Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-05-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
rcflyinff

Friends: (0)
Default Spektrum Receivers?

So I have quite a few of the Spektrum AR6115e receivers. Actually they are clones, but you would never know it by looking at them. We have range tested them and all seem to be working within spec (90'ish). My question is, what type of range in feet are these suppose to be good for? Will I lose sight of my Parkzone T-28, Corsair, Dynam SR22, etc. before the receiver will lose signal? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:47 AM   #2
Turner
Super Contributor

Friends: (3)

The trouble with using this Rx in planes the size of the two you've mentioned is not range but shadowing of the Rx behind the motor and battery and reflected signal fading and polarization blind spots at long range. The 61xx series Rx's lack the antenna diversity needed in medium to large size planes. Horizon Hobby companies do not use AR61xx receivers in any of their planes in this size opting instead for the AR600 and AR6210, etc.

Take a look at this page:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/Techno...dFeatures.aspx
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #3
pmullen503

Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 

I get 2000' plus which is the limit of LOS for something around 4-5 ft WS for me. Never had a problem with about a dozen Spektrum clones of different types.

That said, I always test new ones in a "disposable" foamy for several flights. Take em as high as I can and still see them and then point the antenna at it to see if I can lose signal. When possible, I mount them just behind the wing.

Always check at the end of the flight to see if the receiver light is blinking indicating lost packets. Most of the clones I've used have this feature just like real Spektrums.

Make sure your receivers and servos are adequately powered! I've long suspected that many reported problems with Spektrum are low voltage brown outs and not problems with the link per se.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (7)

As Turner said... All Spektrum receivers are in ideal conditions capable of the same range (more than visual range). The disadvantage of the park-flyer rx's is that the aerials are closely grouped, so could be shadowed behind the battery or whatever, which if the signal is already weak due to distance from the tx cause loss of control. The full range Spektrum receivers have a remote receiver to much reduce the chance of shadowing.

Of course if they are Spektrum copies then all bets are off. Even if they look identical they may not work the same, or there again, they might be just as good, but it's a gamble.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
aerocal

Originally Posted by rcflyinff View Post
So I have quite a few of the Spektrum AR6115e receivers. Actually they are clones, but you would never know it by looking at them. We have range tested them and all seem to be working within spec (90'ish). My question is, what type of range in feet are these suppose to be good for? Will I lose sight of my Parkzone T-28, Corsair, Dynam SR22, etc. before the receiver will lose signal? Thanks in advance for your help.
The 6115 is a DSMX capable Rx.To the best of my knowledge they have yet to be counterfeited.What makes you sure they are not original OEM Rxs?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
awacs

Default Glider

Hello,

if I can, I will use this thread. I am now choosing the spektrum receiver for the 2,8m thermal glider (Elipsoid Evolution - no carbon fuselage, balsa constuctions)

And I am pretty confused by that

I want to use AR600C, as they say that is full range and has one long antena and one short. Or should I buy the AR6210 with sattelite?
Here, in europe the AR6210 costs twice as much as AR600C and I want to ask, if there is real benefit against the AR600C.

Thank you for help
Old 01-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
Turner
Super Contributor

The 6210 can offer advantages over the 600 with better antenna diversity. For a glider this is probably not that important. I would ask on glider specific forums if people are using the 600 without problems.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #8
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

As noted above the 6210 gives better aerial diversity, which is nothing else is good insurance.

From my own shopping around (in the UK) the 6210 is actually available cheaper than the 600c.

For instance (authorised Spektrum dealer): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spektrum-A...item3375a02693
Old 01-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #9
awacs

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
As noted above the 6210 gives better aerial diversity, which is nothing else is good insurance.

From my own shopping around (in the UK) the 6210 is actually available cheaper than the 600c.

For instance (authorised Spektrum dealer): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spektrum-A...item3375a02693
Thats great, you are lucky, well seems, that Czech republic is rather special

I will try to post in sailplane section, because I donīt know any sailplane forums

Thank you for help of both of you
Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #10
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by awacs View Post
Thats great, you are lucky, well seems, that Czech republic is rather special
He says in the listing that he will ship to all European Union countries, so Czech Republic would be no problem. I've used that seller before, he's trustworthy.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #11
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (18)

Originally Posted by awacs View Post
Hello,

if I can, I will use this thread. I am now choosing the spektrum receiver for the 2,8m thermal glider (Elipsoid Evolution - no carbon fuselage, balsa constuctions)

And I am pretty confused by that

I want to use AR600C, as they say that is full range and has one long antena and one short. Or should I buy the AR6210 with sattelite?
Here, in europe the AR6210 costs twice as much as AR600C and I want to ask, if there is real benefit against the AR600C.

Thank you for help
If it will work in your sailplane, check out the Spektrum 4 channel receiver for $29 USA funds. Several guys in my RC club have them in those 100 MPH foamies, and have had excellent success with them. For what it's worth, the USA AMA magazine did some tests on the various 2.4 Ghz radios, and found that they provide range of some three or four MILES!

http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Defau...rodID=SPMAR400

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros