Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB Electric Powered RC Planes for sale and wanted in here. Free to buy or sell!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
DanWard

Friends: (1)
Default RTF: $175 (OBO) and I will cover 50% of freight - AcroMaster 3D by Multiplex

1-24-2013 addition: I will share 50% of shipping cost. It is all boxed and ready to go.I had a lot of activity raight after I posted but all needed shipping. So I accepted an offer and once I had it ready to ship the buyer backed out. I hope offering to share 50% of the freight will return the interest.

I need a winter build project. If it isn’t raining then the wind in blowing out of the north at a speed far beyond what my piloting skills can deal with. Combine that with a work week where I leave before the sun comes up and get home after it goes down.

So I figure a great solution is a winter build but the wife says there just isn’t enough room for another airplane in the space allotted for such things. And she is right. Problem is I only have a couple of planes and love them all. Long story short my AcroMaster is for sale.

Receiver ready, the following is included, add receiver and ready to fly:
  • Plane: Kit Price $132.00
From the Multiplex website, “Become a 3D expert with the AcroMaster! Multiplex proudly announce the first quiet electric plane that looks and flies like a .30 size 3D balsa plane but with the durability of ELAPOR Foam construction. Designed by Aerobatic Champion Martin Muller, the AcroMaster combines the ultimate in 3D flight capabilities with Multiplex's reputation for easy to build, easy to fly and very tough foam airplanes. Whether you are looking for a Sport Flyer, a Pattern Plane or pure 3D thrills, the handsome AcroMaster will satisfy your needs.”
Model Specifications

Wingspan:

43 in.

Wing Area:

583 sq. in.

Wing Loading:

7.9 - 8.6 oz. | sq. ft.

Fuselage Length:

45 in.

Weight (English):

32 oz. to 35 oz.

Flight Characteristics:

3D, Pattern

Build Note: During build, before fuselage halves were joined, I reinforced the inside of the nose by laminating it with lite cloth fiberglass as described on RCGroups.com. As a result I have never experience any strength issues in this area.
  • Carbon Fiber Landing Gear: Original Price $20.00 I did the carbon fiber landing gear upgrade as found on RCGroups.com. Before assembling fuselage you cut a channel in each fuselage half where landing gear will end up. You then take a piece of lite ply with blind nuts inserted, and glue it into this channel when gluing fuselage halves together. This embeds the lite ply and blind nuts in the fuselage. I know use Dubro plastic bolts to bolt carbon fiber gear to fuselage. It works great. Never experienced the problems that people have with stock gear.
  • Motor:
TR 35-42C 1100kv Brushless Outrunner Orig. Price 20.00
Model: TR35-42C
Input Voltage : 7.4V~14.8V (2~4S Li-po)
Kv : 1100 rpm/V within 10%
Current capacity : 45A/30s
Dimensions : 35mm X 42mm / 1.38in X 1.65in
Shaft diameter : 4mm / 0.16in
Weight : 132g
Number of poles/magnets : 14
Recommended model weight : 1000~2300g / 35~81oz

Power equivalent : .30 to .35 IC glow engine
  • ESC: Plush 60amp Speed Controller Original Price $32.11
Cont Current: 60A
Burst Current: 80A
BEC Mode: Switching
BEC : 5v / 3A
Input: 5.6v-22v
Weight: 60g

Size: 80x31x14mm
  • Servos: Hitec
2 @ HS-85BBOriginal Price $20.00 each = $40.00
2 @ HS-55 Original Price $10.00 each = $20.00

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010114.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	165357   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010116.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	165358  

Old 01-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Dan what's the asking price you want for the Acro people will want to know. Opps didn't see the price in the very top my bad.

Funny I just shipped a package to your area today Tru Turn to be specific.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:19 AM   #3
DanWard

No shirt..I had no idea they were right here in my backyard. And I do mean my backyard, some 13 streets over give or take.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #4
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by DanWard View Post
No shirt..I had no idea they were right here in my backyard. And I do mean my backyard, some 13 streets over give or take.
Wish they were in my backyard I'd have the part I need to mount my cowling on a plane.
By the way nice price on this plane mine goes with me just about every trip to the club your going to miss that plane.
Good luck with your sale should go quick.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #5
DanWard

Well, keep me in mind. Sometimes a local guy to walk it through...I don't know but I'd be willing to be your Deer Park, eyes, arms, and legs so to speak. If I can ever help don't hesitate to ask!

Yes, I am going to miss the Acromaster. It looks and flies like new. But my house is small and I know where my bread gets buttered. So I had to make a tough decision.

I really enjoy assembling and tinkering with planes. And right now with work being what it is (yes, blessed to have it) something to come home and work on where if I say it is good...well it is good. Hey, it is a great stress releif.

Again...keep me in mind if I can ever help with TrueTurn.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:25 AM   #6
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Dan thanks for the offer I appreciate it.
I had to send in the prop mount off my Axi motor so they can match it up for one of theirs. I ordered the wrong one my fault, so wait another week for the right one. Have the spinner all ready top quality not like the cheap plastic ones that wobble. I find this to be a great stress relief myself tinkering with a plane myself tonight.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:59 AM   #7
DanWard

Looks like I have a sale pending. Thank you.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #8
DanWard

Default Sale fell through

Boy I really need to sell this now and get a winter build going. On Tuesday managment showed up at the office unexpectedly which is never a good thing.
Before they were done they had laid everyone but me off and told me that the office would be closed by end of the month and I would have to work from home. How long till the next shoes drops?

I previously though I had this plane sold but buyer wanted me to ship it and I had zero experience. But based on his "it is really easy, won't cost $20 or $30" I accpeted his offer.

This plane is foam, with motor and spinner removed the fuselage is almost 46" long. So I found a really heavy duty 46" long box, cut it down to 14" tall for tail height, and 24" wide for elevator span.

I dissassembled the plane and boxed it really well. I assure you it will not get damaged if I can help it.

Then I go to ship it. Due to the 46" length, a length that cannot be altered since the fuselage is one solid piece of foam, shipping is $90 to $100. This is when the sale fell apart as the buyer had no idea, nor did I have an idea, shipping would cost this much.

The result is experience. That and the plane is now disassembled and boxed for shipping.

So I am once again taking offers

Old 01-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
DanWard

1-24-2013 addition: I will share 50% of shipping cost. It is all boxed and ready to go.I had a lot of activity right after I posted but all needed shipping. So I accepted an offer and once I had it ready to ship the buyer backed out. I hope offering to share 50% of the freight will return the interest.

Closed Thread

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB