Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 11-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #526
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Why bother with the catapult launcher when you can have rocket power assist?

http://youtu.be/UNNeysg_5sU

Just Razzin you guys !

-Hawk
Old 11-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #527
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)

hawk,i just returned from the field after trying your rocket idea. what a bad idea it was.

seems i forgot the club flies off 40 achers of grass covered refuse dump closed 20 years ago. it looked just like a country club golf coarse.

wish i had remembered that we were flying on 40 achers of refuse methane!!!!! the whole hill blew up leaving me and my ex flying buddies standing there with black soot faces.

before picture:in attached thumnail.........

after

i'm looking for a new flying site now

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hog build pictures 263.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	164185  

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:06 AM   #528
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

hello pkj gang and fellow speed freaks. i was so psyched for flying the pkj today. i flew the uproar once and then bungeed the funjet. all great fun.

then went to fly the funjet again but controls weren't working so i assumed they was something wrong with the funjet.

set up the pkj and of coarse the transmitter's 2.4 module has a green light on but didn't bind with the plane. i knew there was something wrong last week and thought it was fixed.clearly i was wrong. i'm just glad i wasn't flying when the tx quit. i'm 98%sure its the module and have ordered another one from hk ,so should be up and flying in a few weeks.this is the first time i ever used ems shipping....for an extra 12 bucks i hope it gets here sooner.

sad to say the stinger was going up after the pkj for a maiden but happy nothing crashed today.

so come on gang!!let get some reports of pkjs flying..post pictures and vids . post mods made to increase the speed. nigel,glad your home and building the twin to really show how much abuse these lil airfeame can support while screaming thru the sky.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 11-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #529
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Got home and into hospital ... had xrays but cannot find what's wrong ... so waiting for MRI now ... I have continuous headache and bad right side neck and shoulder ... we think maybe a damaged disc or a trapped nerve ...

So for a couple of days - I'm laying low at home ... I really feel terrible.

Stu - What radio is that you're having trouble with ?

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 11-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #530
stevecooper
Super Contributor

View stevecooper's Gallery86
Club: Mullet Mauroders
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (88)

Hope you feel better soon!! bubsteve

Monkey Minion'air
Old 11-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #531
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Nigel,

We've taken a vote here on WF, 52-40 Get better's ! LOL

Seriously, I hope a few days laying low helps.

-Hawk
Old 11-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #532
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

hey Nigel,the only way your going to feel better is to get your ol lady to carry ya out to the field and set up the launcher so you can fly while resting in the recliner she also brought out. this is a great time for her to learn fueling up and packing batteries in planes and launching them for you.,,,,,.fly afew hr's then go home and take a nap while she posts the vids on you tube.[we can dream can't we].jk

seriously,take it easy bud! rest up and get well.

the transmitter i use is the hitech optic 6 with the spectrum module in the back. i switched out to the hk assan 2.4 module. it's been the best for years and recently the red light on the back of the module wouldn't turn green. i check it out by wiggling it and the green light came on. i read that the pins in the TX that go into the module can have poor contact some times ,so i checked it out and thought all was well. i opened the module in the back and checked for issues and really feel it's the problem. new one on order and if needed i can order the new optic 6 with out Rx's or servos for $175. i have approx 15 + planes wired to the assan rx;s and they up to now fly flawlessly so won't be changing now even though i may p/u the 9x turnigy like you did to hold a few of these birds in its memory.

Part No: 15824X

Click to view larger image

Additional Views

Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #533
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

The only issue I have with the bare-bones 9x as i bought for second radio ... factory has altered that pin mount in the module bay of Tx. Previous the pins were just pins ... so FrSky, Assan, Corona etc. all fitted as well as factory own FlySky.
Now the pins have an extended plastic mount that is proud about 2mm ... now this sits into FlySky module fine as it has a recess - but FrSky and others done ... so that plastic has to be removed. I did it with a soldering iron - not the most elegant way - but it works !

Original FlySky :

Turnigy :

Pins now modified to accept FrSky module (not pretty but it works !)

Maybe one day I'll dremel it properly ...

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 11-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #534
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

I've thought about it and I think I will start a new thread on the TWIN PKJ !!

Need For Speed Extreme Parkjet Twin !!

Nigel

Old 11-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #535
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

With the PKJ2 becoming the twin experimental PKJ(T) ... I will see about ressurecting PKJ1 and fit the single motor gear ....... will take a bit of work as she's pretty rough ... but seems a shame that she did so good getting the 222 and then just hangs in the den ....

Nigel

PS - have a look at my new thread on the PKJ twin ....

Old 11-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #536
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

nigel,as you know ,i'll be watching the pkjt thread very closely and rooting for you to set the bar for speed even higher than 222kph.

i'm leaving to take the family over to a friends house to share thanksgiving dinner with them and there kids[their kids are young adults like my kids and are best friends..i'v been online with several forums enjoying the day off from work.

i just wanted to share the rcspeedo doppler down load works on my daughters ipad version1and i will be able to post my fly by pass speeds recorded from both directions down the field to get an average speed to share with all the speed freaks here at wattflyer.

my transmitters new 2.4 module is shipped and hopefully the extra cost of ems shipping ='s having it in hand in 2 weeks. torture waiting now that i have a new toy to record speed. i may even try having someone use the radar gun as my last few runs with the pkj and funjet resulted in being able to fly closer to the flight line. at least if i also have to replace the hitech optic 6 it won't take weeks to recieve.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #537
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

The "Evil Twin" sits across the room looking at me ...

Problem is my health ... I am flying but I feel so bad, its an effort. You may notice in the vids of the F16 and Edge racer - my voice is terrible.

Second is the motors are just too much and I'm actually scared of the thing !!

I need to be top of the ball for this .. so it will have to wait a bit for me to feel better...

Nigel

Old 11-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #538
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Nigel,

Don't let yourself slip into a case of pneumonia. Happened to me and I was in ICU for a week. At our age, we should not be counting green bananas. LOL
Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #539
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
Nigel,

Don't let yourself slip into a case of pneumonia. Happened to me and I was in ICU for a week. At our age, we should not be counting green bananas. LOL
Cheers mate ............ just sitting here at moment waiting a guy who just bought one of my boats .. becoming a right PITA !! Wish I'd never sold it ! And in front of me are 12 models all waiting to fly .... not counting the helicopters.

Nigel

Old 11-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #540
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

Well I am going to join the ParkJet club but Nigel I fear you won't approve. I am going the "other" direction. I have a hot little 25g motor and will use a light 3s 1000 mAh pack. That motor on other planes with a 5.25 X 6.25 APCe prop has proven to be one excellent performer.

With ultra light servos and RX I should be able to get 8-9oz or so. I am guessing that my setup will go pretty well.

With that nice over square prop I usually get about 80mph on my sleek planes but can see what this yields.

Should be close to a whopping 110w or so. LOL!

Mike
Old 11-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #541
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Mike,

Sounds like a winner. I've been using the Grayson V2 and V2 Mega on my "prop in the slot" foamies. I think the equivalant 2200 series Microdan is faster. Interesting prop selection. Interested in hearing the results. I've been using APC 6x4e's and MAS 6x4e's on these planes but they don't anywhere near 80mph. Maybe 50 top end.

Guy at the field with his custom , homemade Styker(s) running 5S . Did not get motor size or KV value. He clocked at 150mph+ Too scary for me.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #542
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 

Yea it is that 6.25" pitch that helps get em going faster.

I am always shocked at guys using 4" pitch on go fast planes. Makes no sense. The 5.25x6.25 will be VISIBLY faster than a 6x4 and about the same (maybe a bit more) amp draw.

Mike
Old 11-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #543
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Thanks Mike,

I'll give it a try on the F-22 with a Grayson V2. Keeping that same ratio with an 8 or 9 inch dia. prop for my PZ T-28 Do you have a recommendation? Have it running on 4S w/50 amp esc. Hurc 450 motor. Can't seem to find Nirvanna yet. Sounds like a trip to Roys.

-Hawk
Old 11-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #544
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 

What is the KV of the motor?
Old 11-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #545
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Originally Posted by rcers View Post
What is the KV of the motor?

Emax 2820/07 970KV for the T-28. Recommended prop size if 10-11 in. dia. but there's not enough ground clearance

The Grayson V2(2212/06) is a 2200 kv motor

Thanks,

Hawk
Old 11-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #546
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 

Emax 2820/07 970KV for the T-28. Recommended prop size if 10-11 in. dia. but there's not enough ground clearance

The Grayson V2(2212/06) is a 2200 kv motor

Thanks,

Hawk
Try an 8x8 on 4s with that motor see what you get. It is a draggy plane so don't expect a pylon racer.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #547
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Thanks Mike,

Didn't mean to get off topic on this thread with a T-28 question. I'll try it and I'll try the 5.25" x 6.25" on the F-22 and report the results. Could be relevant to the PKJ. Lot of bite.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #548
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

mike ,welcome to the hk pkj fun. i really like the way the pkj tears up the sky and turns heads on flybys...lol. been getting all kinds of compliments on them and now i look forward to hearing how your pkj flys.

i got the 2.4 module replacement for my tx and now i ordered a new optic 6 transmitter thaats on back order at toms rc in calif. its about $60 cheaper than other online shops and the other shops were also out of stock. heres hopeing i'll be dopplering the jets real soon.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #549
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Did anyone try to take advantage of HK's Cyber Monday event? They had hourly deals going on. Great prices, free shipping deals, etc. One problem: They're site kept crashing. Must have been overloaded. I finally managed to order one 2450 3S 30C Turnigy from the US site. Whew ! Glad that's over.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:01 AM   #550
Beemerider

Club: Augusta County RC Club
Friends: (1)

Did anyone try to take advantage of HK's Cyber Monday event? They had hourly deals going on. Great prices, free shipping deals, etc. One problem: They're site kept crashing. Must have been overloaded. I finally managed to order one 2450 3S 30C Turnigy from the US site. Whew ! Glad that's over.

I tried to. Like you I found it difficult to get on there. When I was able I really didn't see anything I couldn't live without.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets