Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 11-20-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
Big Johnny
Master Of The Crash

Club: SMAC
Friends: (2)
Default Woo Hoo We Had Fun!!

My youngest son (9 years old) had a cheap Wally World Grave Digger R/C Monster Truck that gave upper the ghost. We modified that bad boy. We exchanged the stock 600 Brushed motor with a Outrunner I had in the Goodie box, modified the front steering with a 3004 Futaba Servo with ball joint tie rods, 50 amp esc (I have to order one with reverse) a 3s1p 2200 30C Lipo (fit perfect in battery box) I used a Hobby City (Orange RX) & my DX7. I runs like. Raped Ape now!!! I thought him how to solder wires (not to shabby for the first time) and use shrink wrap & how the wiring and RX worked. It has so much power now that a full throttle the not so soft tires spin even while going flat out. (More power than traction) Did I mention how much fun we had making "Super Grave Digger" together. He now wants a "Baja Bug" he saw in the Tower Catalog. We might get a couple so we race.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:01 AM   #2
Don Sims
Administrator

View Don Sims's Gallery5
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (39)

Sounds like a lot of fun and bonding time!

Take care and thanks for posting at WattFlyer!!

Don
Old 11-20-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,181 Times in 2,088 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (314)
Talking More power

Thats what your suppose to do Give it More POWER More power is always more fun take care and have fun, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 11-20-2012, 05:30 AM   #4
Whiskers

Friends: (0)

This makes me happy. Good to see people spending quality time with their kids and both of you enjoying it. Plus you got his brain working too. PLUS you got a sweet modded truck out of it. Was a good day it would appear!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:25 AM   #5
Beemerider

Club: Augusta County RC Club
Friends: (1)

Can you put some wings on it?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
Dereck
Super Contributor

Friends: (0)

Couple of my old flying buddies back in England used to tow a small glider up using a RC panel van. No idea on the van's spec, but the glider was around 36" span, lightweight two channel. The towline was a length of thin fishing chord, around 100 feet long, tied onto the back of the truck, with a loop to fit on the glider's towhook.

They'd set the buggy off upwind until the glider end of the line was at their feet. Hook up the glider, take up the slack by powering up the truck, then the glider pilot would take a few steps to give the glider some airspeed while keeping the line taut before letting it loose. It would climb to almost atop the RC van, then the pilot would dive to slack the towline and pull off to fly around some.

The truck driver would do a steady, wide turn so the tow line followed the truck in a circle, back downwind past himself and another 180 around his feet so the truck could pull the line out upwind again in time for the glider pilot to do a hand-catch landing and be ready to go again.

Saw them do this at model meets with all sorts of other categories of models - they always brought the house down, it was so much fun to watch.

D

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions