Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-15-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)
Default Tomsrc california,still waitting on refund for $135?????

hey gang, i don't know if anyone here has used tomsrc in California,i order a hitec optic 6 that was on backorder till mid December.i canceled my order about a week before Christmas. i have been trying to contact them through their own contact email on their site with no luck.i have left several phone messages with my phone # and request for a refund. i waited till Jan 2nd to file a resolution thru paypal which is the first time for me.

they finally contacted paypal and me on Jan 10th with an "I'm sorry for the delay with your order,we had hoped to process your order by end of DEC" no mention of sending a refund yet. maybe it's just me,but isn't a month of someone holding your money a bit slow for issuing a refund. shouldn't the wording in the response through paypal have included a mention of my account being refunded

let me know if you've dealt with toms rc and if they're just slow to refund my money or is this a isolated incident. otherwise...buyers beware!!

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:33 AM   #2
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Stu sorry to read about the troubles with your purchase that bites. Did you escalate the claim with PayPal?
I have bought servos and a couple of RX's from their ebay store, and never had a problem with the service. Hope you get your money back soon.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:16 AM   #3
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,112 Times in 2,022 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (306)

Hurry, Escalate your PayPal Claim, if you dont, time will run out and you may loose your Claim.

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 01-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

I have ordered from them 6-7 times with zero issues. I never did a refund however but they are good guys from my perspective. Sorry your experience differs.

They have always come through for me though.

MIke
Old 01-16-2013, 02:00 AM   #5
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

you'd think after a month they'd refund my money,or even after sending notice via paypal resolution. so went to claims last night and feel bad what with you guys getting good service. we'll see what happens.

funny,today i received 6 3cell 4000mah 40c zippies fromhk usa warehouse. checked and 5 were great and one had the #2 cell read 1.2v and dropped to .94v while taking pictures of it to send to hks customer service. this is where i really don't get to upset as these batts were $23 and got here in a week. if i have to send it back to hk usa warehouse no problem i'll use the any weight USPS small box. i won't send it back to china.

just have to see if they like my explanation on delivery day and the pictures sent.but anyway i look at it the price is still great and i like the zippy brand.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 016.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	165589
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 019.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	165590

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #6
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

here the finale report on tomsrc. paypal request i respond to the claim i made or time would run out and they would close the claim.....i went online only to find an endless loop trying to figure out where to respond and what do they need.

my wonderful wife took over the search and confirmed i wasn't the problem lol. she call paypal and stayed on hold for almost a 1/2 hr before the agent answered.[i did offer to hold the phone] she refused and finally got through,the tracking # given them for a refund was incorrect so they are refunding my account now. pay pal is the best or i have a bad feeling tomsrc would be stringing me along for a long,long time.

for me,all's well that ends well. but to my friends here at wattflyer...

buyers beware!!!!!tomsrc has questionable customer service if you try to cancel a back ordered item. fool me once shame on you fool me twice .....i deserve to be shamed.

make one customer happy ,he'll tell 3 people,make the same guy unhappy and he'll type it up for hundreds to read.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #7
firemanbill
Community Moderator

View firemanbill's Gallery67
Club: Newport News Park R/C Club
Awards Showcase

125mph Speed Demon  100mph Speed Demon  2kW  4kW 
Friends: (63)

Good to hear you got your money back Stu!

I haven't bought from these guys, and sure don't plan to now!

2012 SEFF Night Bowling Champion!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #8
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Stu glad you got your money back knock on wood so far I haven't had to start a claim with PayPal.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:53 AM   #9
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 

Hi Stu Paypal has Always come through for me, its a shame that you sometimes have to use the claim because of some scammers out there, paypal may not be 100% perfect, but it has always worked for me, Glad you got your money back, Dont be afraid to use Paypal claims dept, its there for you when you need it, Take care and have fun, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 01-17-2013, 02:06 AM   #10
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

yeah,it's always good to get money back and go forward. one thing i did for kicks is typed in tomsrc ebay. not good if 2 star rating means anything..... also they sell everykind of thing like ball cards ,cloths,,shoes,ect...ect. best to stay with the proven dealers.

the issue with 1 in 6 batteries being bad from hk,i expect that might happen and thus can still be glad to pay less. i'llbe interested if i can send it back to the usa warehouse. ...

Old 01-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #11
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by stuart View Post
yeah,it's always good to get money back and go forward. one thing i did for kicks is typed in tomsrc ebay. not good if 2 star rating means anything..... also they sell everykind of thing like ball cards ,cloths,,shoes,ect...ect. best to stay with the proven dealers.

the issue with 1 in 6 batteries being bad from hk,i expect that might happen and thus can still be glad to pay less. i'llbe interested if i can send it back to the usa warehouse. ...
Hi Stu dont even worry about 1 lipo being Bad from HK, you have already saved enough money buying from HK, buying different items cheap, that 1 bad battery does not even mean anything, and it will cost you more money and hassel to send it back, so just toss out the bad lipo and forget about it water under the bridge as they say

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions