Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Seaplanes E-Powered
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Seaplanes E-Powered Discuss electric powered seaplanes here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)
Default Cessna 182 with flaps + floats

Ok - this is the Skyartec 182 with Flaps .... from Hobby King.

I've ordered the floats set for similar sized model.

At back of my house I have this a wide slow river that when wind dies is like a mirror.

Idea being to save driving each time and fly literally out of back door ...

I need online links / advise on float flying ....

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 01-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
Jim Casey
Seaplane Nerd

Club: Florida Float Flyers
Friends: (1)

http://www.smilesandwags.com/floats.html has tips and links you may find useful.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
JRickey

Friends: (0)

Setting it up for adjustability was key for me when putting floats on my slow stick. Once I was happy with it I made thigs a little more permanent. As for flying - no wind at first, doing slow then high speed taxis to get use to the floats and going and off step. I ended up putting a water rudder on one float because I was burning up my batteries trying to taxi in the wind. With the floats it doesn't lime to taxi against the wind. Have a boat ready to go. Waterproof esc, receiver with corrosion x. Don't do the servos unless they are metal geared. I found the gears have the potential to swell a little from the oil. I made my floats out of pink foam. Show us some pictures as you go.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

Main area of concern at moment is the mounting ... as my Skyartec had to be modified to repair the wheeled undercarraige. Will mean cutting out the wood beam that carries main wheels.

Must admit having the river at back of house is very inviting !! Will have to sort a way to flip from wheels to floats and back without too much hassle.

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 05-11-2012, 04:32 AM   #5
Flysfloats

Friends: (0)

Just wondering if there is any recent updates on this plane?? I am looking for an e-plane to put on floats. I am wanting to use a 3015 1400 Kv motor that I need to replace broken drive shaft. I usually make my own foam/fiberglassed floats and plan on continuing this practice. Thanks, FF
Old 05-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Sorry but the Need for Speed campaign has taken over my time and the Floats have gone back on shelf.

I have decided to go with suggested remounts to clear the battery hatch - WHEN I eventually get down to it.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
CrimzonRider
Fastest PropHead Crasher

View CrimzonRider's Gallery18
Friends: (14)

Subscribed....Just wondering if ya ever got around to putting floats on. I am wanting to do same thing on same plane. I have been searching and looking at diff floats and had question about removal and placing battery conflicts.

lil' old thread i know....but figuring putting floats on a plane might make it rain! and it looks like something I want to do with spring just around the corner..... One 10acre pond left and only about 1acre of water surface left!!
many thanks

cr
Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

It never happened ... too many other projects and work !

But these are the floats I have and they are good for the Skyartec 182 I have ...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_EPO_182.html

Just needs a little work to clear battery hatch ... I considered making new bracket tabs in the floats to move fixing points....

I also considered whether I could use existing UC legs by removing wheels and hooking into mount tabs .... collet to fix.

Nigel

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Seaplanes E-Powered