Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (8)
Default Fly Sky 9X mixing / programming - Original V2

I'm asking for anyone who has completed mixes on a standard firmware Fly Sky / Imax / Eurgle / Turnigy 9X 2.4Ghz V2 radio.

There's always a lot of demand for such info and generally we all fall into trap of doing it - but not passing on.

I run the FlySky users group and I would like to also invite owners of FlySky / Hobby King / Turnigy / Imax / Eurgle and other rebrands of the FS radios .. 2, 4, 6 and 9ch sets to join us.

Every radio system has it's hard to get through programming quirks ... the 9X is no exception.

For those who have programmed with reflashed Firmware such as ERX etc. - then please title it with the firmware involved. This is important to know what FW ... as each has it's own interpreter.

We FlySky owners have an uphill road to get through ... too many so-called reports that 'knock' the systems ... and not enough from actual users ...

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 12-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
Henry Sistrunk

View Henry Sistrunk's Gallery69
Awards Showcase

1kW  2kW 
Friends: (13)

I am a member of the group. I have 2 Turnigy 9X sets with V2 FW Update. I have been flying both sets for some time now with no problems. So far I have only learned simple programing. I have not mastered flaperon or any mixing.
Henry
Old 01-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #3
Henry Sistrunk

Awards Showcase

1kW  2kW 

Update. I have now mastered mixing and flaperons.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
Katanaz1

Friends: (0)
Default Master of Flaperon

Care to share your success?
Old 12-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #5
Henry Sistrunk

Awards Showcase

1kW  2kW 

http://www.helibatics.com/turnigy-9x-txrx.html

I gave up on the plain 9X even tho I had 3 of them. I found them easy to program but I ordered one of the ER9X sets from here and have not used the old 9X's any longer. This new transmitter has many features that the 9X does not have. There are threads on how to update the 9X but I preferred to get one updated. This guy is great to do business with.
Henry
Old 12-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
nidly

I have attempted to start discussions about stock firmware as well because I have 3 stock ones. I get along with the basics just fine , but most of the higher program functions leaves me asking more questions than anything. Mist times the answer is the same: update to er9x or other firmware. The above link isn't too bad at all considering what you get. I also tried to become member of that usergroup, but failed.

I will soon update all 3 of my TX to the SP and er9x mostly becuase I want more model memories and I am running out. It's too easy to buy planes and a $9 RX and fill up a memory slot.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

I am like many others who does not want to install er9x Firmware ... and also get a little annoyed when only answer that comes back when a programming question is asked : Install er9x. That is not an answer as that just opens up another road of programming questions.

I do not doubt that er9x gives greater possibilities with the gear ... but 'm happy enough to waddle along with my 2 9x's on factory FW ...
What I do want though is to increase my knowledge of the programming steps.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 12-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #8
nidly

I "want to" , but my wallet says "no". My choice is to either buy another 9x or install er9x on one or more of them OR there's that new Flysky with 20 model memory from Hobbypartz. It should be in stock soon.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #9
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

My se3cond 9x was the barebones from Turnigy without module ....

But that needed a little work on it to fit the FrSky module as FlySky have added a plastic raised collar to the pins in that bay ... which has to be ground away to let the FrSky sit in properly. Naughty naughty !
The FlySky module of course has a small recess for it !

Nigel

Old 12-15-2012, 02:49 AM   #10
kidhickey

Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (1)

Nigle, Try going to{ You tube } Type in Turnigy 9X ..........lots of info. I am also a member of your group....

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros