Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-21-2012, 03:52 AM   #1
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (13)
Default hitec optic 6 72 mhz with spectrum module discontinued production...thats a bummer!

i have been waiting on toms RC to deliver a hitec optic 6 72 mhz spectrum transmitter thats on backorder for over a month. all the rc online stores show this tx as backorder. i emailed hitec corp sales dept for any info on their shipping tx's out to the distrubuters.......they'er not!!!!

hitec no longer produces the optic 6 72mhz transmitter do to inability to get parts and its outdated any way as 2.4 is #1 in the industry.

i have a "assan" module from hobbyking plugged into the optic 6 that made it 2.4 and have approx 15+ planes outfitted with assan rx's that i fly reguarly.....

i now need to research futaba txs as the assan module will also work in several of their txs.at least i hope this is true or i'll be spending a small fortune replacing everything and i really loved the optic 6,it has served me really well for many years. this already has been a very expensive Christmas and the tx is something i hope to resolve without spending thousands to get flying all my birds again.

what really stinks is the distributes saying these discontinued TX are on back orderwhats up with that.one company might not know,but they all say backorder....that seems like fraud to me,worse,They are using my paypal money while making me wait!

so my friends,this is the module i'm using and really need to find a futaba tx to fit the module into it. any suggestions will be very helpful. thanks for reading the rant of a dieing to fly fellow wattflyer...lol..... stu

X8 2.4GHz Combo pack for Futaba W/ Module & RX SKU: CF-I$89.99 WEIGHT : 190g | BACKORDER

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:44 AM   #2
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

with the list provided of the compatible futaba tx's i cant seem to find them .....i don't want used transmitters and this is really begining to look as though i'm also going to have wasted the $89 i just spent replacing the assan module which i did first before discovering the hitec tx was what is bad. funny how i hoped it was the problem and used express shipping for the first time and recieved it in a week... figures it may go unused.

man....this is going to be a long weekend searching for a futaba 7c 72mhz spectrum module tx new to use my brand new assan module.

maybe the turnigy tx's will be able to use this assan module......guess i'll reseach that now and then call it a night.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
A.T.

Club: To many to include.
Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by stuart View Post
with the list provided of the compatible futaba tx's i cant seem to find them .....i don't want used transmitters and this is really begining to look as though i'm also going to have wasted the $89 i just spent replacing the assan module which i did first before discovering the hitec tx was what is bad. funny how i hoped it was the problem and used express shipping for the first time and recieved it in a week... figures it may go unused.
man....this is going to be a long weekend searching for a futaba 7c 72mhz spectrum module tx new to use my brand new assan module.
maybe the turnigy tx's will be able to use this assan module......guess i'll reseach that now and then call it a night.
What is wrong with your existing Optic 6? repairs are usually quite cheap., at least email for a quote:
Hitec Warranty & Service - homepage.
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
"Hitec USA customer service department is available Monday through Friday*
from 7am- 4:30 pm Pacific time. Reach us at 858.748.8440 or
service@hitecrcd.com any time you have a question"
If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 12-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
Wildflyer
2014 President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (7)

I just looked on Ebay and found many Hitec optic 6 transmitters. check there, several are brand new.

Dave R, Proud PGR rider.
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Friends: (17)

i have been waiting on toms RC to deliver a hitec optic 6 72 mhz spectrum transmitter thats on backorder for over a month. all the rc online stores show this tx as backorder. i emailed hitec corp sales dept for any info on their shipping tx's out to the distrubuters.......they'er not!!!!

hitec no longer produces the optic 6 72mhz transmitter do to inability to get parts and its outdated any way as 2.4 is #1 in the industry.

Whoa Stu that stinks! G rated version. Wish there was something I could do to help

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

good morning gang,

wildfire,thanks for doing a search for me as i really do appreciate the help .i also checked ebay,there are a ton of optic 6 "sport"2.4's which don't use the module in it's back. they are less expensive but limited to hitec 2.4rxs that cost a fortune and it won't let me switch to spectrum multi channel module that comes with the 72mhz. i haven't given up the search yet but it looks bleak at best.

hi Alan,your a good buddy to look that up and post it,stuff like this is what makes wattflyer miles above other forums!!!very cool. as far as sending the hitec out for repairs would be like sending my honda to the dealer loaded with knockoff parts and asking them to male it work. this tx has served me very well and also dropped more than once in what i guess is going on 6 years.....time for a nice ,new transmitter. i just bought a new hobbyking assan module as the hope for its being the problem and now have 2 modulesin working order and no tx. the new tx at tomsrc was the best price ever...$135 shipped.....i emailed them requesting a eta on its being shipped,will also drop a dime on them to hopefully get reimbursed my papal asap if the can't deliver.

fish my friend...there is something you can do to help........if you can locate this transmitter with 20 7channel rx's for say...$135 let me know.

Low Price: $2,999.99

18MZA 18-Channel 2.4GHz Radio System Mode 2 Air

stock#
LW1428
Only
$2999.99

let me know guys if you do find a new optic 6 72mhz spectrum module type transmitter for under $200.........i have seen them going for 240+ at ripoff stores.

i am also trying to located the futabas listed but need to p/u my darling wife who's spent the last few day in the hospital.she;s fine and coming home later today. the search will continue then.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
Wildflyer
2014 President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA

Is this the correct type of Optic 6 ?? it looks like it has a module on back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150967725769...84.m1436.l2649

Dave R, Proud PGR rider.
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 

That is a native 2.4GHz Tx.. I believe that the one Stuart is looking for is the 'old' 72MHz version that can be converted to 2.4GHz with a module.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Seems that there are still some in stock in the UK and being sold off cheap too: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hitec-Opti...item4ab9c67ec4

This is a 35MHz radio which is the UK/European 'equivalent' of 72MHz... But if you were using a module the native frequency wouldn't make any difference. Shipping might be a bit steep but given the low price of the Tx it might be worth thinking about? (assuming this Tx has the module?)
Old 12-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Wildflyer View Post
Is this the correct type of Optic 6 ?? it looks like it has a module on back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150967725769...84.m1436.l2649
Though looking again, you might be right, that one does have a module in the back.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:35 AM   #11
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

i see what you mean that the non "sport" type optic 6 does have a module on the back and it also feeds an external wire to the antenna. so now the question is will the assan module fit and work in place of the hitec. the assan module also has a external antenna that fastens right to the module.

i also saw a optic 6 being sold with a corona 2.4 module. looks like i should be able to locate these tx's with the module for around $229 and that includes shipping.

i just don't know how to verify the assan will work. any suggestions.i really want to hit the buy now button quick......can't stand being grounded. i'm considering rolling the dice again and making the purchase. i will also contact hitec again and ask about their repair advise. who knows,i may wind up with 2 optic 6's....that would work for me..lol.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:55 AM   #12
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

Stuart the Futaba modules fit Hitec. For some reason they don't all say that.

See here:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Module_RX.html

Mike
Old 12-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #13
Rodneh

Club: Moonport Modelers

yes, the modules will fit both the Hitec and the Futaba transmitters with the plug in modules. However, they will be turned 180 degrees, what is the top (toward the original antenna) on one will be bottom in the other brand. This may complicate the 2.4GHz antenna mounting.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #14
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

canceled my order with toms rc do to backorder wait and no replys to my emails and phone calls. glad i used pay pal.

good news is i ordered the hitec optic 6 2.4 with the module so the assan should snap right in and wholesale traians and planes had it in stock....wish i had done this a month ago. price $219 with shipping.toms rc was 200 for the same package but backorder.

this is the big christmas present for me this year. the cordless dremel,and a new jigsaw were my other gifts from my wife. feeling a little more in the christmas spirit.....sandy,newton,people leaving or quiting their jobs where i work,inlaws causing stress,and a bunch of home repairs had me pretty funky feeling....now i have something coming to get my mind off the the burdens of the day. man ,i can't wait to get airborn again! going to the club field is such a refuge and relaxing need for me.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #15
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

got home hoping to have recieved my new tx from wholesale trains but fedex is a day behind schedule due to stormy weather. they really shipped fast and i called them to be sure the tx i was getting had a 2.4 module in the back and it did. they said i got the last one.

i also had another email from shawn at hitec who answered my question even though he wasn't supposed to be back till after jan2. the 2.4 ghz moduel optic 6 is continued production but they don't have any. so hpefully friday i start rebinding my new assan module to the old rxs in all my planes and trim the ones i'v been dying to fly into model memory.

stinger,2 hkpkj's sharing the same channel with recorded trim settings, funjetultra,hog bipe,gp extra 300s,towerhobbies uproar,3dhs slick,and a 3dx profile foamy edge.

when i thought the hitec was off the table,the spectrum dx7 really started to look good with 20 model memory and also being good for the orange rx's in some of my other models that still need test flying using a parkzone 2.4 micro tx.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:45 AM   #16
Panther

Hi stuart. I have the 36mhz Optic 6 and love it. It has had little use as I butted out for about 4 years. Just charged it now and again but I am torn as to convert it to 2.4 Ghz or just buy a new Turnigy 2.4. I already have one (Turnigy 9X) and for $53 you get the receiver as well. Xtra receivers are only $8.99 and that means a lot to me. My only gripe with the original Optic 6 is the antenna length, particularly the receiver one. So, do I throw a perfectly good Optic 6 and buy another Turnigy 9x or spend more than that to convert the Optic? Hard choice. I already have 4 Txs.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:35 AM   #17
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

my optic 6 arrived today!!! removed the hitec module and installed the assan....works perfectly. will load model memories with planes and be back flying hopefully new years day.[rain/snow Saturday&funeral Sunday]

the antennas on the hitec rxs are fairly long compared to the assan rx's. i think hitec's quality is better looking.

panther,i may also get a turnigy9 for models i don't fly often enough do to the optic6 having only 8 model memory. i seriously was thinking spectrum 7 or 8 because of high number of memory spots. solentlife[Nigel] likes the 9x tx's and say good things to consider.

gotta say that speaking with the hitec sales dept several times has me wondering whats up...they are out of stock of 2.4's module tx's and this explains why so many online stores are backorders for product. and the discontinuing the 72mhz is a shocker since the spectrum module would set to many crystal numbers making multible model crystals no issue at all. i guess 2.4's the future only for hitec. one thing looks strange with the optic6 module...the module to antenna has a wire connecting them on the outside of the tx back.seems like a weak spot for getting damaged.

i'm just glad to be back in the pilot seat again,1 1/2 months of down time had me jonesing to fly.........

Old 12-29-2012, 06:46 AM   #18
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Friends: (17)

errr gotta fly gotta fly heh heh fly now

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #19
A.T.

Club: To many to include.

my optic 6 arrived today!!! removed the hitec module and installed the assan....works perfectly. will load model memories with planes and be back flying hopefully new years day.[rain/snow Saturday&funeral Sunday]
the antennas on the hitec rxs are fairly long compared to the assan rx's. i think hitec's quality is better looking.
panther,i may also get a turnigy9 for models i don't fly often enough do to the optic6 having only 8 model memory. i seriously was thinking spectrum 7 or 8 because of high number of memory spots. solentlife[Nigel] likes the 9x tx's and say good things to consider.
gotta say that speaking with the hitec sales dept several times has me wondering whats up...they are out of stock of 2.4's module tx's and this explains why so many online stores are backorders for product. and the discontinuing the 72mhz is a shocker since the spectrum module would set to many crystal numbers making multible model crystals no issue at all. i guess 2.4's the future only for hitec. one thing looks strange with the optic6 module...the module to antenna has a wire connecting them on the outside of the tx back.seems like a weak spot for getting damaged.
i'm just glad to be back in the pilot seat again,1 1/2 months of down time had me jonesing to fly.........
"2.4's the future only for hitec"
Incorrect, the other major brands discontinued 27MHz <75 Mhz units well before Hitec stopped production thereof.
Crystal based PPM units cost very much more to produce than equivalent 2.4Ghz and users will no longer pay
minimum practical retail prices.

" the optic6 having only 8 model memory" if good with soldering iron, then increase memory:
. Hitec Optic 6 - DIY modify increase memory from 8 to 16 models

"Out of stock of 2.4's module tx':"
Correct, the Optic 6 with removable module is no longer available, nor listed on current
production schedules ex manufacturing facility in the Philippines.
Doubt it will return any time soon as there is little price difference with the Eclipse 7 Pro
which has additional features and on screen telemetry.
. Hitec Eclipse 7 & 7 Pro FAQ - Quick Setup and Additional Programming
. Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ
Also given production centre will be at capacity with the lead up to
another new Tx
. "The new radio will be at Nuremberg Toy fair 2013"

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros