Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #501
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Hi Stu ...

Fastest speed I could get by doppler on that was 160kph. But it's subject to the short runs and too much talking in the vid !

To get good doppler - you really need to flatten out a long way out and do a long run in and past ... exiting about same distance as the run in. Not easy I know ! Plus you need to be only model flying for the sound ... and all your pals stop talking !!

Good to see the Stinger hasn't killed of the PKJ !

I must get mine sorted when I get home .......

Cheers
Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 10-21-2012, 03:01 AM   #502
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)

talking,wind,and to much power used to trim it in flight even though it was only a min or so before making speed runs. if a camera is following the plane to video it,doesn't that make changes to sound recording verse's a microphone standing still.

thats why i used to set the video recorder on a tripod in the center of the field even though i couldn't get a vid the sound would be there. just one problem.....i never got the pkj to fly for more than a high altitude run before plowing the ground. looks like i may get a better recording tomorrow but asking folks to stay quiet will be impossible.

still,between the dopplering of the pkj and funjet i haven't gotton my 100mph award.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:49 AM   #503
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

Originally Posted by stuart View Post
talking,wind,and to much power used to trim it in flight even though it was only a min or so before making speed runs. if a camera is following the plane to video it,doesn't that make changes to sound recording verse's a microphone standing still.
Only if camera is physically moving across ground and changing the doppler shift. If it stays in position and only alters its direction of view - then no - its fine.

thats why i used to set the video recorder on a tripod in the center of the field even though i couldn't get a vid the sound would be there. just one problem.....i never got the pkj to fly for more than a high altitude run before plowing the ground. looks like i may get a better recording tomorrow but asking folks to stay quiet will be impossible.
Not necessary .. as long as camera stays in position .. and has good view of model - then fine.

still,between the dopplering of the pkj and funjet i haven't gotton my 100mph award.
160kph = 99.42mph .... oh so close !!!!

Actually I rounded up as the doppler max speed recorded was 157.7kph ... 97.99mph

What prop were you running ? It must have been quite a low pitch etc. as the ESC you quoted is a lot less than I need. My 4400kv + 5x5 needs a 70A ESC ... and even that's at it's limits with 3S. With 4S - I need to limit throttle to avoid burning it out.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 10-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #504
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

hello Nigel,I'll check it out later since it's Sunday and the car is already loaded for today with the same planes as yesterday minus the stinger of coarse.church first and then off to the field if not to windy. Saturdays winds were calm in the morning and p/u thru the day so hopefully it better this afternoon.

i used a mystery esc and believe it's a 50 amp with bec and a 3cell 1300mah30c which came down hot and puffed. the swelling went down 100% and is recharged .

i had also p/u a 60amp mystery but it was opto and i didn't realize that when hitting the buy button....it'll be used someday in a plane i don't care so much about.

I'll have to run the watts up meter again as i don't remember the statistics but i know everything was proper for using.

off topic.......i love the Lord who made me and opened my eyes to the wonderful world he made,to the salvation He gives me through His own life. i love going to the chapel with brothers and sisters to praise the Lord every Sunday and praise Him everyday[not just Sunday].......but every Sunday morning the leaves on these awesome trees He made are so perfectly still....,5 hr's from now,may all change with the weather prediction of 15mph+......stay focused stu,stay focused on whats really important.play with the toys later.

to any who reads this and gets offended,please know I'm not preaching....just stating a feeling so please don't reply negatively. thanks, and i hope to report of another great day of flying as i really do need to unwind from the weeks work.... time hanging out on this beautiful fall day at the field.trees are at peak colors .stu

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #505
Beemerider

Club: Augusta County RC Club
Friends: (1)

hello Nigel,I'll check it out later since it's Sunday and the car is already loaded for today with the same planes as yesterday minus the stinger of coarse.church first and then off to the field if not to windy. Saturdays winds were calm in the morning and p/u thru the day so hopefully it better this afternoon.

i used a mystery esc and believe it's a 50 amp with bec and a 3cell 1300mah30c which came down hot and puffed. the swelling went down 100% and is recharged .

i had also p/u a 60amp mystery but it was opto and i didn't realize that when hitting the buy button....it'll be used someday in a plane i don't care so much about.

I'll have to run the watts up meter again as i don't remember the statistics but i know everything was proper for using.

off topic.......i love the Lord who made me and opened my eyes to the wonderful world he made,to the salvation He gives me through His own life. i love going to the chapel with brothers and sisters to praise the Lord every Sunday and praise Him everyday[not just Sunday].......but every Sunday morning the leaves on these awesome trees He made are so perfectly still....,5 hr's from now,may all change with the weather prediction of 15mph+......stay focused stu,stay focused on whats really important.play with the toys later.

to any who reads this and gets offended,please know I'm not preaching....just stating a feeling so please don't reply negatively. thanks, and i hope to report of another great day of flying as i really do need to unwind from the weeks work.... time hanging out on this beautiful fall day at the field.trees are at peak colors .stu
+1 !!

No offense--thanks for saying it. The only reason I'm here today to enjoy this great hobby is because of an illness that near took me away from this life. God did a very big work in my life. One of the plus sides is now I have time to fly!

btw--been flying sailplanes and SS's. Stuff I can keep up with. Now I'm ready to try something (at least a little bit) that's too fast for me. I ordered a HK FunJet last nite.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #506
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Beemerider View Post
..............been flying sailplanes and SS's. Stuff I can keep up with. Now I'm ready to try something (at least a little bit) that's too fast for me. I ordered a HK FunJet last nite.
I met with a few of the great flyers in UK back when I lived there ... Chris Foss was one. He used to visit Butser Hill where I flew slopers .. usually for a X-country glider comp .......... until I'd seen him fly - I never observed such speed in a sloper !
I was impressed so much the first time - rushed out and bought his competition version Centi-Phase ...........

The beauty of knowing gliding is the aeronautics of how a model flys ... instead of brute force and ignorance. It is invaluable to knowing what to do when motor dies ... why a model screws to one side or whatever ....

Go for it ... enjoy ! as an ex Sloper to another !

Nigel

Old 10-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #507
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

my computers having trouble navigating thru wattflyer....anyone else having issues opening threads or is it just me. i couldn't get the todays forums to open either.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #508
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

No issues for me... ???
Old 10-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #509
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

thanks for the reply as it may very well be my old laptop. its a dell xp and has seen better days. seems i'll post something and the move to the todays posts selection and i won't switch over. then my scroll won't work,so a xout and check other sites with no issues.

bottom line ,computers . can't live with em or without em.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:04 AM   #510
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

thanks for the reply as it may very well be my old laptop. its a dell xp and has seen better days. seems i'll post something and the move to the todays posts selection and i won't switch over. then my scroll won't work,so a xout and check other sites with no issues.

bottom line ,computers . can't live with em or without em.

Get out and go fly !! Leave Bill Gates where he belongs !!

Nigel

Old 10-25-2012, 04:38 AM   #511
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

C'mon guys and gals .. whats happened ... no-one going for speed anymore ?

??

Nigel

Old 10-26-2012, 01:10 AM   #512
Beemerider

Ok, newbie question here. Been kinda following you speed demons a bit. Ordered the basic HK funjet couple days ago. I read where you fellas have to use an elaborate launching system to get these things airborne. Is that because of the insane power and props you're using? Kinda like starting out in 3rd gear?

I'm going to start out with something a bit tamer. Will I have difficulties with simple hand launching?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:20 AM   #513
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

watch the flitetest guys review the parkjet. josh will hand toss it Frisbee side fling to avoid a blade strike.the heavier to build like Nigel and other do require one serious toss do to excess weight. a good throw should result in the wing gliding and a smooth slow power up on the throttle will take over. the bungee launch is with out a doubt a sure fire beginning to a scary fun flight. watch my most recent vid,the pkj with a 4850kv motor on 3cell flew great. do join us in seeing who can beat 222kph.

3:52 WATCHED

hobbyking parkjet 4850kv with 3 cell 1300mah 30c

Old 10-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #514
Beemerider

You guys are too fast for me but who knows the bug might bite me once I get this thing and get it airborne.

Next question: HK recommends roughly a 2700-3000kv motor. All the motors in my collection are 1000-1400kv so I ordered this:

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...wt&goodsid=112

Is this ok to start off with?
Old 10-28-2012, 02:34 AM   #515
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

should be ok .i think you should be able to play around with prop sizes to get max speed. if you have someone throw the pkj hard enough and power up slowly you'll avoid torque roll effect. just watch out if you toss powered up that your friend gets his/her hand clear asap. pusher prop birds bite!

post a vid if you can......i'd love watching a few pkj vids...

Old 11-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #516
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

what a beautiful day flying today!!! funjet twice,parkjet twice and video to boot!3dhsslick 3times,uproar twice.loved it all.

this parkjet is by far the best setup yet even though i still have to get the Dons wicked 3000kv on 4cells up without crashing. now i am ready to try the stinger as my new 2200mah 25c zippies arrived finally. also got airtime with the 3dhs slick that uses the same batteries as the stinger. what a great day. these vids are poor quality so i'll only post one. sorry for the jittery head movement as the keychain camera is velcroed to the visor of my hat and it could have been aligned better. the first minute is up high triming the flight,so skip it if you want to get to the better flybys. i really need to find out how to add music, but for now.......heres the uncut version........

Old 11-11-2012, 01:36 AM   #517
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

second flight was harder to follow ....but just as fast. i will be giving the gopro silver worn on a head band thats made for it.

it should provide better grafics i hope. i really do want to get a better system for videoing flights both from the ground and from the air.

tobydogrc uploaded a video 39 minutes ago
4:56
SUNP0004

No views hk pkj 11/10/12 second flight

Old 11-11-2012, 05:08 AM   #518
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

As I'm in China at moment - they block Youtube ............ so cannot link to mine nor see others ............ tried VPN ... that's blocked also.

Oh well .. I'm due to fly out back to Singapore on 16th ... then hopefully back home ...

Nigel

Old 11-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #519
Brick
small Member

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
As I'm in China at moment - they block Youtube .....
that sounds kinda crazy....seen lots of vids from "China" ....errrr maybe that was Japan ?
Old 11-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #520
Beemerider

Mine arrived in the mail yesterday. I think I've been hitting the "buy" key too often lately. My unbuilt kits are starting to accumulate. I either need to buy less or build faster.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #521
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

I'm with you Beemer,

Have a second Rare Bear, a Christen Eagle foamie, Yak-54,and a Sept Fury. No time, but can't resist a good deal either.

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 11-15-2012, 02:46 AM   #522
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

the need for speed bug is breeding! welcome beemerider!you'v been bitten

if this makes your heart beat faster,just wait till the pkj is in the air

Old 11-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #523
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Look out - I'm on way home !!

Nigel

Old 11-17-2012, 03:24 AM   #524
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

Nigel,just finished soldering the deans connector on the new batteries and have a bunch to charge up for the other birds going to the field. i plan on doing 2 runs funjet,5 runs pkj4[3cell 1300mah 30c]using 3 new battteries and 2 older ones. i will try to get a few vids and maybe get them dopplered. i'll try to get the good old bunch a buds hanging in the air 3d'ing to be quiet for fly bys on the vid.

but i really hope when the new 2200mah zippies are charged and loaded into the stinger she'll fly straight away using the bungee. i now don't mind flying the jets with others in the air and kinda like having the end of the field for bungee launching to myself.

still need to solder deans connectors on the 4 cells that will be used in pkj3 with the 3000kv motor.

welcome back home my friend and do get started on the twin pkj....this is one i gotta see!

Old 11-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #525
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Just stuck in Amsterdam airport at moment - expect another 12hrs travel.
Hope to be on the TPKJ tmrw - will post photos as i put together.

Nigel

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets