I have a dx5e and a variety of receivers. I had cause to make use of an orange 9 channel rx just recently. After the usual binding process and successful flying of the plane I went to use another of my planes. I found the tx and rx no longer talking to each other so I had to rebind.
I could then fly that plane and all my other ones once again.
So I find I have to rebind each time I want to use the 9 channel rx and then go back to all the rest of my rx's.
All Rx's are DSM2 and there is no model match issue with a dx5e.
Any clues as to what is happening here ?
I have 2 Orange 9's and several Orange 6 ch plus the 4 ch.
In Spektrums I have 6 Ar 6100s 2, AR 500, and the AR 7000
I have had no bind issues with anyone of them.
The transmitter is the master and the receivers are bound to it, the binding does not change the TX in any way.
Your problem sounds strange, and I can,t think of a simple reason it should happen.
What RX's are in the other planes?
You say all my other ones, so if I understand, all planes with something other than the Orange 9 RX, either work or not, but as a group?
Can't figure that one out right now. let us know more if possible.
Thanks but it is not a matter of loosing bind as such. There seems to be a change in the binding ident when binding to the 9 channel rx just as when binding to a dsmx rx on the dx5e. Do that and the bind is lost to all my DSM2 rx's. I can get them all back by rebinding to any one of them. Then to go back to a DSMX rx I have to rebind to it.
My noting it is a dx5e is relevant as this tx only has one memory and cannot change between dsmx mode and dsm2 mode just by recalling a different model memory.
The 9 channel only looses bind when I have to go back to using one of my other rx's and rebind one of them (they are all then rebound). They all loose bind when I bind the 9 channel. Given all are DSM2, my understanding is this should not occur.
As an aside, during the testing process I discovered if I lock the dx5e into DSM2 mode I can actually bind a DSMX rx and not loose bind on all the other DSM2 rx's (except of course this 9 channel rx).
Yes, it would be good to see what would happen on a higher spec tx but none around this way.
All the others are Orange 6 channel and one Spektrum AR600.
Same problem here with the one AR600-X that came with my DX5e and the four 6ch "Orange" receivers I've since obtained. Tonight I extracted the problem Spektrum unit and replaced it with an Orange one. Problem solved...
It has been a while since I started this thread.
In the interim I was finally able to bind the 9 channel and not loose bind with all the other DSM2 rx's. I can't remember what I did different, it may have been to bind the 9 channel with an Orange satellite attached.
One thing that has happened is the ditching of all of the 6 channel orange rx's among our flying group. All unexplained loss of controls have now ceased.
All DSM2 flyers at our field are now only using genuine Spektrum or the 7 channel Orange (plus my one off 9 channel Orange).
For our more precious models we have gone Frsky.