Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-01-2012, 04:43 AM   #1
gotta_fly

Friends: (0)
Default ME-262

Hi All,
I found this on web, it is Dynams new ME-262.
Ed

Old 08-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #2
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

A beauty! If it's anything like their Turbojet twin EDF bizjet I've been flying for a while now, it should be great!

-sigh!- If only I had more money... and a bigger garage.... and an understanding wife...
Old 08-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
startazz

Friends: (2)

Yeah i can remember that video when they first posted it,i'm looking forward to a review of it too.

I've been waiting for a sweet Me 262 and this one looks like it could be the one,just need it to come to the UK some time and then i'll have to put the blinkers on the missus.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Looks like a beaute ! Wish I had a retract friendly field.

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 09-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
FresnoJay
Big foamie lover!

Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  1kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (1)

Dunno if you guys are also on RCG or not but this plane has a rather lengthy thread over there. Seems to be a great plane and I just got my own yesterday. Should be starting the build this afternoon. Would be willing to post pics or suggestions if you don't use RCG.

Jason
Old 09-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #6
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

Well, I consider myself more of a Wattflyer than an RCG'er, but if it saves you some hastle, maybe you could just post links to your RCG posts there if that's where you'll put your pics and such. Appreciate it.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #7
earthsciteach

Friends: (5)

She is definitely a fine looking foamy. Today, completely out of the blue, my wife looked at me and said, "No buying airplanes or airplane stuff this week!" So many planes, so little time, so much less money...

All of my landings are three point landings if you count the spinner, too
Old 09-28-2012, 03:25 AM   #8
pattern14
Super Contributor

Friends: (8)

Pity that S&B no longer produce their scale EPP Me 262 with pusher set up. It eats EDF's for breakfast, flies in big winds, and is near indestructable The high Australian dollar and cheap beer cooler foam ARf's killed it off. Nice looking product from Dynam though.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:59 AM   #9
FresnoJay
Big foamie lover!

Awards Showcase

Xmech, I check back and forth between here and there so its no problem to post on here. I am having an issue with the gear and my Airtronics radio. I have a RDS8000 and apparently after searching have found that Dynam E-Tracts do not like to play nice with ANY Airtronics radio's. So I am shooting emails and such everywhere I can to try and resolve it. I really do not want to replace gear that should work fine right out of the box.

Over all though the plane is very nice. Not too fond of their modern day fighter pilot but that is an easy fix. Finish of the plane is nice. Fit is also nice, just a very light bit of sanding on the sprue's to be perfect.

Will try to get some pics tomorrow as the plane is still sitting on its nacelle's on the build table. I might mention the table is a 5' one in the middle of the garage. Its a beast of a plane.

Jason
Old 09-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #10
FresnoJay
Big foamie lover!

Awards Showcase

Here are a couple pics on the table.

Jason

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Me262 001.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	162927
Click image for larger version

Name:	Me262 009.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	162928
Old 09-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
pattern14
Super Contributor

Those wing tips are definitely not scale, but should help the 262 tip stall issue. The scale ones tend to drop a wing in turns and are not fond of slowing down. Be nice if you could get just the bare airframe and fit your own gear.......
Old 10-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
FresnoJay
Big foamie lover!

Awards Showcase

Ok just a bit of an update. I was able to get the maiden plus 2 more flights in on sunday.

This plane flies awesome!!! Take off is a non-event and roll was maybe 50-75' from stop. Power is perfect from where I stand on 4S 4000 40C Sky Lipo. I only flew for about 3 min and after the 3 flights figure I could go to 3:30 with a small go around reserve on these packs. I would recommend using the biggest battery you can get a hold of as I did have to add 3.75oz of lead to balance at 115mm which is the front end of the manuals cg range. I plan on doing this as the extra weight may as well be gas tank . At this cg the plane on take off would break ground when ready with no input then climb out at a shallow maybe 10-15 degrees. Giving plenty of time to bring the gear up before needing to mess with anything. 4 clicks of down and 2 clicks of right trim were needed, but that may be because of just slightly off center surfaces that my eye ball missed.

