Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #26
Chucksolo69

Friends: (1)

Hoghead5150 is dead RIGHT. I have the Gamma 370 and it is the quintessential beginner plane. Very easy to fly and very stable. I recently passed mine to my brother who is also a newbie; I replaced it with the Ares Gamma 370 Pro. Try the Gamma 370 it won't disappoint.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:55 AM   #27
Pks4life420

Friends: (0)

So I for my plane today and I was tempted to try get out but after joining this forum and getting an overwhelming number of yall telling to find anther to start with I went ahead and ordered me the Gamma 370 after watching loads of videos and reading around sounded like the right plane to start with but man oh man unboxing the star trainer had me so excited that I wanted to take it out and crash it a few times! The wind was perfect and the batteries are all ready to go... I put a rush delivery on my gamma though cause today just got me so stoked to jump right in.. Thank you all for the help and advice do I didn't go and run this beauty in the gound I'll be looking forward to asking yall many more questions and posting my maiden flight with my gamma
Old 12-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #28
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

View Crash Test Dummy's Gallery15
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (4)

Good luck, let us know how it works out for you.

CTD
Old 12-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #29
Chucksolo69

Friends: (1)

Patience is the key grasshopper. The Gamma 370 will train you with confidence.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #30
n001pa
Procrastinate Now!

View n001pa's Gallery3

I'm actually considering this plane myself. I'd get it in kit fasion though so you don't have to worry about the questionable quality of the electronics. Quite a bit cheaper at $150 too. I've been flying for many years but I still love to come back to a relaxing trainer once in a while. And I love those big tundra tires, although I'll replace them with something more durable if I get it.

My only concern is that I'm a truck driver and I want something I can take on the road with me. So it needs to be easy to store and I'm afraid this one may be a bit big. I need something that isn't always going to be grounded by weather though. We'll see, I have to plan and pay for a wedding first.

And as for parts, I just checked the parts tab for the blue one and they have just about everything you need.
http://www.bananahobby.com/blue-star...1704-prd1.html

Carl
Remember Yesterday
Plan for Tomorrow
Live Today
Old 01-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #31
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by n001pa View Post

My only concern is that I'm a truck driver and I want something I can take on the road with me. So it needs to be easy to store and I'm afraid this one may be a bit big. I need something that isn't always going to be grounded by weather though. We'll see, I have to plan and pay for a wedding first.
One of my club members is a cross country truck driver with a sleeper cab. He routinely carries a bunch of small foamie electrics along with him where ever he goes. Mike is a danged good pilot, and can do stuff with his foamie models that I can only dream about with my larger and much more expensive 1KW and larger models.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #32
n001pa
Procrastinate Now!

View n001pa's Gallery3

I have planes like the ultra micro champ and the old beast but they are too dependent on nice weather. I also have my tried and true parkzone T28 but it's had so many flights on it that it's ready to be retired. By the way, I'd through it in the ring of great planes to learn with. I know, it's ailerons, but I have never had an easier and more fun plane to fly other than the um champ.

Carl
Remember Yesterday
Plan for Tomorrow
Live Today

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners