Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 11-02-2010, 03:05 AM   #501
borntoraisehogs

Friends: (0)
Default Not our fault.Lets throw out these parts and buy new.

Originally Posted by HeliG View Post
I need to share...

This RC heli thing has been great and I've appreciated all the great info posted here on wattflyer. BUT, as I look through the new posts, I have to admit I'm bummed that so few of them are in respect to helis. I also have to admit that I do frequent another heli site (HeliFreak) but I'd much rather spend my time here.

I can't discount Finless over there (I don't think that anyone that knows anything about RC helis can discount him). And the focus is HELIs! But I still feel that wattflyer is the place to be. What we need here are more heli pilots that want to talk about rc heli stuff.

If you are a heli pilot or are aspiring to be one, start posting! Let's make wattflyer look like wattheli!

Thanks for listening.
Warren.
Thanks for the pep talk
I have been laying low for a year or so after pounding my falcon forty into broken bits. Not just knocked off, dented,scraped and scuffed up bits , but blade splintered, broken links, bent shafts and lost rotor head parts ground pounded. Having really show progress in my flying just before things got away from me, I thought I should get right back on the horse. Gusty winds be damned, good training conditions, as we used to say at Fort Wolters. I fired up my friends falcon 40 and was brilliant just before I lost it even worse and pounded his. There are not enough good parts left to make a decent static display.
I will be buying new aircraft in the next month. I want a collective pitch model with enough power to get it up and not be snared by simultaneous irrecoverable flight attitudes associated with rotor wing phenomena such spastic transient torque causing too rapid an increase of airfield elevation, ground effect becoming denser than the sky effect and destructive harmonic resonance between the hand and eye, resulting in damage to my friends aircraft.
Yes I am buying two. Suggestions please.
Gawd I had it , I was hovering like a Davinci Angel , by will alone, my very essence was in the Jack in the Box Clown Ball at the controls in the tiny cockpit, , I WAS the aircraft. then poop.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:57 AM   #502
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

View Figure.N9ne's Gallery8
Club: Mako's RC Jet Club
Send a message via AIM to Figure.N9ne
Friends: (3)

Just wanted to bump this thread. I bought a used trex 250 a few months ago to get back into helicopters and rc in general after a few years hiatus and I'm loving it! It flies just as well as my old 450 se v2, but it is a little harder to see, I've crashed it a couple of times by losing it for a second or too in backwards maneuvers and not being able to tell which way it's facing. This thing drops out of a funnel like it weighs 30 lbs! I'm actually considering selling off most of my planes since I enjoy the helis so much more and they take up such little room in comparison. Next up will be a trex 500 or a 450 pro. I haven't been able to decide between the visibility of the 500 or the performance of the 450pro.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:39 AM   #503
molokaiboy

Club: Maui RC Modeler's
Friends: (2)
Default Aloha, Heli Pilot here

Aloha,
I just recently joined WF. I have beeen on the other forums for several years (HF, RR, and others). Like you said in your first post Finless cannot be discounted, he has provided many beginners and veterans alike with invaluable information. I too sometimes get tired of the other forums, and I guess that's what has brought me here. A change of pace and atmosphere.

The heli only forums can get a bit crazy at times if you know what I mean. Sometimes there are many posts that has nothing to do with the OP questions. Or posts that is of no help to, just ramblings or unsupported posts.

I hope I can help to provide helpful information to those who need it.

Aloha,
Les
Old 06-22-2011, 03:19 AM   #504
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

View kenchiroalpha's Gallery2
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (168)
Talking

Originally Posted by molokaiboy View Post
Aloha,
I just recently joined WF. I have beeen on the other forums for several years (HF, RR, and others). Like you said in your first post Finless cannot be discounted, he has provided many beginners and veterans alike with invaluable information. I too sometimes get tired of the other forums, and I guess that's what has brought me here. A change of pace and atmosphere.

The heli only forums can get a bit crazy at times if you know what I mean. Sometimes there are many posts that has nothing to do with the OP questions. Or posts that is of no help to, just ramblings or unsupported posts.

I hope I can help to provide helpful information to those who need it.

Aloha,
Les
Hi Les
Welcome aboard
Im pleased to meet you
What type of helis do you operate?
You can see some of mine on my profile page
Take care
Yours Hank

"When wild the head-wind beat,Thy sovereign Will commanding, Bring them who dare to fly, To a safe landing."
Old 06-23-2011, 01:59 AM   #505
molokaiboy

Thanks for the warm welcome Hank.

I am currently only flying a clone 500 from EXI. I recently sold my Vibe 50 after much hesitation. I was unemployed so it had to go. I kept my foamies and the EXI.

I have been flying since 2006, then took a year break from flying in 09. I have owned/flown most of the Align line up from the 250 - 700 class helis, both electric and glo. I have also had the Vibe 50/90, Raptor Titan, a scale Hirobo Schweizer 300, and Llama, Blade (cx, cpp, mcx, B400), mini titan, the little air hogs.

I also partnered up with a friend and had a Local Hobby Shop a couple years ago in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.

Aloha,
Les
Old 08-05-2011, 04:53 AM   #506
flynlow

Default Heli newbe here. Proof positive the ranks are growing.

Hello all. Not sure my posts are correct. I'll figure it out. My wife is ill so I'm home bound. Searched for a complicated hobby to side track my thoughts. Helis seem to be the right pill. Just had my first succesful flight today with Blade 120 sr. Am already dreaming of the next heli. Thanks to the Phoenix sim. I think I'm in deep already. Will be reading your posts. Great way to saturate.

P.S. I cannot believe all the poor quality YOU Tube videos on Helis. Someone should give a class. Most videos make me dizzy. Any one agree?
Old 08-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #507
molokaiboy

Welcome flynlow!!

I agree on the crappy youtube videos that seems to flood the internet, but nothing frustrates me more than watching people do dangerous stupid things with these models that give the general public a bad feeling of this hobby.

Anyways welcome again and enjoy the site.

Aloha,
Les

Les
Maui RC Modeler's
https://www.facebook.com/mauirc
Old 08-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #508
islrcr1

Originally Posted by HeliG View Post
I need to share...

This RC heli thing has been great and I've appreciated all the great info posted here on wattflyer. BUT, as I look through the new posts, I have to admit I'm bummed that so few of them are in respect to helis. I also have to admit that I do frequent another heli site (HeliFreak) but I'd much rather spend my time here.

I can't discount Finless over there (I don't think that anyone that knows anything about RC helis can discount him). And the focus is HELIs! But I still feel that wattflyer is the place to be. What we need here are more heli pilots that want to talk about rc heli stuff.

If you are a heli pilot or are aspiring to be one, start posting! Let's make wattflyer look like wattheli!

Thanks for listening.
Warren.
Hi, Warren, my name is joel and I live in Victoria BC and I fly a Storm 450 and will be purcasing a Trex 550 or 600 next spring so lets talk heli......
Old 02-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #509
Deca

Intermediate heli pilot reporting for duty! I started on a Blade 400, picked up an mcpx a month or two ago, and am seriously considering grabbing a trex550efl this spring
Old 02-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #510
kenfrisbee

Ken from California here!

Beginner but learning quickly. Already tired of coax and the 45deg flybar. Working on control with mSR X.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #511
Whytegryphon
E-Heli Novice

Send a message via MSN to Whytegryphon

been out of the hobby for a couple years now, but got back into it with another CX2, which, thanks to Jamie at Boomtown Hobbies, I have upgraded the crap out of. It's now a few grams heavier than stock, thanks to all the carbon fiber and aluminum, but it's solid as a rock and way more stable than it was. Still working out some TBE issues with it, but thanks to tips I've gleaned from here, I should be able to get it sorted out this week. Currently only flying in the warehouse at work as it's just been too windy to even think about taking it outside.

Tough to develop the fine thumb control required to balance speed and direction control, but I'm slowly getting there - now able to fly down the length of one aisle, spin around and fly back without too many issues or pauses to correct drift and keep it from having a catastrophic meeting with the pallet racking. Once I get comfortable and confident with my flying with this bird, I'll pick up a 120SR in order to get the hang of top/tail rotor flight, then move on to an SR as my first CCPM Heli.

Baby steps for me, as I'd rather take longer to move up than try to go fast and spend a lot of money on replacing parts.

any other e-heli pilots in Central Alberta, Canada here?
Old 05-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #512
fbman15

Hi all, new guy here

25yo from Croatia, currently owning Big Lama, still happy with it before I move to 450
Old 09-29-2012, 03:08 AM   #513
islrcr1

Joel, here from Vancouver Island... I fly a Gaui 550 and just got my TRex 500E super combo today and going to build it this week....
Old 11-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #514
Sensi
Max of fun !

Must agree, the T-rex are just amazing !

Expecting the 700 for christmas... huhu
Old 11-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #515
greggy

Default greggy

hi i am from over the pond.been flying 2years after being out for15years flying fixed wing and helis,got 2 aligin 600e 1 600 ic 1 700ic 2 blade nano just finished a bell222 with align 600e mec.not a good flyer,ie no 3d but can put it where i want it. i will get better when i can get out to fly,wife not well so i can only fly some of the time.and the UK weather has been rubish this year and last,found site after i sent for a plane and was looking for advice on best way to build it.found a it on your site. jim.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #516
matiac
What, me worry?

Club: A.M.A. Member, not currently affliliated with a club
Default Hi, my name is Mat, and I'm a Heliholic

It's true. But I have no regrets whatever. My trip into the dark side began with an innocent looking Airhogs Havoc Heli, and then the ascent began. I found I COULD actually fly this thing. Then about 2 years later, I had a chance encounter with an Interactive Toys Interceptor 052 CX, and still a year later enjoy the HELL out of flying it indoors AND out, albeit the outdoor activities require little to no wind. Have had no issues with the CX except to replace the top rotor's shaft gear. Then about 4 months ago purchased a Double Horse 9104 3 channel FP, and after a few bumps and bangs can put an entire battery through it, and am left wanting for more, so I put together 3 500maH LiPos in parallel, and get 2 or even 3 flights in one outing with it. Although the D.H. isn't as forgiving as the CX (already on a second set of motors for it), that too, is a joy to fly. So now I'm either going to modify the 9104 for 4 channels, or maybe get some kind of 4 channel FP to fly around, and who knows if a full-on 6 channel will be in my future?

R.C. Hobby is a hole into which one dumps money.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:44 AM   #517
biznak

Default newbie heli pilot

ok so after a couple years looking at heli's i finally bought one!

its winter and i figured i may aswell get a micro, but i didn't like Coax's (to easy) so i went with a FP, the WL V911, my friend just picked up an MRSx too so we're learning at the same time! which is always nice

i'm not a total beginner here though, i have realflight and fly airplanes...though its been 3 months since i last flew (DLG) and drive rc cars too.

anways back to heli's the v911 is pretty sweet, but it didn't start that way, i had to level? the swash, but its not level as much as its hovering almost with no input now, which is nice, i am not on high rates, but i didn't switch the servo arms to the inner hole either, the only thing that is not that great is the radio, it just doesn't fit in the hands nicely/not great resolution, i read the turnigy 9x v2 binds up to it for much more precise control, but that is 2x the price of the heli...

so far the hangar only consists of a: PZ Corsair, Skyfly 2, GP BLT (with custom ailerons) and a Slope diver (soon to be motorized), oh and about 4 other "in the works"....
Old 11-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #518
matiac
What, me worry?

So get the Turnigy, and when you're ready to move up to something bigger just get a nice BNF and you already have the radio!! See that?

Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #519
biznak

yeah i probably should, but i'll look into it a bit more, i just wish i could use my Dx6i...in hindsight i could have bought a blade FP heli for the same $$ as the v911 and the turnigy 9x...

so far the hangar only consists of a: PZ Corsair, Skyfly 2, GP BLT (with custom ailerons) and a Slope diver (soon to be motorized), oh and about 4 other "in the works"....
Old 11-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #520
matiac
What, me worry?

Why can't you use your Spectrum? Those will bind to just about anything out there, and they're WORLDS better than the Turnigy, not taking anything away from the H.K. radio, but the one you already have is way better...

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk

Tags
heli , pilots , wanted