In flight she handles like a big trainer, just a good bit faster. I flew at mostly half throttle but did throw in some WOT passes and climb outs. At half throttle she cruises along with no worries of stalling or being sluggish. She rolls very cleanly with no wobble, pretty axial. At half she will still climb out rather nicely. But at WOT she has quite a bit of vertical and really comes alive. Speed I would say is in the mid 90's at WOT but considering her size that is not that bad for stock. In the turns she holds her nose up with just a small bit of help from the elevator. So nothing serious there.

Landings that worried me the most were a non-event as well. Line up depending on your altitude cut power at runway threshold holding a slight bit of up and she glides right in. She bleeds speed nicely once power is reduced making approaches a breeze.

Now for the info on those pesky E-tracts. I chose to replace them even those NitroPlanes did offer to replace them. But at the risk of holding up the build and getting a set of the same wont work with my radio retracts I replaced them with PZ-15090m E-tracts. These not only worked with my radio they were a bit of an upgrade as they have metal trunions. The plus is that they are also a drop in no cutting fit for the stock gear. The only thing that needed to be done was to drill them out to take the stock struts. Which was really no big deal and only took about 2 minutes at most per trunion. Well worth it imho.

So in my words this plane is well worth it. No bad habits or tendencies. Plenty of power stock. In all it really flies like a big trainer, just faster and ALOT cooler.

Jason
Old 10-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #13
JFandL

He is a video of mine flying

John
Video Link :
Old 10-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
max2112
Super Contributor

View max2112's Gallery59
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (13)

Originally Posted by JFandL View Post
She's a beauty for sure, John! Great flying too.

Please call me John. I came up w/ Max2112 when I thought you were all internet predators after me Lucky Charms!!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #15
pattern14
Super Contributor

Default Not for that price!

Enquired about buying one of these bare bones from the factory, but not even a cursory reply. Then I looked at buying one from the U.S distributor that was advertised on the the R/C groups website. Plane plus postage, minus electronics was in excess of $350.00, shipped to Australia No thanks...
Old 11-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #16
gotta_fly

Hey all,
I just took mine out of the box on Saturday night. I have it sitting next to the B-25 I just picked up.
Now all I need is ...TIME!!!!
GF..Ed
Old 11-25-2012, 11:44 PM   #17
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery82
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (17)

Seems to fly better than the GWS. You couldn't take off, turn hard, and land the GWS at those low speeds that smoothly from my memory.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #18
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

This one has good reviews as do most of the planes in the Dynam line-up. I love civilian twins and just bought the Dynam C310, aka, Sky King's plane. The 262 is in my bucket list !

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 12-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #19
phil worth

I have 2 of the rascals .one in standard format the other fitted with the firing/reciol unit from a heng long 1/16 th tank. It is an easy conversion and avoids the 3 0z of lead that the standard one needs to correct the c/g.
"with a magazine of 20 rounds, in your own time begin" at 15 yards I hit Jonny the salesman at least 6 times, top fun! I will post some pics of it in its raw state, not sure if to do it as the prototype or a service version.
The kit is excellent apart from the c/g shown, mine is perfect at 105mm horrible at 115mm the 'y' leads are fit only for indoor stuff. I have fitted some oleos from HK looks lovely! I have also put a hole through the rear of the nose wheel bay and a couple on the fus aft of the wing for cooling. Separate 2s 1000ma lipo for the radio gear and a 8a regulator completes her . Kannonvogel-tastic!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #20
JFandL

Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
Seems to fly better than the GWS. You couldn't take off, turn hard, and land the GWS at those low speeds that smoothly from my memory.
It flys alot better than the GWS, I still have a GWS in the box and after getting this its going to stay there.

John
Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #21
pattern14
Super Contributor

Default It all depends

It flys alot better than the GWS, I still have a GWS in the box and after getting this its going to stay there.

John
Nearly finished my GWS 262, and reading some of the build forums here and in RCGroups, it seems the set up makes for a world of difference. Not sure how you would compare the two if yours is still in the box, but I guess you've had one before, and are happier with the Dynam one. Extremerc built a GWS with a 4s power train that he is very happy with, and added some extra tweaks here and there, so modding appears to be worth it. My S&B Me 262 pusher prop is blisteringly fast and eats EDF's for breakfast, as well as being great in the wind, but I'm keen to see how the GWS turns out. On a side note, it's strange how you never see WW2 Gloster Meteors or p80's produced commercially, and rarely as scratchbuilds. They were in active service for decades after the war ended, where as the 262 was operational for about 7 months. Avia built some post war, but they were not used operationally to the best of my knowledge. Be good if someone would bring out a Meteor EDF to dice with the 262
Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #22
phil worth

The Gws 262 is fine just dont use the gws motors. I have had 4 of them all "red13" Heinz Bar's favourite mount. He was shot down 18 times 3 of mine have gone to "volthallah" so maybe not lucky 13 after all.
I paint my non epo gws models in a coat of "poly-c" a water based resin it prevents hanger rash and adds strength as well for very little weight penalty. If you airbrush the finish it gives a far better result than applying straight to the foam.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #23
phil worth

P.S Green air designs do a couple of "Meat boxes" really great flyers as well and cheap!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #24
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery82
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (17)

Originally Posted by pattern14 View Post
Nearly finished my GWS 262, and reading some of the build forums here and in RCGroups, it seems the set up makes for a world of difference. Not sure how you would compare the two if yours is still in the box, but I guess you've had one before, and are happier with the Dynam one. Extremerc built a GWS with a 4s power train that he is very happy with, and added some extra tweaks here and there, so modding appears to be worth it. My S&B Me 262 pusher prop is blisteringly fast and eats EDF's for breakfast, as well as being great in the wind, but I'm keen to see how the GWS turns out. On a side note, it's strange how you never see WW2 Gloster Meteors or p80's produced commercially, and rarely as scratchbuilds. They were in active service for decades after the war ended, where as the 262 was operational for about 7 months. Avia built some post war, but they were not used operationally to the best of my knowledge. Be good if someone would bring out a Meteor EDF to dice with the 262
The lager span probably has a lot to do with the Dynam flying better. My 262 actually flew well until the BEC quit, but it would not fly as well or take off at the low speed of the Dynam. I wouldn't want one any heavier than necessary however. They're difficult to build any lighter, as they need a large batt/lead in the nose. If I did another, I'd think about making extremely light tail feathers and using a light 50mm setup, where I may have a chance of balancing the plane with an 1800mah in the nose. I still have another with Hyperion Y22s motors in 50mm Microfans, but never got around to flying it yet.

The Meteor is really overdue. I would expect someone to make a foamy Meteor soon.
Edit: Speaking of Dynam and Meteors, I could kick them for using the name Meteor. Next time some model company names a plane the "Meteor", it had better be one.

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
This one has good reviews as do most of the planes in the Dynam line-up. I love civilian twins and just bought the Dynam C310, aka, Sky King's plane. The 262 is in my bucket list !
The seem to be under rated as a company. I'm not sure why their ESCs with switching BECs haven't become more popular. They've been my favorite for quite some time now, and NP has them also.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #25
FresnoJay
Big foamie lover!

Awards Showcase

I have used Dynam ESC's in place of my favorite Turnigy Plush's when they aren't available. Never had an issue with them personally, but know a few that have. Of the people I know that have had issues I am not totally sure I can blame the ESC if you know what I mean. The nice thing about the Dynam ESC's is they can be programmed with the same card the Plush uses. So its a no brainer for me.

I too think that Dynam is underrated as a company. I have had a Meteor and now the 262. Both big winners in my book.

Jason

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets