Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
Rodneh

Club: Moonport Modelers
Friends: (0)
Default Caution, Orange 7 Ch DSM2 can short out battery

One small flaw in the Orange DSM2 7 channel receiver. The center pin on the bind plug is soldered to the ground pin. should you accidentally plug a 4 or 5 cell battery into the bind plug slot with the plug reversed, the battery will be shorted out and you will at the very least, burn up some wiring between the battery and receiver. I know this is not apt to happen but, if someone is using a battery to power the receiver while binding it and accidentally plugs into that slot with the plug reversed, lots of smoke.
EDIT: BAD ERROR ON MY PART. Further checking with an ohm meter (not just visual as before) shows that this is not true. From all visual aspects, it looks like the pins are connected but they are NOT. If the moderator can delete this post, please do. I apologize for this drastic error on my part.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

View Angler-Hi's Gallery20
Send a message via Yahoo to Angler-Hi
Friends: (40)

Thanks for the heads up friend! I was actually getting ready to place an order for a few of these. I take pride in using Spektrum, but need to save some ducketts man. I haven't been able to find that much info them on the web. I'll keep that in mind for sure.

Mike

The best teacher in the world is experience...now go fly something already
Old 10-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Rodneh

Club: Moonport Modelers
Friends: (0)

Please see the edited version of my first post. I made a drastic error, going by visual check and not corroborating with an ohm meter check. The pins are NOT tied together. My sincerest apologies.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

View Angler-Hi's Gallery20
Send a message via Yahoo to Angler-Hi
Friends: (40)

It happens, lol.

The best teacher in the world is experience...now go fly something already
Old 10-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by Rodneh View Post
One small flaw in the Orange DSM2 7 channel receiver. The center pin on the bind plug is soldered to the ground pin. should you accidentally plug a 4 or 5 cell battery into the bind plug slot with the plug reversed, the battery will be shorted out and you will at the very least, burn up some wiring between the battery and receiver. I know this is not apt to happen but, if someone is using a battery to power the receiver while binding it and accidentally plugs into that slot with the plug reversed, lots of smoke.
EDIT: BAD ERROR ON MY PART. Further checking with an ohm meter (not just visual as before) shows that this is not true. From all visual aspects, it looks like the pins are connected but they are NOT. If the moderator can delete this post, please do. I apologize for this drastic error on my part.

We've likely all been there, done that.

What I've done is gone back to my original post, click on edit, and delete stuff that is not correct. Replace it with "Corrected error" or something like that.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros