Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-19-2012, 01:25 AM   #576
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

......... i have the gopro silver camera to wear on a headband mount......
I just have a keychain cam velcro'd to my hat peak ! I also have the headcam - but that's not so dependable.

......... nigel,i really expect the pkjtwin to perform top notch....she'll be another bird to doppler.....
Once I get her in the air !! Believe me its no go with the set-up I put on ... so hopefully when I get home this time the smaller motors will have arrived ....... THEn she's got to go !

heres a rcspeedo question,if a video of a plane being dopplered by say an android phone says 104mph but my doppler reading off the laptop is different..... would the temp of the gps readings on my phone here being different than the phone in the video change the doppler reading very much?
They will change but I wouldn't think by a great amount unless you have significant temp difference. You can always ask the author of the software on his thread ... either here or on RCG.
Personally - I've never seen a big difference, TBH never felt need to look for diffference.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 12-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #577
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

I'm home ...

I've received the twin motors for replacement on the PKJ(T).

Will be fitting them and testing over next couple of days ... inbetween Pints of course !!

We have serious snow and winter here now - so test flights will be dependent on whether we can clear a location for the Bungee Catapult ... !! No way I will risk injury to a hand launcher.

Watch this space !!

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 12-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #578
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)

update on pkj's. my new optic 6 tx is finally here and ready for memory loading of pkj's,funjet,stinger,ect.....ect...... weather is the issue for the weekend but hoping to get phone doppler readings during next flights.

next chance to fly will be 1/1/13!!!! i hate the cold but cant hate it more than the waitting o get back in the air since the tx went down.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #579
Beemerider

Club: Augusta County RC Club
Friends: (1)

I have made very little progress. Much going on these past weeks. After the little lady goes back to work on the 2nd of Jan I will be able to get more accomplished! (she works for a local college) The cold weather has slowed me down a bit as my shop is apart from the house and basically unheated. But I'm trying to work around that.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #580
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Where I no longer need a Home Office anymore - I then moved my modelling there ! It's size of a reasonable bedroom - well it was originally a bedroom ...

Nigel

Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 AM   #581
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Guy over on RCGroups has hit 224kph with his PKJ ... similar act to mine : high power Heli motor etc.

So fights on again ... I shall return from assignment and increase my vigour to get the record back ... !!

I may even ressurrect PKJ1 ...... clean her up and mount single prop as that's only fair I think ... and chase his 224kph ...

Interesting that he found same as me .. 224 seemed to be as far as he could push it no matter what prop etc.
Maybe that's the airframe max ?

Nigel

Old 01-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #582
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

I have this piece of crap ....

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._for_70mm.html

It's out of my F16 70mm EDF model ... the designer should be hung drawn and 1/4'd for not providing good cooling flow on it.

So I intend to lump it on PKJ1 when I renovate it. Being heavy - it will allow me to carry the decent LiPo up front ...

I shall nickname it the 'Dum-Dum PKJ' ...

It won't be fast ... but it should be able to turn a good prop !

Nigel

Old 01-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #583
Beemerider

Club: Augusta County RC Club
Friends: (1)

I haven't visited this thread in a bit--been trying to finish up a covering job. I'm slow and quickly distracted . I've moved the job to the spare bedroom, using my 100+ year old claw foot table for a work bench. My wife took one look when she came in from work and it quickly became clear she was getting ready to offer some words of wisdom.

Anyway making some serious progress (at least for me) and hope to have it covered in the next day or two. It's a bit chilly here in Virginia right now so I won't be tempted to hit the flying field in lieu of my current project.

The tail of the fuse looks a bit odd as I had to re-attach the tail as well as re-enforce it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001[3].jpg
Views:	46
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	165790   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004[1].jpg
Views:	63
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	165791  
Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #584
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Still seems that HK are not stocking the PK kist anymore ... Stuart highlighted this a while ago and I just put it down to lack of stock .......... but the kit is not even listed now. Only version now is the PnF which of course we don't need.
It's doubly a pain for me ... I loved the Decal sheets that came with the kit ... I used them on other models !

Nigel

Old 01-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #585
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

What we gonna do guys and gals ?

Parkjets ..... I don't really want to buy complete PnF versions .. nearest to it is the Skyfun, but is bigger, costs more .... slower ....

Nigel

Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #586
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

I am bummed on the kit version being gone,perhaps if enough folks type custormer service for more.......naaaaaah,not going to happen.

what also stunk was the kit with $25 shipping still was more than i wanted to spend. i'm still going to fly the 4850kv on 3cell,and the 3000kv on 4 and see what speeds i get. temps outside are in the teens and for the last 3 weeks i'v been in pain with an implant being removed by my dentist. seems to have taken the steam outa my desire to do anything.

wouldn't you think there would be some way to find the parkjet manufacture direct to purchase more.

i know it's a big step up,but what about the hk skyfun......certainly 4cell all the way ,maybe a small 5cell.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #587
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by stuart View Post
I am bummed on the kit version being gone,perhaps if enough folks type custormer service for more.......naaaaaah,not going to happen.

what also stunk was the kit with $25 shipping still was more than i wanted to spend. i'm still going to fly the 4850kv on 3cell,and the 3000kv on 4 and see what speeds i get. temps outside are in the teens and for the last 3 weeks i'v been in pain with an implant being removed by my dentist. seems to have taken the steam outa my desire to do anything.

wouldn't you think there would be some way to find the parkjet manufacture direct to purchase more.

i know it's a big step up,but what about the hk skyfun......certainly 4cell all the way ,maybe a small 5cell.
See my previous ... Skyfun ... same design but bigger ... slower ... higher priced ..... the kit is near price of full PKJ !

Dam Dam Dam .... The Skyfun as far as I know is Skyartec .. but PKJ is different factory ... possibly HK contracted.... most HK stuff that is not their's has original box or labels somewhere in the packaging identifying source ... but PKJ doesn't have anything.

I sent PM to Scott ... see if any possibility ... but no reply yet. I was goping to email HK - but online all I get is Chat CS ... does anyone have the actual email address ? maybe a mass email request like a petition ?

Nigel

Old 01-24-2013, 03:37 AM   #588
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

i just asked online support who to send this request to,she gave me this email address.
i also added my posts with yours in the review/disscussion section of the epo parkjet arf/bnf section. i also typed 2 requests in the hobbyking forum site...lol....hope they bring it back since my 3000kv for 4cell is on a beat up body and the 4850 kv model is flying beautifuly. i hate to chang it.
support@hobbyking.zendesk.com

thats the same address i contacted for my replacement battery and got great results. lets try sending email every now and then and see if they answer us. stu

Old 01-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #589
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Following sent :

Dear HK,
Along with many others in the RC Groups and Wattflyer.com Need For Speed groups - we are dissapointed that the Parkjet Kit is no longer available.
This small model has been the mainstay of the Speed group. Speeds over 200km/hr are commonplace since group formed.
The PnF version is not suitable for us as we do not require the power set-up, as we power these models in our own way and with own motors / ESc etc.
Can you advise when the Parkjet Kit will be available again ?
Best Regards
Nigel C. Luther
"solentlife" on Rc Groups and Wattflyer

Lets see what happens ........

Nigel

Old 01-24-2013, 05:13 AM   #590
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

and to the Bosses :

hr@hextronik.com

Nigel

Old 01-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #591
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Reply rec'd :

Hi,The mould is no longer available due to the injection factory closing downand the government seizing the equipment for auction to pay the debts of theinjection factory.
We do not wish to spend the money to open a new mould as it is quite
expensive.
We have another design right now that will be produced soon that is cheaper
and a better product.

On Jan 24, 2013, at 1:12 PM, solent-life <nluther@solent-life.co.uk> wrote:

Lets see what new design comes ...

Nigel

Old 01-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #592
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Could this be the new NfS machine ? (Converted to pusher of course)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...kit_only_.html

??

Nigel

Old 01-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #593
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

I'll skip the pushycats type planes. if it wasn't for $$$$ effecting who wants to compete for record speeds within our group i would love to bump my multiplex funjet ultra up to 6cell.

i like the radjet and a few guys at my field bought it and like the stock setup. but i haven't looked to see if they have a bare bones kit. i do think theres 2 different sizes. reg and mini radjet.

its very sad the hk pkj's are a thing of the past. i really want to change the dons 3000kv fuse with a new one.

there must be another place to buy an inexpensive parkjet. scratch building isn't appealing either as i have to much to finish building/repairs ,ect....ect, and there would be variations in materials used so the playing field might not be a conformed to using the same jet fuse.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:32 AM   #594
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Stuart .....

cut and paste from RCGroups I just posted after a suggestion .....

>>

Originally Posted by headlessagain View Post
...........If you are planning a scratch build why not have a look at the SNice-mitar -Scimitar Wing Clone http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1499635&pp=100.
Similar planform and very nice design
Andy
This may just be the one !! Small 28" WS .. similar power plant .. similar layout ... but it's cheap enough to build in sheet foam ...
I've downloaded the PDF's .. and will see about the build ... maybe a few mods to bring it to closer PKJ design ...
I will post up what I do .. I have the original PKJ to work from in comparison ...
About the Flycat .. not first time I heard it's cramped for battery. So that's a point against it.
There's another possible - the Skyangel Screamer ... it's an EDF but available in frame only form from HobbyB...

http://www.hobbyb.com/2012-new-skyan...html?cPath=121

Our pusher power plants on the tail end instead of the EDF ... bet she'd get some speed on ... and $24.90 + shipping ...

Nigel

Old 01-25-2013, 03:56 AM   #595
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Here's another possibility ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Foam-Par...item2313067576

Nigel

Edit : Ridiculous exclusions on Shipping !! He says Worldwide and then cuts out half !

Old 01-25-2013, 04:34 AM   #596
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

Nigel my friend...looks like your onto some great ideas here. it's to late to read up on them now but this is very encouraging! may place an order or 2 to see which is best for our purposes.

will write more after work Friday. stu great find!!!!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:35 AM   #597
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by stuart View Post
Nigel my friend...looks like your onto some great ideas here. it's to late to read up on them now but this is very encouraging! may place an order or 2 to see which is best for our purposes.

will write more after work Friday. stu great find!!!!
Basically I don't want to go through all that work again to suit a different airframe. The Skyfun etc. is different enough in size to put our work aside.

So ... my thoughts are to the scratchbuild Snice-mitar .. it's very close to the PKJ .. a little alteration here and there and it's a near copy.

Skyfun - too big, slow

Radjet - small one cannot carry the LiPo, big one is like Skyfun - too big

Sniper - b****y expensive !! Crazy price

Pushy cat - pricey ... too small battery ...

Flycat - too small battery again ..

Screamer - mmmmm possible .... replacing EDF with pusher prop allows us some extra leeway with weight and LiPo ... is supposed to quick in EDF form - so Pusher will be even faster.

Ebay model - shipping restrictions by seller make this a non-starter for me ..

Still for me ... the Snice-mitar ticks most boxes ... cheap, cheerful, right size, box fuselage lends itself to batterys etc. Just have to sort out that wing shape and aerofoil ... as plan - it's not a fast section .. it has a definite step that will create parasitic drag .. so I suggest a folded wing with spar to keep smooth contour .... a Flat wing needs angle of attack that creates drag also .. so has to be contoured wing style.

Anyone else with ideas / suggestions etc.?

Nigel

Old 01-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #598
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

I contacted Snice to see what he reckons of it for NfS use ...

I attach files of bthe 28" version here - hope he doesn't mind ... maybe someone can build / comment / etc. ?

Nigel

Attached Files
File Type: pdf SNICE-MITAR_28_FULL.pdf (411.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: pdf SNICE-MITAR_28_TILED_A4.pdf (348.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: pdf SNICE-MITAR_28_TILED_letter.pdf (357.6 KB, 17 views)

Old 01-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #599
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

i just hit the buy button again,but it was for 4 cell 4000mah 40c zippies to run series with the same mah/c rated 3cells. i have to enlarge the battery compartment in the great planes extra 300 s . 7 cells will give the eflite power 60 the extra kick the extra deserves.

thats a recent spent total of about $450 for batts recently with the six 25c 2200mahs,and the3cell 1300mah 30c batts for the pkj[3 of those], and two 4cell 1300mah 30c for the pkj with dons wicked 3000kv motor.

so i really have to chill on what we experiment with "need for speed" as i have two pkj's,a funjet ultra.i also have a stinger to maiden . once i get speeds dopplered on the pkj's i'll figure out what to go with for expanded version of NFS. not to be a pooper[every party has one],but i have a "bird of time" 3/4 completed and sitting waiting for me to desire to build it,thats why the snictar idea isn't that appealing right now. really need to fly but the temps in the 20's.....not happening. just getting more lazy after work these days.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #600
LowThudd

Friends: (0)

What do you think of this as an option: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Foam-Par...30838156849%26

Fairly simple, but very cheap.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets