Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
widd

View widd's Gallery2
Club: Not in any club was in the northwick model flying club many many years ogo
Send a message via Skype™ to widd
Friends: (2)
Default Advice

Hi folks,
I havent been active for a number of years but Ive got the bug again, went and bought a Parrot Ar drone to fly with my android phone thats good fun, have been given a HZ super cub that is on 27mhz should I do away with 27 and go for 35 mhz or do you think its a good idea to convert my Optic6 to 2.4 ghz remembering of course that I'm a silly old foolThanks for any replies
Old 10-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
quorneng
Super Contributor

Club: A lone flyer!
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (7)

The chances are 27mHz would be ok but it is still used by others and the receivers are not likely to be as good at 'filtering' as good 35mHz gear.
You are more likely to suffer from electrical interference from the plane itself on 35 than 2.4 but on the plus side you are now rather less likely to 'get shot' down by other 35 users simply because there are fewer of them.
At a scale meet briefing last week when asked 'who was on 35' only two of us put up our hands!
I would see how you go on 35 and move to 2.4 as and when you expand your fleet. Do remember that, unlike 35, there is no standard for 2.4. Each manufacturer has their own system.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

2.4 is the way to go period. 27 is now a CB radio frequency. Many clubs areoving to 2.4 only. With spread spectrum frequency hopping there are no interference
problems.Bite the bullet

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 10-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,109 Times in 2,019 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (305)

nothing wrong with 35Mhz, its full range, it will be the least expensive way to go, receivers are expensive for the 2.4 stuff, if you do go to 2.4, IMHO stay away from the Parkflier receivers and use the full range receivers, the park flier receivers are prone to short range and masking, its just good insurance to use a full range receiver with 2.4 Also if you use a 2.4 receiver, use a UBEC to help to prevent a low voltage brown out problem.

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 10-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
widd

View widd's Gallery2
Club: Not in any club was in the northwick model flying club many many years ogo
Send a message via Skype™ to widd
Friends: (2)

Thanks for info I think then its stay with 35mhz I think I got a bit carried away everybody seems to be on 2.4 but as you say there is nothing wrong with 35 I have never had any problem with it plus I'm not in any club so the only flying i do is on my own ( thats me Billy no mates LoL )
Old 11-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Club: Long Island Silent Flyers
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)

I don't know how it is in the UK, but I have flown many 27 MHz aircraft without issue. And the system in the ParkZone Super Cub works well.

Normal frequency control is required, just as it would be for 35 or 72 MHz.

Long Island Silent Flyers
www.lisf.org
Eastern Soaring League
www.flyesl.org

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners