Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 11-24-2012, 02:58 AM   #1
JR2012

Friends: (0)
Default Trojan Micro T28 Issue

I have a problem with my T28 micro. The plane was going really slow and the the engine died. If i Flick it, it goes really slow on several lipos. I guess the motor is toast. Only probably had about 15-20 flights on it which kinda stinks. I hope the motors don't burn up that quick all the time!

Anyway I want to order some engines up. I found these but I'm not all sure how to fix them up and want to just plug and play. I found these on ebay which are 2 motors for $10 which is a great deal but not sure how to mess with drill, pinion etc.

Any plug and play options or easy ways to get fixed up?

Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nine-Eagles-...item27b601b846
Old 11-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
Wildflyer
2014 President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (7)

As far as plug and play, my best answer would be the replacement motor for the T28 micro;
http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ3616

What you found looks similar, but there can be many differences in motors of the same physical size.
I bought a 180 size brushed motor, to replace a 180 size brushed motor.
But I found out my original motor was wound to run at a much higher speed, the motor I bought was useless.
I would recommend the correct motor, even if it costs more, at least you are not wasteing money like I did.

Dave R, Proud PGR rider.
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
boodaghost

Friends: (1)

Wildflyer is right. The best thing that you can do is replace with an actual replacement. Too many things can go wrong and you'll end up spending way more than the 5 or 6 bucks you'd save experimenting.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:06 AM   #4
cjg

Friends: (0)

When replacing, place a very small drop of plastic safe oil on each end of the shaft. Mobile1 synthetic motor oil, 0w-20 works great.

CJG
(HZ Supercub, PZ T-28 Trojan, Eflite BCX, PZ 210 Micro, UM P-51, UM T-28 and bunch of R/C trucks)
Old 01-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
CNY_Dave

Friends: (1)

There are some hotter motors that are a drop-in replacement except for having to swap over the pinion gear, but you also need to use a pretty good battery. The ral advantage to using a solo-pro or other helo motor is they last a lot longer.

Ask me why your DX5e is doomed... and how to fix it.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes