Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 11-18-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
rags

Friends: (0)
Default LiPo Question

I am looking for thoughts on this;
I have a lipo 2S 300 mAh that is fully charged. An under load tester shows 8.4V with no load; 7.94 with 0.5A load. This battery will not bind the Rx. IE Tx on plug in the Batt and the little light just flashed. With any 1 of 5 other Batteries and the light is solid and the model is happy. Same issue with 2 different models, UMX Beast and Sbach. What is different about this battery?

Thanks,

RG
Old 11-18-2012, 01:53 AM   #2
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Club: Somerset Signal Senders & GCA
Awards Showcase

1kW 
Friends: (10)

Originally Posted by rags View Post
I am looking for thoughts on this;
I have a lipo 2S 300 mAh that is fully charged. An under load tester shows 8.4V with no load; 7.94 with 0.5A load. This battery will not bind the Rx. IE Tx on plug in the Batt and the little light just flashed. With any 1 of 5 other Batteries and the light is solid and the model is happy. Same issue with 2 different models, UMX Beast and Sbach. What is different about this battery?

Thanks,

RG
Bad connector, maybe? In any case, I would discard the battery. Even if you get it to work, who knows if it's going to fail during flight. And you don't want that, believe me!

AMA #959089
Old 11-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
rags

Friends: (0)
Default LiPo Question

Thanks - even the connector doesn't make sense because its the same connector that the charger is seeing and that the load meter is seeing. Guess thus is just one for the books.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (7)

Yeah, it doesn't really make any logical sense why a Rx shouldn't bind when powered by a certain battery, providing the battery is supplying enough voltage to power the BEC (which it seems to be according to your readings)

Some questions:
  • If you bind the Rx with another battery, and then you put this 'funny' battery in, does the receiver and servos work as per normal?
  • Have you repeated the test a few times to rule out coincidence?

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers