Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Hi-Performance and Sailplanes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Hi-Performance and Sailplanes RC hotliners, electric pylon racers, F5B, F5D, sailplanes and gliders

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
awacs

Friends: (0)
Default Elipsoid Evolution

Good day,

I want to ask you for help. I am buying this electric glider - http://www.reichard.cz/en/models/ele...oid-evolution/
And I want some help with equpping it. I have ESC and engine, but need help with receiver and servos.
I want to use AR600C Spektrum, but half of people told me, that I should buy AR6210 with sattelite and half to buy AR60, that it is the same.
Plane has fibreglass fuse with something called carbon roving to make it more durable. I have no idea, if it is at whole fuse or only somewhere. What do you think?

And for servos I want to use these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0_10s_12g.html
On suggestion by my friend, seems good to me.

Thank you for some advices
Old 01-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

Club: Mile High Club
Friends: (3)

awacs

I might suggest you look at Headsuprc.com for your servos. I have used these and never worn anything out so far. I also use their rec. Never had a failure on the FM or 2.4. You can get pretty much all you want and shipped in a few days, also....2 dollar shipping, if your in the States.. Nice looking Sailplane! Happy Flying!!

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/StoreFront
Old 01-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #3
quorneng
Super Contributor

Club: A lone flyer!
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (7)

awacs
The Elipsoid Evolution is quite a serious sail plane and at 2.8m is not exactly small.

You don't say how much RC flight experience you have. Have you flown anything like this before? It is not really a beginners plane.

Carbon roving can affect the receiver but it will depend on how much there is in the fuselage.
A satellite receiver with its aerial at 90 degrees to the first means you are less likely to lose the radio signal at long range as 2.4 can be direction sensitive although many say even a single unit still has an 'out of sight' range.

Do keep asking questions.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
Paulbilbo

Club: Berkshire County RC
Default I Have an older one...

Hi awacs,

I have an Older version of the Ellipsoid that I have been flying for many years. It is a sweetheart of a plane and I use a Spectrum receiver w/remote and have never had a problem with range. I've specked-out with is several times where I thought I wasn't going to get it back, but it is such a smooth flyer you don't need to fully see it to fly it.

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Murph
Old 03-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
teamwilly

G'day awacs
If it is not too late look at the following link.

http://www.der-schweighofer.at/artik...00_mm_reichard

Looks like a great bird, may consider this for myself down the track.The supplier is very good in the link above . I have had very good dealings with them.Bought the Robbe "Primo" and the Robbe "Arcus Talent kit" from them.Come new year and up to end of February they put some very good specials on. Also remember the VAT tax of 19% comes off the item if you live outside the EU.

Happy gliding TW

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Hi-Performance and Sailplanes