in this technology. This is not Spam in my opinion. This is adding value to the discussion.

Same goes for Jeff/Jessie at Headsuprc.They're not over-promoting. Just being a trusted advisor.

Relax !
Old 09-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #27
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)

Well, I believe there's a specfic place on this site for vendors posting, electronic components, heli's and quads where gyro's are most applicable....maybe the appropriate catagory placement (to include all the nuts & bolts) would be less irritating and more forgiving.....lol....he got it 1/2 right!
Old 09-29-2012, 03:12 AM   #28
ICE-MAN
ICE-MAN Pro

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by DCDetector View Post
Here is a video of the BL-3GRC gyro in stiff wind. Sorry the video doesn't show much, I've got to find a better way of shooting video, but I can say it flew well but I did notice a good amount of wing flutter as it flew by. The wings were moving rapidly up & down/flutter?

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Hi DCDetector, I've been thinking more about this flutter issue. I think it's a feedback issue similar to standing too close to a speaker with a mic. Clearly one solution is to reduce the gyro gain at high speeds (2 gain adjust), but if you still want high gain at fast speed you can also try to optimise with the following:
- You can try adding the data averaging in (from the Adv2 tab page) up to say 5 or so samples
- Reduce the P gain on the Prof1 page tab to say 2.0
-If you have analogue servos with a refresh rate of some 15ms you can try on a plane with digital servos and make sure the BL-3G is set to digital servos (and no data averaging)

Failing any of the above we can look at implementing a new filter to combat this (similar to echo cancellation on mobile phones).
Old 10-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #29
DCDetector

View DCDetector's Gallery25
Friends: (1)

Also, there are rules here for frequency of vendor posts. Iceman / dcdetector should read-follow them
??? Is this not an area marked for gyro discussions? Where should I have posted these questions about gyros?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #30
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)

It's not so much the question, more the constant sale pitch....info is great and usefull....the pitch is the problem...

Your question could have been posted here:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68
Old 10-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #31
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Again,

It's like having an expert guest speaker
Ice-man is the product developer. I don't really see an ad here. Just expert advice from someone that knows what he's talking about. He hasn't
boasted on why his gyro system is the best or used sales tactics to promote
sales. No harm done.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:05 AM   #32
Don Sims
Administrator

View Don Sims's Gallery3
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (39)

Please be civil to each other. I linked him to the community policies and he's now aware.

Take care and thanks for posting at WattFlyer!!

Don

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros