Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > 3D Flying
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

3D Flying Discuss everything related to "3D" flying including construction, power setups and flying techniques

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
maccountrypilot

Friends: (0)
Default Acromaster vs Parkmaster

OK ...

I am looking for a christmas gift for a fellow flyer. He is more into sport flying than pure 3D. I would say he has flown basic planes and I think it is time he gets away from the trainers and goes to a more serious model. Having said that, which do you all think would be the better plane ... the Acromaster or the Parkmaster?
Old 12-15-2012, 02:46 AM   #2
gramps2161
Community Moderator

View gramps2161's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

I have the AcroMaster and I really enjoy flying it, and it does take the abuse, but any damage is easy to fix with the EPP foam. This is what I bought to practice 3D flying.
When I first flew it I had the throws dialed right down below the specs to get the feel of the plane. Flew like a sport plane nice crisp rolls and inside outside loops everything you could ask of it. After I set it up for low and high rates that's when it got real fun.
This one always goes to the field with me. Running 4 hitec 82 mg servos and a Hacker 30-16 12x4 prop ,40 amp ESC, 3C 2200 mah battery plenty of pull with this setup.

Sorry I can't say on the parkmaster as I wanted this one because of the size and great reviews for a first time 3D plane to beat up on. Been a year and it is still going strong now I am itching for a 3D hobby plane 48" Edge 540 Blue.

He's a lucky club member to have a friend like you getting him a plane for XMAS.
Hope this helps a little.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
n_jepson

Friends: (1)

How safe are the two piece wings on the acromaster that just push together ?

I've built but not flown mine yet ... but am nervious of the wings just pushing together ...
Old 01-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
gramps2161
Community Moderator

View gramps2161's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

I have never had a issue with the wings seperating. They interlock and so far I have never a issuse with them pulling apart. I do check them after some hard flying just to be on the safe side.
Get that in the air you will have a blast with it.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
n_jepson

Friends: (1)

Thanks for that ... weather this w/e looks terrible here in the UK ... but soon I will maiden her.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > 3D Flying