Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > AMA and Informal Clubs > AMA Clubs > AMA District l Clubs > Massachusetts
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #51
Old_Crow

Friends: (0)

I'm from Lakeville but fly in Raynham (about 15 minutes North).

"What was I thinking? My anti-gravity servos!"
Old 09-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #52
Gnascher
Got My TX - Need 2 Fly!

View Gnascher's Gallery4
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (6)

Originally Posted by rafanho View Post
pleased to meet u...i didnt know about this place....but i ll be one of then now....i was looking at google maps...great place to fly...and about you?
do u fly there?

I have flown there. It's a nice big field, and you can often get a free area, even if there's sports going on in part of it. It's best when you can get it to yourself though. It's especially nice when you can use one of the baseball diamonds for your airport.

I haven't flown much in the last year though ... haven't had the time. Hopefully get more stick time soon though.

AMA#: 891791
Old 11-12-2011, 03:05 AM   #53
RickSide

I'm in North Attleboro. Member of the Lazy Loopers.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:33 AM   #54
init4fun

Friends: (1)

Old 01-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #55
coreman
Combatant/Target

Club: Sturbridge Lawn Darts
Friends: (2)

Originally Posted by Gnascher View Post
You: "No, Wistah"

Salesman: "Oh, could you spell that please?"

You: "w-o-r-c-e-s-t-e-r, just like it sounds!"

Salesman: " ... "
WOO-stah, beloved wormtown

Southbridge reporting in
Old 01-23-2012, 01:22 AM   #56
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Hey coreman I was just out at John's today looks like he could use a couple of the little gremlins ya cut.
I met you at a rc club flea market out Boston way over a year ago with my granddaughter. I still haven't bought one of those Gremlins yet like to get one and have a go at with Rene. I wouldn't stand a chance against him, but it would be fun doing some ribbon cutting mainly my ribbon getting cut that is.
Quick question has anyone done your full size Gremlin up electric yet?
Welcome aboard.

John
Old 01-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #57
coreman
Combatant/Target

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
Hey coreman I was just out at John's today looks like he could use a couple of the little gremlins ya cut.
I met you at a rc club flea market out Boston way over a year ago with my granddaughter. I still haven't bought one of those Gremlins yet like to get one and have a go at with Rene. I wouldn't stand a chance against him, but it would be fun doing some ribbon cutting mainly my ribbon getting cut that is.
Quick question has anyone done your full size Gremlin up electric yet?
Welcome aboard.

John
Might have me to deal with this year also as I've been talking to Rene and will be joining soon. We have an electric firewall for the 48" Gremlin and I've been flying it in some of the contests up in NH the last couple of years but have recently gone over to the GremTwin in my avatar as my open class ship. I can certainly get you set up with a mini kit. Don't know if you are around during the day fridays but we fly from 10-2 in the Auburn Sportsplex off Rt20 (which is where I saw Rene 2 weeks ago). Thanks for the welcome.

Jim
Old 01-23-2012, 01:56 AM   #58
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Looking forward to seeing you down there be fun to watch you 2 go at. I would love to give it a try doing some Gremlin combat looks like ball.
Actually I would be more interested in your regular size Gremlin and setting it up electric. Little bigger and easier to see.
No I can't get down to the sportsplex there on Fridays four letter word gets in the way called work.To bad they don't have weekend time down there.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:06 AM   #59
coreman
Combatant/Target

We almost had weekend time on the 28th but the girls soccer league bought it up and we can't compete at $400/hr. They have to make a profit to allow us to take up the slack

Rene and I have certainly had our battles over the years. We used to hold contests in Oxford up until about 4 years ago, maybe it was longer. Back about the time Ron G discovered he broke fewer planes playing GOLF!

(I have pictures of Rene running a contest 10/10/04 online)
Old 01-24-2012, 03:05 AM   #60
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Rene told me to do a goggle search with his name and I found some videos and articles for the gremlin combat competitions. You folks sounded like you where having a ball flying. I have a Friday off coming up have to blow the dust off my ember and head down to the sportplex to check it out. Be nice to fly indoors gets cold out there flying this time of year. Is there any fee for flying on Fri.?
I have heard some stories about Ron almost sounds like he, was better off taking up golf.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #61
coreman
Combatant/Target

Rene told me to do a goggle search with his name and I found some videos and articles for the gremlin combat competitions. You folks sounded like you where having a ball flying. I have a Friday off coming up have to blow the dust off my ember and head down to the sportplex to check it out. Be nice to fly indoors gets cold out there flying this time of year. Is there any fee for flying on Fri.?
I have heard some stories about Ron almost sounds like he, was better off taking up golf.
Still have been having a ball. We have a lot of new blood from NH involved the last few years and are still having 6+ competitions a year. The Sportplex times are 10-2 fridays and $10 for pilots (spectators free). Starting February 3rd we move to 9-1 due to Worcester State Baseball coming in in the afternoon. plenty of Embers and Champs and Vapors flying as well as a lot of 3D Foamies as well.

Check out my YouTube Indoor playlist from those sessions at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...F&feature=plcp

A great example is our Christmas week video
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #62
RickSide

I'll throw this out for anyone who may be interested in buying or selling the the South Easter MA area.

LAZY LOOPERS 2012 ANNUAL AUCTION
Sunday February 19, 2012
Planes, Batteries, Accessories and what-have-you. Raffle for items donated from local hobby shops.
Wrentham, MA

You can visit the Lazyloopers.com website for times and other info.

For Flight, Maiden, Unboxing and other R/C and Flight related videos check out my Youtube channel.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #63
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Thanks for posting your auction so we know about it. I might take a ride down and check it out always a good time at these and good chance to pick up a good deal on some items.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:02 AM   #64
RickSide

Thanks for posting your auction so we know about it. I might take a ride down and check it out always a good time at these and good chance to pick up a good deal on some items.
Hope to meet you there! Should be a good time.

For Flight, Maiden, Unboxing and other R/C and Flight related videos check out my Youtube channel.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #65
Stevo

Smile Rocky Hill Flying Circus

Originally Posted by Mr. X. View Post
Gramps,

Is there a way to join the rocky hill flying circus? I live in Oxford and have been trying to find a flying site. I have been on Rc groups under the same name for a while and googled oxford and the name came up.

Dave
Hello. I'm also interested in information on joining RHFC as well. I live down the road from the field. My son and I have taken our bikes there a few times via the MidState trail, but never seen anyone flying. I work in Boston and are looking for a field that is close to home to get some flights in when I get home from work in the summer. I've been flying since 2008, but my current club is about 35 minute drive. Any info you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Steven
Old 04-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #66
coreman
Combatant/Target

Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Hello. I'm also interested in information on joining RHFC as well. I live down the road from the field. My son and I have taken our bikes there a few times via the MidState trail, but never seen anyone flying. I work in Boston and are looking for a field that is close to home to get some flights in when I get home from work in the summer. I've been flying since 2008, but my current club is about 35 minute drive. Any info you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Steven
hi Steven! I'm pretty sure we have talked. Rene Rusche would be the person to talk to. I'm not sure what the state of memberships are at the moment.

Jim
Old 04-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #67
Stevo

Originally Posted by coreman View Post
hi Steven! I'm pretty sure we have talked. Rene Rusche would be the person to talk to. I'm not sure what the state of memberships are at the moment.

Jim
Hi Jim,
Thanks for responding. I think we did speak at Johns. Can you pm me a phone # or email address where I can contact Rene. I've searched the web and can not come up with one. I've been thinking that the RHFC is a white unicorn..... You hear alot about them, but never actually seen one. LOL
Thanks again.

Steven
Old 04-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #68
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Stevo I had the same feelling that RHFC was only a figment of my imagination.

I can give Rene a call tonight and find out for you. You must have your AMA card if you were flying at the other club right. I am hoping to get down there this Sat. if you want to come as a guest let me know. By the way you didn't stop in Cumberland Farms recently asking about the flying site did you? I know the cashiers there one of said a guy was in looking for directions to the club.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #69
Stevo

Stevo I had the same feelling that RHFC was only a figment of my imagination.

I can give Rene a call tonight and find out for you. You must have your AMA card if you were flying at the other club right. I am hoping to get down there this Sat. if you want to come as a guest let me know. By the way you didn't stop in Cumberland Farms recently asking about the flying site did you? I know the cashiers there one of said a guy was in looking for directions to the club.
Not me at Cumberland farms. Yes, I have an up to date AMA membership. I can take a trip down this Saturday with my son. From the gate, it's much too far to carry any equipment. Would really enjoy meeting some of the flyers. Do you fly late morning or afternoons.
Thanks again.

Steven
Old 04-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #70
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Stevo I sent you a PM with my phone number.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #71
kidhickey

Friends: (1)

Dudley MA. here, Rocky Hill Flying Circus, member flying out of Oxford, MA.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #72
coreman
Combatant/Target

Originally Posted by kidhickey View Post
Dudley MA. here, Rocky Hill Flying Circus, member flying out of Oxford, MA.
A club well represented here. Welcome!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > AMA and Informal Clubs > AMA Clubs > AMA District l Clubs > Massachusetts

Tags
massachusetts