Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
boodaghost

Friends: (1)
Default Eflite Gee Bee wing install

Went flying today with a plane my wife had to have. An Eflite Gee Bee that she's been in love with from the first time she laid eyes on it. Didn't think that she would actually want to maiden it as her stick time has been minimal on even a 3 channel.

Since I considered it 'her plane', I didn't argue. I just told her to get as much altitude as possible. She did well at first, but gravity and inexperience finally had it's way. The crash managed to break the wing off at the root and wiped out a couple of the carbon struts.

Question is: Has anyone had experience replacing the wing on one of these??? I generally have no issue with repairing this stuff and am only looking for pointers. Thanks.........
Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (7)

Sorry to say that there was only ever one likely outcome if she was leaping all the way from only having a little stick time on a 3 channel trainer to a UM Gee-Bee

Anyway, epoxy works pretty well with most types of foam, just dont go nuts and use too much as it's easy to add excessive weight especially on a weight critical ultra-micro..
Old 01-22-2013, 05:35 AM   #3
boodaghost

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Sorry to say that there was only ever one likely outcome if she was leaping all the way from only having a little stick time on a 3 channel trainer to a UM Gee-Bee
Agree, this was just one of those times that I needed to have the chips fall.... I've worn her out about practicing on my Realflight sim and she wants nothing of it. Then she'll turn around and complain about how she's not good at anything. Next time, if there is one, I'll bring out the buddy box cable. I never even thought about it because I didn't think that she would even want to try and fly it. Surprise
Old 02-08-2013, 05:57 AM   #4
BullDog2012

http://secure.hobbyzone.com/EFLU4580.html

Use this code: CPNEFLU4580 at http://www.hobbyzone.com/

and you can get a new one for $64

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes

Tags
foam glue , gee bee , wing installation