Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > General RC items For Sale and WTB
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General RC items For Sale and WTB List tools, RC simulators and any other RC related item that is generally classified

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #1
Saucerguy2
Super Contributor

Friends: (13)
Default RC Plane Build and Repair Service.

I've opted to offer this service publicly entirely due to the fact, I just love building planes and have all my life and it would be cool to do this for others. The idea here is if you have a kit or ARF you need complete and aren't into building yourself, or find it too intimidating, I'll be able to accomodate. If your current bird is too much for you to rebuild, I can do that as well, I see too many that are very easy to repair, yet people tossing them away.

Keep in the context, if you are looking for a cheaper or better way of getting around the traditional Chinese made ARF's with one particular model, I may not be able to surpass them, but I'll do my best and who knows, I may indeed do it, but that is not what this service is being offered for currently.

Fee's and Terms are negotiable and upon a case by case basis, especially with scratch builds of which I love to do from time to time in house regardless.

I have a business license classified as a manufacturer and references in that field and a dedicated shop for it as well, so have facilities specifically for that purpose alone. I'm still building planes using the same tools most of us have on hand, but that may change if this service turns out to be popular for me and may indeed go much more mainstream with it all from there to offer even more services such as lazer and cnc type construction/kitting.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
max2112
Super Contributor

View max2112's Gallery59
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Default MMMMmmmm.... Good idea

SaucerGuy,
That's a pretty neat idea. I bet you will get enough business to keep you busy! Do you have an idea of a price range?
For example, If I bought shipped this kit to you with all of the hardware, motor, ESC, servos, and RCVR - how much do you think that might cost?

Bird Dog

I am asking just to give the other board members an idea of pricing.
Good luck,
John
Old 06-23-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
Saucerguy2
Super Contributor

Default Ballpark

Ok, the tissue is not going to be part of it, I'm thinking solite for this one, ultracoat for most projects though, it's a weak airframe so can't handle much tension, If you want tissue, it's going to cost more due to the pain in the butt factor and you are just die hard about insisting upon using it, but will leave the latter out of the quote, yet not throw it out of the picture since I grew up using that stuff on planes.

Day one, if it's actually a correct kit, they put precision into the the lazer cuts, bones are done and covering is 1/2 applied. Day two, it's covered, the gear is in and testing and it's ready to package up given I have everything necessary on hand with what you sent, I'd charge 100.00 flat rate if you want to just put me on the spot, on the fly like this. The costs can go down and the time frame can expanded given I'm in new ground here if you want to work with me, but this is a hypothetical request so am trying to convey more data here then I would normally just to show a general perspective about it all.

The bottom line, I gotta see the gear and kit in person and get input from others prior to give the best quote and having done one of that manufacturer in the past is going to give me the best route to quote from in this manner. In the end, I will take a loss on the charges, just give me some leniency on the time frame if it's not what it's advertized kit wise and I have to make up for the discrepencies.

With the current one, I'm looking at it knowing, it's above par or it wouldn't be there at that dealer, so don't consider it to be something that's going to pose any concern risk wise and would likely enjoy building it unabated for anybody especially since it's a lazer cut kit, which are really easier to handle then die cut. I'm staying conservative with these for now price wise and terms, it goes down the more I do from what's set up on the market since I'll have jigs specifically set up for construction of them on that particular model.

Now, if they only did the basics, and I'm doing alot of custom work to get it all done, ie. have to manually carve out stuff, that's adding alot more work and time into the equasion, so it's as stated before, a case by case scenereo, I've scratch built things that took less work then the kit equivelant in the past.

As of now, if you just sent it over, said, what is it going to cost to do this, I'd assess it, give you a flat rate, upon agreement, build it and ask for compensation after you inspected it first hand complete and are happy with it, then we'd take care of billing and move forward if you have other things you needed to be built. Detailed photo's of it all broken down also can help in this area quote wise before you ship. This is off of the top of my head folks, I just wanted to show a prompt response with the question, as I would with any potential client. I'll look more into that mfg. and be sure to chat with them in depth if there is a direct need with that particular one and do additional research as to their wares should the demand warrent it.

Brian
Old 06-23-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
max2112
Super Contributor

View max2112's Gallery59
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Post Cool.

Thanks for the answer Brian.
That sounds like a very fair way to do it.

It seems like we have enough folks on the board with hectic lifestyles that you should get some takers pretty soon.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:24 AM   #5
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,162 Times in 2,070 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (311)

That sounds like a great idea SaucerGuy, I think I might know of a person in need of your RC Building Services, I will PM you with the details, take care, Chellie
Old 06-24-2007, 06:27 AM   #6
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 

yes i was right he will contact you shortly, Take care, chellie

Ps I may not always be Right, but I am Never wrong
Old 06-24-2007, 06:30 AM   #7
xuzme720
c'mere Monkey

Location: Just North of Houston.Heard of Dayton? I didn't think so...
Send a message via Yahoo to xuzme720
Friends: (8)

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
yes i was right he will contact you shortly, Take care, chellie

Ps I may not always be Right, but I am Never wrong
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken!:<

Just call me X! (or Gary works, too.)
Another signature landing! Somebody help me find all the pieces...

Old 06-24-2007, 07:00 AM   #8
Balil
foam murderer :D

Friends: (2)

WHY ARENT YOU PEOPLE IN THE CHAT?! im sitting in there all by my intoxicated lonesome with no one to talk to

what goes up, must come down! *looks around* sometimes they come down harder than we intend
Old 06-24-2007, 12:12 PM   #9
Saucerguy2
Super Contributor

Default They are all building planes

I don't mind the thread being a little silly, it's all good.

Thanks for your help Chellie, as per the live chat converstation and PM's, I can very much say to anybody that asks you are one smart cookie. !!!
Old 06-24-2007, 06:40 PM   #10
xuzme720
c'mere Monkey

Location: Just North of Houston.Heard of Dayton? I didn't think so...
Send a message via Yahoo to xuzme720
Friends: (8)

good answer SG! I personally love building. sometimes I think I'd rather be building than flying...well, almost!

Just call me X! (or Gary works, too.)
Another signature landing! Somebody help me find all the pieces...

Old 06-24-2007, 08:10 PM   #11
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Hi SaucerGuy I think you are going to be a very busy person here very soon building planes, I have seen your builds and they are all very very nice, just make sure to leave yourself some time for flying enjoy the rest of the weekend, Chellie
Old 11-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #12
rcflyboy

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by Saucerguy2 View Post
I've opted to offer this service publicly entirely due to the fact, I just love building planes and have all my life and it would be cool to do this for others. The idea here is if you have a kit or ARF you need complete and aren't into building yourself, or find it too intimidating, I'll be able to accomodate. If your current bird is too much for you to rebuild, I can do that as well, I see too many that are very easy to repair, yet people tossing them away.

Keep in the context, if you are looking for a cheaper or better way of getting around the traditional Chinese made ARF's with one particular model, I may not be able to surpass them, but I'll do my best and who knows, I may indeed do it, but that is not what this service is being offered for currently.

Fee's and Terms are negotiable and upon a case by case basis, especially with scratch builds of which I love to do from time to time in house regardless.

I have a business license classified as a manufacturer and references in that field and a dedicated shop for it as well, so have facilities specifically for that purpose alone. I'm still building planes using the same tools most of us have on hand, but that may change if this service turns out to be popular for me and may indeed go much more mainstream with it all from there to offer even more services such as lazer and cnc type construction/kitting.
where are you located?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #13
FlyWheel
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton

View FlyWheel's Gallery5
Club: Lancaster County Fliers
Friends: (3)
Default MMMMmmmm.... Good idea +1

Originally Posted by max2112 View Post
SaucerGuy,
That's a pretty neat idea. I bet you will get enough business to keep you busy! Do you have an idea of a price range?
For example, If I bought shipped this kit to you with all of the hardware, motor, ESC, servos, and RCVR - how much do you think that might cost?

Bird Dog

I am asking just to give the other board members an idea of pricing.
Good luck,
John
I have actually though of doing something like that myself, more than once in fact; I enjoy building so much more than flying. Unfortunately regardless of how much enthusiasm I put into building a plane, as soon as it successfully takes to the air I find my interest starts to wane almost immediately*.

I would say start with the price of the kit/materials and then add whatever you think your labor would be worth, depending on the difficult of the build and how complete you finish it. I would add shipping separate however, as a 30"WS parkie is going to cost you a hell of a lot less to ship than a 3M sailer.

*That of course assumes I don't have another ready to build...

"Give a man a plane and he'll fly for a day.
Teach a man to build a plane and he'll fly for a lifetime"
Old 11-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
BroncoSquid
Workin on it...

Club: Bill G fan club!
Friends: (4)

Originally Posted by rcflyboy View Post
where are you located?
Ummmm.... This thread is 5 YEARS old, saucer guy hasn't posted here seince 2008. Good chance you are not going to hear back.....sorry.

I'm either going to get good at flying em, or get good at fixin em!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #15
Jasper

Friends: (0)

Hey Saucerguy,
I have avery new Aeroworks Extra 300. .60-.90 size I need repaired. I have been doing my own repair and I am not very good at it.
If your services are still available I may be interested.
Thank you HD
Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #16
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Hey Saucerguy,
I have avery new Aeroworks Extra 300. .60-.90 size I need repaired. I have been doing my own repair and I am not very good at it.
If your services are still available I may be interested.
Thank you HD
This is a old thread, and SG hasn't been on here for a long time.
Just keep repairing and asking for advice you will become great at the repairs.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > General RC items For Sale and WTB