Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-11-2013, 03:54 AM   #1
upuprcflyn

Friends: (0)
Question Lanyu Cessna 182 Skylane TW 747 lll lighiting nightmare PLZ HELP

HELP!!! After build completion all navigation lights turned on, that was just after Christmas and will not come back on even after checking all connections with the LED module and charging the Battery

After removing and looking over the LED module I can hear something rattling loosely as I shake it, could the LED module gone bad? called local hobby shop General Hobby in Upland California where i purchased the Cessna.
They had me email them pictures of all wire connection from the wings to connections inside the fuselage so they can forward to the lighting experts at Lanyu Hobby located in China. Still waiting as of 2wks ago what a BUMMER, love the plane but tired of waiting not good customer service. Anybody know how a beginner like myself can fix the HEADACHE nightmare? greatly appreciate it.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
firemanbill
Community Moderator

View firemanbill's Gallery67
Club: Newport News Park R/C Club
Awards Showcase

125mph Speed Demon  100mph Speed Demon  2kW  4kW 
Friends: (63)

If something is rattling inside the module that's a pretty good sign that it is broke.

Not much chance of fixing it so stay on them about replacing it.

2012 SEFF Night Bowling Champion!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (8)

If you bought it from your local hobby shop then just take it back and demand a refund or replacement. Your 'contract' is with the dealer from who you bought the model, not with Lanyu in China. Sounds like the dealer is just fobbing you off, dont accept it.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
firemanbill
Community Moderator

View firemanbill's Gallery67
Club: Newport News Park R/C Club
Awards Showcase

125mph Speed Demon  100mph Speed Demon  2kW  4kW 
Friends: (63)

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
If you bought it from your local hobby shop then just take it back and demand a refund or replacement. Your 'contract' is with the dealer from who you bought the model, not with Lanyu in China. Sounds like the dealer is just fobbing you off, dont accept it.
I see this more and more. Everything you buy now that you have to put together say in the instructions... "Do not return to store if items are missing, contact manufacturer at..."

I refuse to do that, if it is defective or missing something no way in hell am I waiting 6 weeks or more for a piece to fix what I paid for today. I just box it back up and take it back to the store and demand an exchange.

2012 SEFF Night Bowling Champion!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #5
upuprcflyn

Friends: (0)

Thx all
Good recommendations, good beginners learning experience. I should have returned it aft noticing lack of insulation in box causing some damage to plane. Big red flag, I will stay on them like stink and glue to fix the problem.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners