Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
DCDetector

View DCDetector's Gallery25
Friends: (1)
Default Questions about 2 servo(separate plug) aileron vs single, and mixing on the DX7S

I see it is recommended to have 2 servos on separate channels rather than a Y-plug on a single RX channel for ailerons, what is the advantage?

I'm currently using a Y-plug on my ailerons on my MX2 if I were to plug one into the aileron channel would I plug the other into a AUX channel and use mixing to make the AUX work as the other aileron?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
firemanbill
Community Moderator

View firemanbill's Gallery67
Club: Newport News Park R/C Club
Awards Showcase

125mph Speed Demon  100mph Speed Demon  2kW  4kW 
Friends: (63)

page 24 of your manual shows this, left in Aux 1 and right in Aileron channel.

page 14 of your manual explains some of the benefits, the ability to use differential being one of them. Another is the ability to center and trim each servo more accurately as they are on their own channels this way.

A much more preferred method in setting up your planes.

2012 SEFF Night Bowling Champion!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
slipstick
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (1)

Yes. Then that gives you the ability to use the ailerons as flaps (called flaperons) and other things like aileron differential (more movement up than down), very useful for some planes to counteract adverse yaw.

Steve
Old 01-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (8)

As the others have said, it is a better way to do it for a number of reasons, sub-trim adjustment and differential being two of them. You don't need to use mixes, the Tx comes with pre-set 'wing-type' configuration for this very purpose.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:21 AM   #5
aerocal

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by DCDetector View Post
I see it is recommended to have 2 servos on separate channels rather than a Y-plug on a single RX channel for ailerons, what is the advantage?

I'm currently using a Y-plug on my ailerons on my MX2 if I were to plug one into the aileron channel would I plug the other into a AUX channel and use mixing to make the AUX work as the other aileron?

Thanks
Use the Wing type menu.Set it to 2 Ail.Look on the Monitor screen to see where to plug everything in.Once you set wing or tail configuration in Wing Type menu the radio will assign the positions they will be on the Rx.Go by what is on the Tx Monitor labels and not the Rx label.They may be different.The mixing of the second Ail will be done automatically by the Tx when it is set into the Wing Type.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros