Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #776
LA Ming

Club: The Official Non Club; Members: 1
Friends: (1)

Ooo! Oooo! Now I get to play in this thread!

Fed Ex delivered today:

* My new DX8 tx system.

* My new Parkzone T-28 BNF to use as my first aileron airplane.

Yay for me!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #777
road king 97
old hat

Club: joliet rc club rt 66
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (14)

Originally Posted by LA Ming View Post
Ooo! Oooo! Now I get to play in this thread!

Fed Ex delivered today:

* My new DX8 tx system.

* My new Parkzone T-28 BNF to use as my first aileron airplane.

Yay for me!
Lucky you i have wanted the 8 but i have two 7's now and the t-28 is another one i will either build or buy one soon. joe
Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 AM   #778
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Ming,

You're gonna love the T-28 ! Though it's a low wing , there's lots of dihedral. The full scale version was designed to train. Have a buddy trim her out for you. Once she's trimmed properly, believe me, she flies on rails. I keep looking for new things to add to this plane, as in: Pimp my ride!" Still a favorite.

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 12-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #779
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Here's my latest addition to the squadron. A Cessna 310. I love civilian twins but the choices are few in the foam world. Also have the Durafly Comet DH-88 with counter rotating props. This one is from Dynam and purchased from Grayson Hobby. Very well built. Comes with retracts, prepped for flaps,etc. I added my own graphics. Still adding a few finishing touches.

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 12-07-2012, 02:50 AM   #780
road king 97
old hat

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
Here's my latest addition to the squadron. A Cessna 310. I love civilian twins but the choices are few in the foam world. Also have the Durafly Cmmet DH-88 with counter rotating props. This one is from Dynam and purchased from Grayson Hobby. Very well built. Comes with retracts, prepped for flaps,etc. I added my own graphics. Still adding a few finishing touches.

Nice plane. i just sent you some free plans for some more twins like this. joe
Old 12-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #781
mcmoggy

Friends: (0)

Still building my newest. An own design electric powered glider.
Click image for larger version

Name:	29112012(001).jpg
Views:	54
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	164698

Old 12-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #782
Chucksolo69

Friends: (1)

I have two, a Parkzone Spitfire IX and the new Flyzone F4U Corsair Select Scale.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #783
propduster8

Originally Posted by road king 97 View Post
Lucky you i have wanted the 8 but i have two 7's now and the t-28 is another one i will either build or buy one soon. joe

Wouldn't happen to rid one of those DX7's would you rdking?

Joliet is not too far from Ottawa, where we visit frequently!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #784
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Sometines I make incredibly stupid decisions. I took a flyer on an arf from Hobby People a few months back. It's the Thunder Tiger September Fury. Hey, for $26.00?

Had a few moments the other day and was getting tired of looking at the box in my office so I decided to finally put it together. What a hoot ! I think this plane was designed in the early 80's. A real throw back to the early days of electric. This one came with a brushed motor though they did make one with a BL. Was going to replace it with a BL but I had a turnigy 10amp brushed esc laying around and decided to see what it would do. Very wonky design. Pre-EPP/EPO Beer cooler foam. CA will burn a hole.

One servo for the ailerons which is mounted on the bottom of the wing and one for the elevator which mounts inside the fuse. The wing is aligned to the fuse with a couple of wood dowels and gets bolted on. The rx, esc and battery are enclosed inside and cannot be accessed with out unbolting the wing. The prop is a 4 blade design where each blade plugs into a hub. All the of the plastic molded parts require trimming including the spinner.

To disconnect or change lipos, you would need to unbolt ( ~2 inches long) the wing from the fuse, which might be a harrowing experience. Would take about 2 minutes.

So, what I did was cut access ports for the lipo and balance connectors. After flight, I can quickly disconnect the lipo, check voltage and with some extensions I have, plug into the charger's balance board. Threw a PZ 1300mah 3S 15C lipos in there. I also have a an older 2.4 Airfield tx and rx from an RTF I bought a few years ago that I never use. This one's not worthy of my Futaba stuff. It's one of those planes that if it even flies once, great ! I got $26.00 worth of fun. We'll see... -Hawk

Old 12-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #785
road king 97
old hat

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by propduster8 View Post
Wouldn't happen to rid one of those DX7's would you rdking?

Joliet is not too far from Ottawa, where we visit frequently!
No i need more recoevers so i can fi;; both transmitters up .I did pick up a 6 channel Fassssst futaba 2.4 but i did not like the cost of recievers and sold it for 40 bucks. I will keep a eye out for one tho/ joe
Old 12-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #786
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Geez Joe,

I fly Futaba but I buy the Frysky Fasst compatibles for about $23.00. Wish I'd known you were going to sell your TX. I have two 6EX's and am itch'n for an 8FG when I can find some extra dough.

-Hawk

Old 12-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #787
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Geez Joe,

I fly Futaba but I buy the Frysky Fasst compatibles for about $23.00. Wish I'd known you were going to sell your TX. I have two 6EX's and am itch'n for an 8FG when I can find some extra dough.

-Hawk
Not to derail this thread, but how have the Frysky fasst been treating you. I just bought a couple of them to try they are inexpensive picked mine up from this place.
http://www.alofthobbies.com/radio-ge...ompatible.html
Old 12-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #788
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Gramps,

I have been using them without any issue for a little over a year now. Was a little nervous at first, but they have peformed flawlessly thus far. ( Knock on wood) Equally as well as the Futaba's for ~ 1/2 the price. Thanks for another US based source ! Good prices. I've bought them from both HK and from Value Hobby. Now I can't say that if I had a $2000.00 airplane I would not go with Futaba. But I don't , so the risk is low for me.

Cheers,

Hawk

Old 12-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #789
road king 97
old hat

Awards Showcase

Even the chineese knock offs are cheaper in DXM http://www.valuehobby.com/radio-syst...-receiver.html
Old 12-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #790
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Dahawk I to would only use the futaba original in my expensive planes. I will test these out in a plane that has seen it's prime these RX's are getting used in a foamy and one other plane that I am building in the near future.

Thanks for the replies, and now back to your regular program New Planes.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #791
dheaton

Wow Chellie that looks like a really nice plane. I'll have to see if they still sell this plane.

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Hi Everyone here is my newest plane, I was not supposed to buy this I have to many unfinished planes already it will get a motor that makes 80oz of thrust plane AUW is 45oz Take care, Chellie
http://www.nitroplanes.com/fuep3dbraerc.html

Old 12-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #792
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,109 Times in 2,019 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (305)

Originally Posted by dheaton View Post
Wow Chellie that looks like a really nice plane. I'll have to see if they still sell this plane.

Hi That is a Tough Plane too I used an older model JR receiver in it on 72 MHZ and the JR Receiver does not like Epower at all, 50 ft down the runway it took off then fliped over, i had no control over the plane, was I mad, I thought it was a glitch, so i moved the wires away from the receiver, moved the receiver back and added a magnet on the power input to the receiver, it still glitched like Crazy, I took the JR Receiver out of the plane and Took a Big %$#*! Hammer to it (HAMMER TIME ) I felt Much Much Better after that Then I went out and bought a DX6i 2.4 radio, the DX6i radio was nice, but the Full Range Receivers cost a arm and a leg, i used the parkflier receiver on a cheapy foam plane, and i experienced a brown out, I had a ar6200 receiver in the funtana with no problems, the high cost of the 2.4 full range receivers turned me off to 2.4, then i learned about BERG receivers for 72Mhz, Berg receivers are just as good if not better than a 2.4 system IMHO,as they will lock onto your transmitter, I sold my DX6i and haved used 72Mhz with berg receivers ever since with no problems, the big boys used Berg Receivers before 2.4 came out, with their expensive planes, so i knew they would be good, JR Receivers are great for nitro planes, but IMHO they dont like EPower at all, at least the older JR Receivers, that plane has been repaired a few times because of JR receiver issues, I still have that plane and its has a few battle scars on it but still flies great Take care and have fun, Chellie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oB6oyh_MrY

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 12-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #793
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 

Originally Posted by dheaton View Post
BTW I sent you a PM on a super nice plane, its sold out right now, so you will have to Wait after the holidays to get it, Take care, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 12-18-2012, 05:56 AM   #794
starcad
Model Designer

View starcad's Gallery14
Friends: (5)

Ah! Love Christmas time. It came a little early this year. My latest, An Sbach 32 from Hobby King. The wood 1323mm version. Just need to pick up a spinner for Saturday.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SBackSide.gif
Views:	29
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	164919 Side View going to have to move out of the kitchen soon as they keep getting bigger and bigger.

Name:	SBackFront.gif
Views:	34
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	164920 It's big. Bic lighters for scale reference.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:00 AM   #795
nidly

My latest is the Flyzone Beaver. Have about 6 flights on it. (used plane , but new to me)
Old 12-19-2012, 02:30 AM   #796
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Club: Somerset Signal Senders & GCA
Awards Showcase

2kW  1kW 
Friends: (10)
Default Pilot-RC Yak 54 19%

Finally finished the build. Now I just need some nice weather to do the maiden. Review coming up...

AMA #959089
Old 12-19-2012, 03:23 AM   #797
mclarkson
Super Contributor

View mclarkson's Gallery4
Awards Showcase

Friends: (7)

Sometines I make incredibly stupid decisions. I took a flyer on an arf from Hobby People a few months back. It's the Thunder Tiger September Fury. Hey, for $26.00?

Had a few moments the other day and was getting tired of looking at the box in my office so I decided to finally put it together. What a hoot ! I think this plane was designed in the early 80's. A real throw back to the early days of electric. This one came with a brushed motor though they did make one with a BL. Was going to replace it with a BL but I had a turnigy 10amp brushed esc laying around and decided to see what it would do. Very wonky design. Pre-EPP/EPO Beer cooler foam. CA will burn a hole.

One servo for the ailerons which is mounted on the bottom of the wing and one for the elevator which mounts inside the fuse. The wing is aligned to the fuse with a couple of wood dowels and gets bolted on. The rx, esc and battery are enclosed inside and cannot be accessed with out unbolting the wing. The prop is a 4 blade design where each blade plugs into a hub. All the of the plastic molded parts require trimming including the spinner.

To disconnect or change lipos, you would need to unbolt ( ~2 inches long) the wing from the fuse, which might be a harrowing experience. Would take about 2 minutes.
Man, this sounds just like a Thunder Tiger Rare Bear I picked up a year or so ago. Very soft foam. Weird 3-bladed prop. Battery only accessible by unbolting the wing and then, inevitably, losing the bolt in the grass.

I'd be interested in seeing more details about your access hatch.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #798
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Mark,

LOL. Yes, it's the Thunder Tiger September Fury. I know, there's one born every minute ! I suppose I should have binned it early on but I don't give up too easily. It actually comes standard with a 4 blade prop, the kind where each blade attached to the hub.

On my first attempt last weekened the main drive gear to the sprocket on the brushed motor loosened. Screw came out. Took it home and have now installed a BL setup with a 1300kv BL and 20 amp esc. Mounted 2-blader and new spinner.

So, when I was loading-up the car yesterday, I dinged the h-stab and cracked the cheapo foam. No foam is cheaper than this. Elevator dangling. Cannot use CA on this foam and was out of epoxy, so I picked up some epoxy on my way back from the field. Will glue back together and re-try this weekend. Geez.

On the hatch, nothing fancy. Just carved out three small rectangles in the side of the fuse for the esc, lipo and balance plug. I have an extension for the lipo and balance so after flight, I can simply plug the plane into my balance board while leaving the lipo inside the cabin. Probably not good practice but saves having to take the wing off for every re-charge. Using an Airfield tx and rx on this one. Would be a great garage sale item. RTF for $5.00

-Hawk

Old 12-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #799
starcad
Model Designer

View starcad's Gallery14
Friends: (5)

Excellent weather today for my maiden with the new Sbach. What a very nice airplane to fly. Need some more weight in the nose so added 1 1/2 oz. to bring the balance just a little more nose heavy for my liking. Maiden went off without a challenge with just a few click of down trim and a couple of clicks of left aileron. Results: Unlimited vertical - I think this thing would climb out of site before it quit flying. Inverted absolutely stable with no down elevator needed. I will slow down like a kite or move like a scrawled cat. Knife edge from one end of the field to the other.

One word, AWESOME!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sbachmaiden.gif
Views:	43
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	164995

Name:	IMG_5450 sbach.gif
Views:	44
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	164996

Name:	IMG_5451 Position and hold.gif
Views:	35
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	164997

Name:	IMG_5453 rolling.gif
Views:	29
Size:	298.7 KB
ID:	164998

Name:	IMG_5454 Off we go.gif
Views:	32
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	164999

Name:	IMG_5456 traffic 10 oClock high.gif
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	165000

Name:	IMG_5463 Awesome Vertical.gif
Views:	30
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	165001

Name:	IMG_5471 Low Pass.gif
Views:	34
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	165002

Name:	IMG_5472 Low Pass2.gif
Views:	33
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	165003

Name:	IMG_5473 Low Pass 3.gif
Views:	31
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	165004

Name:	IMG_5475 On Final.gif
Size:	277.7 KB
ID:	165005

Name:	IMG_5476 Flair Dumb Dumb FLAIR!.gif
Size:	329.0 KB
ID:	165006

Name:	IMG_5478 Down and Dirty.gif
Views:	31
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	165007

Name:	IMG_5480 Celebrate Celebrate Dance to the Music!.gif
Views:	36
Size:	373.2 KB
ID:	165008

Old 12-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #800
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by starcad View Post
Excellent weather today for my maiden with the new Sbach. What a very nice airplane to fly. Need some more weight in the nose so added 1 1/2 oz. to bring the balance just a little more nose heavy for my liking. Maiden went off without a challenge with just a few click of down trim and a couple of clicks of left aileron. Results: Unlimited vertical - I think this thing would climb out of site before it quit flying. Inverted absolutely stable with no down elevator needed. I will slow down like a kite or move like a scrawled cat. Knife edge from one end of the field to the other.

One word, AWESOME!
Hey Starcad Your having Way To Much Fun LOL, Glad your plane flies great, Take care and Have fun, Chellie

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions